White House slams Republican offshore drilling bill

YEP...and she had FAMILY Matters to attend to...so she quit...so what? She HAD to. ;)

All my original quote that got you all bent out of shape said was "She's a quitter". Glad you agree with me. :clap2:

she RESIGNED, just like a lot of politicians do. As for what she did for the state of Alaska, which by the way wouldn't concern anyone unless they lived there, but all you have to do is a little research. You might learn something about her instead of just parroting the standard lefty lines of, she's a quitter.

-Just because other people do it, doesn't make it right.

-If your whole argument relies on the word "resign" and not the word "quit"-you're just playing semantics, and it's one of the weakest arguments I've heard you use.

-As I've noted several times before I'm no "lefty"-I've voted for MANY MANY more Republicans than I have Democrats.

All my original quote that got you all bent out of shape said was "She's a quitter". Glad you agree with me. :clap2:

she RESIGNED, just like a lot of politicians do. As for what she did for the state of Alaska, which by the way wouldn't concern anyone unless they lived there, but all you have to do is a little research. You might learn something about her instead of just parroting the standard lefty lines of, she's a quitter.

-If your whole argument relies on the word "resign" and not the word "quit"-you're just playing semantics, and it's one of the weakest arguments I've heard you use.

-As I've noted several times before I'm no "lefty"-I've voted for MANY MANY more Republicans than I have Democrats.

what is not RIGHT about resigning? Look at Bill Clinton, he was impeached and should of resigned for the good of the people and the country, did he? So calling Palin a quitter is rather childish, don't ya think?
She gave her reasons for resigning and the people in ALASKA accepted it. Like I said, if you did some research on her you might learn more than what is printed in a biased newspaper or some message board.
by the way, she was my governor.

what is not RIGHT about resigning? Look at Bill Clinton, he was impeached and should of resigned for the good of the people and the country, did he? So calling Palin a quitter is rather childish, don't ya think?
She gave her reasons for resigning and the people in ALASKA accepted it. Like I said, if you did some research on her you might learn more than what is printed in a biased newspaper or some message board.

Well I think Palin and Clinton were two different issues. Clinton committed a crime, and was caught-Palin wasn't. You really can't compare these two situations. Palin didn't have any scandals, which is what almost every politician who resigns is the reason why.

And it's not childish-I think when you run for office, you should serve your term until it's over. I think the people vote for you to represent them for your entire term (and yes this applies to senators who become president mid-term aka-Obama). I view becoming a public servant who's elected it as almost a contract-you get this very good job-to represent your constituents.

Childish is expecting to be the governor of a state, and a US VP nominee of a major political party-and expecting people not to take shots at you, or your family. Right, wrong, or indifferent-it's incredibly foolish for anyone to take these positions and not expect the other side to slam you every chance they get. That's the name of American politics.

You can call it resigning, but I call it quitting.

also: I thought you were somebody else who I had a discussion with on these boards a few months ago. Just looked it up, and it was a different user. I can admit when I'm wrong-and I was wrong to imply that you were from my state.

Well I think Palin and Clinton were two different issues. Clinton committed a crime, and was caught-Palin wasn't. You really can't compare these two situations. Palin didn't have any scandals, which is what almost every politician who resigns is the reason why.

And it's not childish-I think when you run for office, you should serve your term until it's over. I think the people vote for you to represent them for your entire term (and yes this applies to senators who become president mid-term aka-Obama). I view becoming a public servant who's elected it as almost a contract-you get this very good job-to represent your constituents.

Childish is expecting to be the governor of a state, and a US VP nominee of a major political party-and expecting people not to take shots at you, or your family. Right, wrong, or indifferent-it's incredibly foolish for anyone to take these positions and not expect the other side to slam you every chance they get. That's the name of American politics.

also: I thought you were somebody else who I had a discussion with on these boards a few months ago. Just looked it up, and it was a different user. I can admit when I'm wrong-and I was wrong to imply that you were from my state.

So now a politician needs to have a scandal or a crime to resign? they can't HAVE other reasons. It wasn't only because "people were taking pot shots at her", It was was taking her away from the job and costing the people of Alaska to defend 19 frivolous lawsuits brought against her in just the short time she was governor. If you'd read what she said you'd see she talked about that. Here is a little of her resignation speech, and as you will see she say's fifteen lawsuits but as of today it has reached nineteen.

