White House to Catholic Bishops: Stop Lying about ObamaCare!

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
In response to the announced Bishops plan to vigorously oppose ObamaCare and its Federally funded abortions, the White House fired back essentially calling the Bishops liars.

FoxNews, Health Insurers and now Catholic Bishops are White House enemies.
------------------------------------
White House Says Catholic Bishops Have Misinterpreted Law Banning Federal Funding of Abortion--And Its Application to Health-Care Bill
Monday, October 12, 2009
By Fred Lucas, Staff Writer

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs (AP Photo)
(CNSNews.com) - One day after the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops vowed to “vigorously” oppose the health care bill under consideration in Congress if it is not amended to explicitly prohibit federal funding of abortions, the White House for the second time in a week said the bishops are wrong to assert that the bill permits funding of abortion.

CNSNews.com - White House Says Catholic Bishops Have Misinterpreted Law Banning Federal Funding of Abortion--And Its Application to Health-Care Bill

Can't wait for Obama to try to shut down the Roman Catholic Church.

That would be a show worth watching.

Yes, it's pure projection: the White House lies about its programs and then turns around and calls those who tell the truth liars.
This is the most mendacious White House we have had probably in history, more so than Nixon's.

In response to the announced Bishops plan to vigorously oppose ObamaCare and its Federally funded abortions, the White House fired back essentially calling the Bishops liars.

White House Says Catholic Bishops Have Misinterpreted Law Banning Federal Funding of Abortion--And Its Application to Health-Care Bill
Monday, October 12, 2009

(CNSNews.com) - One day after the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops vowed to “vigorously” oppose the health care bill under consideration in Congress if it is not amended to explicitly prohibit federal funding of abortions, the White House for the second time in a week said the bishops are wrong to assert that the bill permits funding of abortion.

CNSNews.com - White House Says Catholic Bishops Have Misinterpreted Law Banning Federal Funding of Abortion--And Its Application to Health-Care Bill

How could they? We know that the Catholic Bishops are entirely truthful in all things involving children...their welfare...etc.

Monday, October 12, 2009

What the WH SHOULD have said, was "Please keep your filthy paws off of the little boys in your churches"...

Monday, October 12, 2009

How could they? We know that the Catholic Bishops are entirely truthful in all things involving children...their welfare...etc.

Yet again we see here yet more use of the Alinski 'Rules for Radicals'.... if you can't argue the point, change the point.

Nice try, fail.

Can anyone show me where in the bill it overrides existing laws prohibiting the federal funding of abortions?

When does the blatant fear mongering stop?

Monday, October 12, 2009

Yet again we see here yet more use of the Alinski 'Rules for Radicals'.... if you can't argue the point, change the point.

Nice try, fail.

I am referring to the track record of truthfulness of Catholic Bishops in this country...the topic is about the WH questioning their truthfulness. If you cannot see or refuse to see that it is connected...well, I suppose you have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

Monday, October 12, 2009

Nice try, fail.

I am not trying to change the point, but rather stating that the Bishops have no dog in this race. With all of their own child molestation problems, if ANYTHING, I would think they should be in favor of healthcare reform, but in either case, they need to STFU and keep their noses out of Government policy decisions.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Nice try, fail.

for someone who claims to be a journalist, you toss about a lot of unsubstantiated propaganda.

oh right... this is your place to troll... as opposed to the places you respect for political discussion...

(where I'm sure everyone thinks just like you).

Nice try, fail.

I am referring to the track record of truthfulness of Catholic Bishops in this country...the topic is about the WH questioning their truthfulness. If you cannot see or refuse to see that it is connected...well, I suppose you have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

And I am referring to the truthfulness of the Administration. If you cannot or refuse to see that it is connected... well, I suppose you too have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

LOL. Politicans are as honest as the day is long but all Catholic Bishops are lying bastards. Sorry, I didn't get that memo.

Nice try, fail.

I am not trying to change the point, but rather stating that the Bishops have no dog in this race. With all of their own child molestation problems, if ANYTHING, I would think they should be in favor of healthcare reform, but in either case, they need to STFU and keep their noses out of Government policy decisions.

I didn't say you were trying to change the point. My post didn't quote you. The child molestation problems are nothing to do with the debate. And I find it really rather pathetic that instead of focusing on the issue, people look to use that as an excuse to dismiss the response of the Church.

However, if you paid attention, you would know that the Catholic Church is iin favor of healthcare reform. And, since their parishioners are Americans, this policy affects their parishioners and that makes it the Church's business.

Saying that the Church should STFU and keep out of it is like saying that the public should STUF and keep out of it. No doubt that would be very convenient but it ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Nice try, fail.

And I am referring to the truthfulness of the Administration. If you cannot or refuse to see that it is connected... well, I suppose you too have your reasons to do so. :eusa_whistle:

LOL. Politicans are as honest as the day is long but all Catholic Bishops are lying bastards. Sorry, I didn't get that memo.

For you to side with Catholic bishops over politicians, tells me all I need to know about you. Troll.

Forum List

Back