White House to Catholic Bishops: Stop Lying about ObamaCare!

How could they? We know that the Catholic Bishops are entirely truthful in all things involving children...their welfare...etc.

Yet again we see here yet more use of the Alinski 'Rules for Radicals'.... if you can't argue the point, change the point.

Nice try, fail.

for someone who claims to be a journalist, you toss about a lot of unsubstantiated propaganda.

oh right... this is your place to troll... as opposed to the places you respect for political discussion...

(where I'm sure everyone thinks just like you).

I'm gonna sit here and wait for you to go find the post where I claim to be a journalist.

Yet again we see here yet more use of the Alinski 'Rules for Radicals'.... if you can't argue the point, change the point.

Nice try, fail.

I am not trying to change the point, but rather stating that the Bishops have no dog in this race. With all of their own child molestation problems, if ANYTHING, I would think they should be in favor of healthcare reform, but in either case, they need to STFU and keep their noses out of Government policy decisions.

I didn't say you were trying to change the point. My post didn't quote you. The child molestation problems are nothing to do with the debate. And I find it really rather pathetic that instead of focusing on the issue, people look to use that as an excuse to dismiss the response of the Church.

However, if you paid attention, you would know that the Catholic Church is iin favor of healthcare reform. And, since their parishioners are Americans, this policy affects their parishioners and that makes it the Church's business.

Saying that the Church should STFU and keep out of it is like saying that the public should STUF and keep out of it. No doubt that would be very convenient but it ain't gonna happen.

I assume the policy of separation of church and state is foreign to you?

How could they? We know that the Catholic Bishops are entirely truthful in all things involving children...their welfare...etc.

Nice try, fail.

I am not trying to change the point, but rather stating that the Bishops have no dog in this race. With all of their own child molestation problems, if ANYTHING, I would think they should be in favor of healthcare reform, but in either case, they need to STFU and keep their noses out of Government policy decisions.

I disagree. You are changing the point. All Christians, Bishops included, have a concern about abortion. You defy logic by stating someone who has one problem cannot have a valid opinion on another issue. By that, you probably have no say in this either, certainly you have not lived a perfect life. Finally, when did a Bishop give up the right to free speech? Life and liberty are two areas the government is supposed to stay out of or support, not destroy.

Nice try, fail.

for someone who claims to be a journalist, you toss about a lot of unsubstantiated propaganda.

oh right... this is your place to troll... as opposed to the places you respect for political discussion...

I'm gonna sit here and wait for you to go find the post where I claim to be a journalist.

ah... so you write fiction...

ok... fair 'nuff... I've seen you writing a lot of fiction on this board so far.

:thup:

Nice try, fail.

I am referring to the track record of truthfulness of Catholic Bishops in this country...the topic is about the WH questioning their truthfulness. If you cannot see or refuse to see that it is connected...well, I suppose you have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

And I am referring to the truthfulness of the Administration. If you cannot or refuse to see that it is connected... well, I suppose you too have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

LOL. Politicans are as honest as the day is long but all Catholic Bishops are lying bastards. Sorry, I didn't get that memo.

I suspect that many people, particularly the families of those molested and the parishes that the molesting priests were moved to without heads up would agree with you...except for the "all". You added that caveat by yourself.

Federal funding of abortions has been illegal for over 30 years. There is nothing in the healthcare bill recinding the Hyde Amendment...........But that doesn't stop the fear mongers

The Hyde Amendment[1], passed on September 30, 1976 by the U.S. House by a 207-167 vote is a limitation amendment barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortions through funds allocated by the annual appropriations bill for Health and Human Services. It was so named because its chief sponsor was Republican Congressman Henry Hyde of Illinois. The measure was introduced in response to the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion, and represented the first major legislative success by abortion opponents in the United States. Contrary to popular conception the Hyde Amendment doesn't ban all federal funds from going for abortion funding it only bans funds from appropriations for the HHS budget from going to that purpose.

Federal funding of abortions has been illegal for over 30 years. There is nothing in the healthcare bill recinding the Hyde Amendment...........But that doesn't stop the fear mongers

The Hyde Amendment[1], passed on September 30, 1976 by the U.S. House by a 207-167 vote is a limitation amendment barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortions through funds allocated by the annual appropriations bill for Health and Human Services. It was so named because its chief sponsor was Republican Congressman Henry Hyde of Illinois. The measure was introduced in response to the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion, and represented the first major legislative success by abortion opponents in the United States. Contrary to popular conception the Hyde Amendment doesn't ban all federal funds from going for abortion funding it only bans funds from appropriations for the HHS budget from going to that purpose.