--------------

“…Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months I’ve been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations – such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters’ questions.

Every one – all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We’ve won! But it hasn’t been cheap – the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to “opposition research” – that’s money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers – or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the “politics of personal destruction” … Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn’t cost them a dime so they’re not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples’ money in their game. It’s pretty insane – my staff and I spend most of our day dealing with THIS instead of progressing our state now. I know I promised no more “politics as usual,” but THIS isn’t what anyone had in mind for ALASKA.

If I have learned one thing: LIFE is about choices!

And one chooses how to react to circumstances. You can choose to engage in things that tear down, or build up. I choose to work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity. I choose NOT to tear down and waste precious time; but to build UP this state and our country, and her industrious, generous, patriotic, free people!

Life is too short to compromise time and resources… it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: “Sit down and shut up”, but that’s the worthless, easy path; that’s a quitter’s way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and “go with the flow”.

Nah, only dead fish “go with the flow”.

I WILL support others who seek to serve, in or out of office, for the RIGHT reasons, and I don’t care what party they’re in or no party at all. Inside Alaska – or Outside Alaska.

But I won’t do it from the Governor’s desk.

I’ve never believed that I, nor anyone else, needs a title to do this – to make a difference… to HELP people. So I choose, for my State and my family, more “freedom” to progress, all the way around… so that Alaska may progress… I will not seek re-election as Governor.

And so as I thought about this announcement that I wouldn’t run for re-election and what it means for Alaska, I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks… travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade – as so many politicians do. And then I thought – that’s what’s wrong – many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and “milk it”. I’m not putting Alaska through that – I promised efficiencies and effectiveness! ? That’s not how I am wired. I am not wired to operate under the same old “politics as usual.” I promised that four years ago – and I meant it.

It’s not what is best for Alaska.

I am determined to take the right path for Alaska even though it is unconventional and not so comfortable.

With this announcement that I am not seeking re-election… I’ve determined it’s best to transfer the authority of governor to Lieutenant Governor Parnell; and I am willing to do so, so that this administration – with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future – can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.

My choice is to take a stand and effect change – not hit our heads against the wall and watch valuable state time and money, millions of your dollars, go down the drain in this new environment. Rather, we know we can effect positive change outside government at this moment in time, on another scale, and actually make a difference for our priorities – and so we will, for Alaskans and for Americans.”

So now a politician needs to have a scandal or a crime to resign? they can't HAVE other reasons. It wasn't only because "people were taking pot shots at her", It was was taking her away from the job and costing the people of Alaska to defend 19 frivolous lawsuits brought against her in just the short time she was governor. If you'd read what she said you'd see she talked about that. Here is a little of her resignation speech, and as you will see she say's fifteen lawsuits but as of today it has reached nineteen.

--------------

“…Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months I’ve been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations – such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters’ questions.

Every one – all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We’ve won! But it hasn’t been cheap – the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to “opposition research” – that’s money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers – or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the “politics of personal destruction” … Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn’t cost them a dime so they’re not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples’ money in their game. It’s pretty insane – my staff and I spend most of our day dealing with THIS instead of progressing our state now. I know I promised no more “politics as usual,” but THIS isn’t what anyone had in mind for ALASKA.

And one chooses how to react to circumstances. You can choose to engage in things that tear down, or build up. I choose to work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity. I choose NOT to tear down and waste precious time; but to build UP this state and our country, and her industrious, generous, patriotic, free people!

Life is too short to compromise time and resources… it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: “Sit down and shut up”, but that’s the worthless, easy path; that’s a quitter’s way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and “go with the flow”.

I WILL support others who seek to serve, in or out of office, for the RIGHT reasons, and I don’t care what party they’re in or no party at all. Inside Alaska – or Outside Alaska.

I’ve never believed that I, nor anyone else, needs a title to do this – to make a difference… to HELP people. So I choose, for my State and my family, more “freedom” to progress, all the way around… so that Alaska may progress… I will not seek re-election as Governor.

And so as I thought about this announcement that I wouldn’t run for re-election and what it means for Alaska, I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks… travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade – as so many politicians do. And then I thought – that’s what’s wrong – many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and “milk it”.I’m not putting Alaska through that – I promised efficiencies and effectiveness! ? That’s not how I am wired. I am not wired to operate under the same old “politics as usual.” I promised that four years ago – and I meant it.

