White House: Texas must remain part of the US

As i have said before, if they want to break away just tell the voters that the Texas Longhorns, AM Aggies would never be able to play for a national championship ever again. And throw in the Dallas Cowboys for good measure. 125,000 signatures, thats childs play. You get that in Austin every other Saturday in the fall.

Hmmm. No just say at the same time..

"Confederate States National championship"! Texas Longhorns strocking out a load will be the order of the day!

Urban centers such as Houston, DFW, Austin etc. could be Democrat enough to carry a few of those new states blue.

I'm aware of that, besides, I doubt they would ever do it in the first place, just thought it was interesting.

Of course they won't do it. What's interesting is those cities in Texas might become Democrat enough to make the whole state blue one day.

You do know, don't you, that Texas was solidly Democrat for more than a century. It only became a Republican stronghold when the GOP co-opted the bigoted Dixiecrat's

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — Bad news for thousands of people who wanted to see Texas secede: The state is still in the U.S.

The White House has responded to a petition asking that Texas be allowed to break away from the country, saying the Founding Fathers who created the nation "did not provide a right to walk away from it."

More than 125,000 people signed the petition, which was created a few days after President Barack Obama won re-election. The White House has promised to respond to any petition that gets more than 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

LINK:White House: Texas must remain part of the US

Wow! 125,000 people signed it?

That means, of course, that about 26,000,000 DIDN'T sign it.

Gee...I wonder why the President didn't say, "Y'all go right ahead?"

I'm aware of that, besides, I doubt they would ever do it in the first place, just thought it was interesting.

Of course they won't do it. What's interesting is those cities in Texas might become Democrat enough to make the whole state blue one day.

You do know, don't you, that Texas was solidly Democrat for more than a century. It only became a Republican stronghold when the GOP co-opted the bigoted Dixiecrat's

qft

The founding Fathers? When the fuck did they start caring what they thought? And im not even sure if that is what they meant or thought

The founding Fathers? When the fuck did they start caring what they thought? And im not even sure if that is what they meant or thought

The founding Fathers? Didn't know Texas existed or was alive! Please..
louisiana-purchase-1803.gif

Last edited:

The founding Fathers? Didn't know Texas existed or was alive! Please..

Founding Fathers who created the nation "did not provide a right to walk away from it."
Didn't know that meant just Texas. Please.. N00b

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — Bad news for thousands of people who wanted to see Texas secede: The state is still in the U.S.

The White House has responded to a petition asking that Texas be allowed to break away from the country, saying the Founding Fathers who created the nation "did not provide a right to walk away from it."

More than 125,000 people signed the petition, which was created a few days after President Barack Obama won re-election. The White House has promised to respond to any petition that gets more than 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

Lincoln would not allow secession in 1860. His would-be clone Barack Obama cannot allow it today.

As well as he shouldn't allow TX or any state or US territory to leave the union. If they do try to suceed from the Union. Obama should send in the armed forces in guns ablazing and not give up one inch of US soil without a fight!

If any of the southern states who say they want to secede actually did, much of their population would rush to move north.

Reason is simple - the north does the work and the south gets the financial benefits. It would be advantageous to the north to get rid of the ignorant and uneducated freeloaders who vote against their own best self interest.

485976_523023731052830_474021679_n.jpg

If any of the southern states who say they want to secede actually did, much of their population would rush to move north.

Reason is simple - the north does the work and the south gets the financial benefits. It would be advantageous to the north to get rid of the ignorant and uneducated freeloaders who vote against their own best self interest.

485976_523023731052830_474021679_n.jpg

New York : I pay for their healthcare and they get gang rapped by some burglars
Texas : Pay for their own shit and would kill the burglars
Plus Texas would whipe them out. FAIL

Despite the continuing myth that the Texas Annexation documentation contains a clause allowing the state to secede whenever it wants, it is exactly that, a myth. However:

A few years ago, while conducting research for a novel I was writing about Lone Star politics, I discovered a short clause in the state's 1845 annexation agreement that's well known to any serious state historian, though far less well known to the average Texan. Buried beneath some highly boring details about how the republic's resources were to be transferred to the federal government in Washington is language stipulating that "[n]ew States, of convenient size, not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas, and having sufficient population, may hereafter, by the consent of said State, be formed out of the territory thereof, which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the federal constitution."