Rightwinger, don't suppose you slowed down enough to read the last sentence in your quote? Sort of shows your first statement is false. Thanks for making my job easy.

I am referring to the track record of truthfulness of Catholic Bishops in this country...the topic is about the WH questioning their truthfulness. If you cannot see or refuse to see that it is connected...well, I suppose you have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

And I am referring to the truthfulness of the Administration. If you cannot or refuse to see that it is connected... well, I suppose you too have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

LOL. Politicans are as honest as the day is long but all Catholic Bishops are lying bastards. Sorry, I didn't get that memo.

For you to side with Catholic bishops over politicians, tells me all I need to know about you. Troll.

And your response tells me what I need to know. Idiot.

I didn't say you were trying to change the point. My post didn't quote you. The child molestation problems are nothing to do with the debate. And I find it really rather pathetic that instead of focusing on the issue, people look to use that as an excuse to dismiss the response of the Church.

However, if you paid attention, you would know that the Catholic Church is iin favor of healthcare reform. And, since their parishioners are Americans, this policy affects their parishioners and that makes it the Church's business.

Saying that the Church should STFU and keep out of it is like saying that the public should STUF and keep out of it. No doubt that would be very convenient but it ain't gonna happen.

Nope, I'm perfectly well acquainted with it. So, how come the Administration invited the views of the Catholic Church? Why did they approach the Church? Why did they only get pissed off when the Church - having reviewed the information with their legal team - said they would not support it unless they include Hyde?

Nope, I'm perfectly well acquainted with it. So, how come the Administration invited the views of the Catholic Church? Why did they approach the Church? Why did they only get pissed off when the Church - having reviewed the information with their legal team - said they would not support it unless they include Hyde?

Beats the hell out of me!

ah... so you write fiction...

ok... fair 'nuff... I've seen you writing a lot of fiction on this board so far.

:thup:

Failed again, Jillian. Stop making shit up about me. Unless you can prove that I claim to write fiction for a living. Go ahead - I'll wait.

I certainly do.

I certainly do.

Keep patting yourself on the back girlie, meanwhile a Catholic priest is raping another little boy somewhere. These monsters are worse than your own Larry Craig. At least he preyed on MEN.

I certainly do.

Keep patting yourself on the back girlie, meanwhile a Catholic priest is raping another little boy somewhere. These monsters are worse than your own Larry Craig. At least he preyed on MEN.

But this is about the Church as an entity, not its individual priests. I can see why you prefer to focus elsewhere but the topic of this thread is about Obama getting pissy with the Catholic Church because - despite wanting healthcare - they refuse to support his plans, because of the abortion issue.

Try and focus on the issue or STFU and I'll pat myself on the back - again.

VaYank5150, you do realize that Obama is dividing this nation more and more? This is in opposition to his stated goal. Eventually you lose enough support that you fail at your job. Many like yourself use Bush as an example of this. Try to learn from it. The list grows of those thrown under the Obama bus. There will be more and very soon you can be sure of that.

The topic heading infers the Catholic Bishops have lied about Obama care. Federal law doesn't ban it entirely. This bill was given the chance to do that and it was rejected. If it was rejected, doesn't that imply that it is a real possibility?

Obama has gone back on his word before.

VaYank5150, you do realize that Obama is dividing this nation more and more? This is in opposition to his stated goal. Eventually you lose enough support that you fail at your job. Many like yourself use Bush as an example of this. Try to learn from it. The list grows of those thrown under the Obama bus. There will be more and very soon you can be sure of that.

The topic heading infers the Catholic Bishops have lied about Obama care. Federal law doesn't ban it entirely. This bill was given the chance to do that and it was rejected. If it was rejected, doesn't that imply that it is a real possibility?

Obama has gone back on his word before.

Do I really have to explain how our Democracy works? IF we had elected a King, Obama would have penned legislation to make all of his desires law. Since we did NOT elect a King, some of his desires have been shot down by those we elected to represent us. You can continue to call Obama a liar if you wish, but please try to understand how your government actually works, first.

Wait a second, are Democrats back on the whole "Molesting kids is bad" thingy?

But if you work for ACORN it's still OK to encourage sex with underage children? Amiright?

Wait a second, are Democrats back on the whole "Molesting kids is bad" thingy?

But if you work for ACORN it's still OK to encourage sex with underage children? Amiright?

And don't forget Roman Polanski. Maybe Obama will pardon him and make him head of health services or something.

New Topics

Forum List

Back