I am determined to take the right path for Alaska even though it is unconventional and not so comfortable.

With this announcement that I am not seeking re-election… I’ve determined it’s best to transfer the authority of governor to Lieutenant Governor Parnell; and I am willing to do so, so that this administration – with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future – can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.

My choice is to take a stand and effect change – not hit our heads against the wall and watch valuable state time and money, millions of your dollars, go down the drain in this new environment. Rather, we know we can effect positive change outside government at this moment in time, on another scale, and actually make a difference for our priorities – and so we will, for Alaskans and for Americans.”

I never said they couldn't have other reasons. Regardless of the reasons though they are ultimately stepping down from a position that the people have voted them to hold. In my books-that's quitting. I'm not going to defend the lawsuits against her-I will admit I don't know much about them, and they probably are pretty silly-but that's still a poor excuse.

My issue is with the sections I highlighted: she says she doesn't want to go with the flow. Doesn't want to be a lame duck governor-and I obviously wouldn't bash her for that. But, she was the governor. In the state government of Alaska the buck stopped with her. She could have changed (or at least attempted, or continue to attempt) the political climate of Alaska. That's why I call her a quitter.

According to your logic since the EPA answers directly to the POTUS then Obama is responsible, is that correct?

You ever hear the phrase, "The buck stops here"? Presidents used to believe that, or at least pretend they did. The President of the United States sets policy for the entire Executive Branch, which includes the EPA. That means he doesn't get to stand back and say, "That's their fault. I had nothing to do with that. That's someone else's responsibility." Ultimately, it's ALL his responsibility.

So if the buck stops with Obamawith regards to the EPA (which I agree with), then the same can be said about the military. However "The T" doesn't give Obama any credit with getting Bin Laden. In fact he downplayed it, and said Obama had nothing (or next to nothing) to do with it. However we can both agree the military ultimately falls under the executive branch-and Obama is the commander and chief of the military, this cannot be disputed. So if you want to make him responsible for the EPA fine-but he's also responsible for the military's success in getting Bin Laden as well-you can't have it both ways. You can't say success of organizations under Obama isn't his responsibility-but his failures are.

I don't recall it being my turn to watch "T", so I feel no obligation whatsoever to answer for what he does or doesn't do. Therefore, that makes it irrelevant in a post allegedly made in response to ME.

If you'd like to find me somewhere where I have EVER indicated that the President is not responsible for policy made and carried out under his administration, then I will be happy to address THAT. If you want to take exception to something "T" says, you'll have to take that up with him.

As for Palin, the left went after her and her family? Find me two liberal politicians who went after her family. Not the media-because the media goes after Democrat families as well (I will admit that Obama really has gotten a pass on this however). When you take public office you take shots, and your family does too (not that that's right), it's just a part of what happens. Palin knew, or should have known this going in. The GOP has taken shots at Democrat's families before, and that's not right either.

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding. "Find me two politicians who attacked her; otherwise, no one was bothering her at all, and she had no reason to resign."

Shut the fuck up, you disingenuous toe rag. If I had a smiley for spitting on someone, I'd be using it right now.

If you can't take the heat of mudslinging-and let's face it Palin's heat was NOTHING compared to Obama's (being called a terrorist is worse than anything said about Palin). If you can't take the heat-don't go into the kitchen in the first place. Don't take the job of governor, and then the US VP nominee and expect nobody to take shots at you-fair or not. It happens to TONS of politicians left or right.

There's a big difference between "the heat of being in the kitchen", presumably referring to normal scrutiny attached to being a politician, and the bullshit that Palin and her family were - and are - put through, however much shitstains like you want to pretend that nothing out of the ordinary happened.

You may now consider yourself scraped off my shoe and ignored, as befits anyone so utterly, putridly, and shamelessly dishonest.

I repeat: leftist policies are based on an assumption that enough government intervention can make life completely safe and prevent anything bad from happening.

Is that why so many libs argue that government bans on drugs don't work?

I repeat: leftist policies are based on an assumption that enough government intervention can make life completely safe and prevent anything bad from happening.

Is that why so many libs argue that government bans on drugs don't work?

Name one Democrat that voted to legalize Marijuana.

To an extent, that's exactly why liberals denigrate drug laws . . . and laws against abortion, and laws against a number of other things: because they believe that laws can and should utterly eradicate the behaviors they're aimed at, and if they don't, they're failures.