Put plainly, Texas agreed to join the union in 1845 on the condition that it be allowed to split itself into as many as five separate states whenever it wanted to, and contingent only on the approval of its own state legislature. For more than 150 years, this right to divide—unilaterally, which is to say without the approval of the U.S. Congress—has been packed away in the state's legislative attic, like a forgotten family heirloom that only gets dusted off every now and then by some politician who has mistaken it for a beautiful beacon of hope.

In 1930, a few years before he muscled his way into the White House as Franklin Roosevelt's first vice president, House Minority Leader John Nance Garner led a crusade to divide the one state he represented into five, along regional lines. Together with their progenitor, the new states of North Texas, South Texas, East Texas and West Texas would, in Garner's words, "transfer the balance of political power from New England to the South and secure for the Southern States ... prestige and recognition." At a time when Texas was solidly Democratic, the threat of eight new Democratic senators in Washington would also, in his view, have the added benefit of chipping away significantly at the Republican majority's power.

Now Texas is mostly Republican. Imagine eight new republican senators, some of whom would most likely be hard liners.........

Texas secession: How the Lone Star state could mess with the rest of us. - Slate Magazine

They wouldn't all be Republicans. I don't think even Texas could gerrymander itself that good. South Texas is mostly Democratic.

If the US did release Texas, wonder if Mexico would attempt to retake it? Still Texas is probably producing oil and so we better keep it. Maybe when Texas runs out of oil they could talk again?

Nah...they need to let it go.

Despite the continuing myth that the Texas Annexation documentation contains a clause allowing the state to secede whenever it wants, it is exactly that, a myth. However:

A few years ago, while conducting research for a novel I was writing about Lone Star politics, I discovered a short clause in the state's 1845 annexation agreement that's well known to any serious state historian, though far less well known to the average Texan. Buried beneath some highly boring details about how the republic's resources were to be transferred to the federal government in Washington is language stipulating that "[n]ew States, of convenient size, not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas, and having sufficient population, may hereafter, by the consent of said State, be formed out of the territory thereof, which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the federal constitution."

Put plainly, Texas agreed to join the union in 1845 on the condition that it be allowed to split itself into as many as five separate states whenever it wanted to, and contingent only on the approval of its own state legislature. For more than 150 years, this right to divide—unilaterally, which is to say without the approval of the U.S. Congress—has been packed away in the state's legislative attic, like a forgotten family heirloom that only gets dusted off every now and then by some politician who has mistaken it for a beautiful beacon of hope.

In 1930, a few years before he muscled his way into the White House as Franklin Roosevelt's first vice president, House Minority Leader John Nance Garner led a crusade to divide the one state he represented into five, along regional lines. Together with their progenitor, the new states of North Texas, South Texas, East Texas and West Texas would, in Garner's words, "transfer the balance of political power from New England to the South and secure for the Southern States ... prestige and recognition." At a time when Texas was solidly Democratic, the threat of eight new Democratic senators in Washington would also, in his view, have the added benefit of chipping away significantly at the Republican majority's power.

Now Texas is mostly Republican. Imagine eight new republican senators, some of whom would most likely be hard liners.........

Texas secession: How the Lone Star state could mess with the rest of us. - Slate Magazine

They wouldn't all be Republicans. I don't think even Texas could gerrymander itself that good. South Texas is mostly Democratic.

This is true. My statement was hypothetical based on the author's reference to the state being solidly Democrat in the past.

Texas divided into several states is a "in the middle" along the correct course of action to take. I will sign anything to help...Divide and be conquered again "The Confederate States in action" I would keep all the current union paper in order.. Ya' All will need it!

Gazuntite.

Forum List

Back