White House takes on Glenn Beck

Here's MY litmus test. I know individuals who voted FOR and AGAINST Obama solely because he is black. These people, in my "elitist" mind, should not be allowed to vote.
Yes, they should. This is America. People should be allowed to vote for whoever they want, for whatever reason they have. Maybe they like his/her looks better. Maybe they like the way he/she relates better. Maybe they don't really burden themselves with the issues and just go with their gut! It's a personal choice.

Is it that you simply haven't thought this out, or that you're just this deluded?

This is not American Idol. While you may take the job of POTUS lightly. I do not.

Yet you voted for a lightweight... HUH...

I'm sure not one to feel the need to defend Beck, I think he's a fuckin' fruit loop. But he does make me think, and give me incentive to try to find the truth for myself on some issues.

I do however believe that he will address this, and take his lumps for it, more than likely right away on tonights show. That is a whole lot fuckin' more than can be said for most of the people he has been exposing for possible corruption, and asking questions of.

Dude... this response from the WH is little more than what one would expect in a response from Jullian, Chris, Toro, Diur, Ravi or the Pogue... Beck addressed it this morning and went YARD on it.

I'm telling you... that if the WH tries to get into a point for point with Beck... they're going to fair no better than any other Leftist has ever faired in any debate, wherein the medium is the written word.

Thus this response will not continue... as if it does... Beck will just bring their comments to his own forum, stack their responses against demonstrable facts and at some point; the idiots will cross a line; of the legal variety; having made false statements through an official conveyance and such will provide the delicious spectacle of INDICTMENTS! the trial for which will be 20 minutes... given that the evidence is on the written record and a matter of public knowledge.

Don't make the mistake of believing that the Leftists in the WH are any brighter; are any more capable of defending their ideas and actions than any of the idiots common to this and any of hundreds of similar sites...

You don't have to respond. But hell, let's say you DO have to: Go on their shows and do it in person!

Because that's a dumb move. Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, Rush, etc set the ground rules on their show and are masters at rigging those rules in their favor. Best case scenario is that you go on the show, say something intelligent, and end up having your microphone cut off as the host yells over your words. Why bother?

I feel that you shouldn't respond to those guys. If you are forced to respond, then a press release is about all the time you should devote to it.

The Olympics in Vancouver haven't happened yet, but his assertion is going to be pretty accurate when it's all said and done.

Here's an article from the Vancouver Sun that lays out some of their costs on the taxpayer.

Olympics bill tops $6 billion so far

Could it be Beck "misspoke" and he actually meant Montreal and not Vancouver? The original estimated cost of the Montreal Games had been $310 million, but labor problems, financial mismanagement, the addition of an extravagant stadium, and other expenses—plus increased security, clearly needed after the events of Munich—drive the price tag past $1.5 billion.

Or is Obama the only one allowed to misspeak?

White House: Obama 'Misspoke' About Claim of AARP Endorsement - Political News - FOXNews.com
Obama Concedes He Misspoke | 44 | washingtonpost.com
Barack Obama Misspoke - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
Campaign Says Obama Misspoke On Nazi Camp - CBS News
The 46: White House: Obama Misspoke on Industry Health Care Savings

You were right, he said he meant Calgary, and that would make sense, it was about a billion.

If Chicagoans knew that the fed would pay for the Olympics, they'd probably be more behind it, so are they?

washingtonpost.com

..."A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," Daley declared in his final press conference before he left for Copenhagen, where the IOC will hear Friday from President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama before deciding among Chicago, Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo.

Speaking at a party in Denmark, Michelle Obama said she thinks that the Olympics -- and Olympians -- could set an example for children "who can never dream of being that close to such power and opportunity."

And yet, as the Obamas prepare to press the IOC to award the Summer Games to their home town, they are defending a bid that has united Chicago's political and business elite even as many ordinary Chicagoans remain skeptical.

Despite the upbeat pronouncements from the White House and City Hall, fewer than half of Chicago residents in a recent Chicago Tribune/WGN poll said they want the city to host the Olympics. And 75 percent opposed a guarantee -- later approved 49-0 by the City Council -- to cover shortfalls with tax dollars if the Games go over budget.

It tells me that Glenn Beck has the President's ear, and he's afraid of Beck. It will only improve the debate.

It tells me that Glenn Beck has the President's ear, and he's afraid of Beck. It will only improve the debate.

Titanic is dead on here..

Glen Beck is the face of the republican party. His words directly reflect all that is noble and good about the Grand Old Party.

Obama has every right to fear Glenn Beck.....he represents what Obama will facew in 2012

Glen Beck is the face of the republican party. His words directly reflect all that is noble and good about the Grand Old Party.

Obama has every right to fear Glenn Beck.....he represents what Obama will facew in 2012

Ed Schultz is the voice of the Dem Party

No, wait. I thought Rush Limbaugh was the face of the Republican Party? That's what the Left was saying probably 4 weeks ago. Now suddenly it's Beck? How did I miss the vote?

Obama has again confused campaigning with governing. Taking on Beck gives him a legitimacy that I am sure the WH wouldn't want to give. It demeans the presidency to have to respond to a talk show host. And their responses are juvenile in the extreme.
Bush never responded to talk show hosts. Neither did Reagan or Bush Sr. Clinton probably never did either. It isn't presidential to do so. And you would think the WH would have more productive things to do with their time and our money.

You wish and spin. He doesn't and you most obviously know so. On the other hand, is he very good as setting the discussion? Yes, notice the White House response today, in which they said in defense that Valarie Jarrett divested all but one of her real estate holdings, without mentioning the one. Hmm, could it be Habitat? How many millions would that result in, if those slum properties were condemned and turned to Olympics?

Indeed.

No, wait. I thought Rush Limbaugh was the face of the Republican Party? That's what the Left was saying probably 4 weeks ago. Now suddenly it's Beck? How did I miss the vote?

Obama has again confused campaigning with governing. Taking on Beck gives him a legitimacy that I am sure the WH wouldn't want to give. It demeans the presidency to have to respond to a talk show host. And their responses are juvenile in the extreme.
Bush never responded to talk show hosts. Neither did Reagan or Bush Sr. Clinton probably never did either. It isn't presidential to do so. And you would think the WH would have more productive things to do with their time and our money.

I like Glenn Beck

His thoughtful, well researched talking points reflect the best the republican party has to offer. Rush Limbaugh used to call the shots. But Beck has pushed him aside in representing the main body of the republican party.

We have the voice of our party in the office of the most powerful office in the Free World.

Proving to you once again: Elections have consequences.

Maybe if you guys hadn't fucked up so badly...

I like Glenn Beck

His thoughtful, well researched talking points reflect the best the republican party has to offer. Rush Limbaugh used to call the shots. But Beck has pushed him aside in representing the main body of the republican party.
Bo-Ya!

Democrats LOVE Glenn Beck

They get to point to him and say..........That is the republican party!

It's the same stupidity and dishonesty over and over. The non-thinkers are so obvious. Just more shit. Anyone can shit. It's nothing special at all.

It just amazes me to hear that everybody thinks Glenn Beck is such an idiot that he shouldn't be taken seriously and even more so that he has the attention of the White House! If he's such a "non-player" why is he so much talked about? It's obvious that the White House doesn't want to answer the tough questions Beck has tossed their way. Instead of truthful answers, they choose to belittle the questioner. That's not a surprise. It's the liberal Democrat's way of doing business. If nobody is afraid of Glenn Beck then why not answer his questions and be done with it? What's trying to be hidden? Why is the White House so afraid of Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Limbuagh? Could it be they are getting nervious because of the questions they are asking?

New Topics

Forum List

Back