Of course, they also denigrate those laws because they're aimed at decreasing activities that liberals really like and want to promote, but that's a different discussion.

--------------

And so as I thought about this announcement that I wouldn’t run for re-election and what it means for Alaska, I thought about how much fun some governors have as lame ducks… travel around the state, to the Lower 48 (maybe), overseas on international trade – as so many politicians do. And then I thought – that’s what’s wrong – many just accept that lame duck status, hit the road, draw the paycheck, and “milk it”.I’m not putting Alaska through that – I promised efficiencies and effectiveness! ? That’s not how I am wired. I am not wired to operate under the same old “politics as usual.” I promised that four years ago – and I meant it.

I never said they couldn't have other reasons. Regardless of the reasons though they are ultimately stepping down from a position that the people have voted them to hold. In my books-that's quitting. I'm not going to defend the lawsuits against her-I will admit I don't know much about them, and they probably are pretty silly-but that's still a poor excuse.

My issue is with the sections I highlighted: she says she doesn't want to go with the flow. Doesn't want to be a lame duck governor-and I obviously wouldn't bash her for that. But, she was the governor. In the state government of Alaska the buck stopped with her. She could have changed (or at least attempted, or continue to attempt) the political climate of Alaska. That's why I call her a quitter.

yeah right, so because she resigned for the good of Alaska and the people in it that makes her a quitter. whatever. that is the problem today with these "career" politicians. Like Bill Clinton, charged with crimes, censured etc etc and STILL refuse to step down for the good of the people and the states they represent. And it happens in Both parties. If we the people would hold them more RESPONSIBLE OR they had good sense of stepping down, instead of feeling ENTITLED to their positions, we wouldn't have some the corrupted men and women running our country and passing shit laws upon us. But it's more important to some to call people, QUITTERS.

Last edited:

--------------

yeah right, so because she resigned for the good of Alaska and the people in it that makes her a quitter. whatever. that is the problem today with these "career" politicians. Like Bill Clinton, charged with crimes, censured etc etc and STILL refuse to step down for the good of the people and the states they represent. And it happens in Both parties. If we the people would hold them more RESPONSIBLE OR they had good sense of stepping down, instead of feeling ENTITLED to their positions, we wouldn't have some the corrupted men and women running our country and passing shit laws upon us. But it's more important to some to call people, QUITTERS.

Now I never said I approved of career politicians. You will not find ONE post I've made on USMB that says that, or even implies it. I happen to think people in congress should have 2 term limits just like the president. I also never said Democrats don't quit-find me one post I've made on USMB that states otherwise. You're attempting to paint me as something I'm not.

And her "stepped down for the greater good of Alaska" is bullshit. If her leaving the most powerful position in Alaska politics is good for the state-why did she run in the first place?

You ever hear the phrase, "The buck stops here"? Presidents used to believe that, or at least pretend they did. The President of the United States sets policy for the entire Executive Branch, which includes the EPA. That means he doesn't get to stand back and say, "That's their fault. I had nothing to do with that. That's someone else's responsibility." Ultimately, it's ALL his responsibility.

So if the buck stops with Obamawith regards to the EPA (which I agree with), then the same can be said about the military. However "The T" doesn't give Obama any credit with getting Bin Laden. In fact he downplayed it, and said Obama had nothing (or next to nothing) to do with it. However we can both agree the military ultimately falls under the executive branch-and Obama is the commander and chief of the military, this cannot be disputed. So if you want to make him responsible for the EPA fine-but he's also responsible for the military's success in getting Bin Laden as well-you can't have it both ways. You can't say success of organizations under Obama isn't his responsibility-but his failures are.

I don't recall it being my turn to watch "T", so I feel no obligation whatsoever to answer for what he does or doesn't do. Therefore, that makes it irrelevant in a post allegedly made in response to ME.

If you'd like to find me somewhere where I have EVER indicated that the President is not responsible for policy made and carried out under his administration, then I will be happy to address THAT. If you want to take exception to something "T" says, you'll have to take that up with him.

As for Palin, the left went after her and her family? Find me two liberal politicians who went after her family. Not the media-because the media goes after Democrat families as well (I will admit that Obama really has gotten a pass on this however). When you take public office you take shots, and your family does too (not that that's right), it's just a part of what happens. Palin knew, or should have known this going in. The GOP has taken shots at Democrat's families before, and that's not right either.

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding. "Find me two politicians who attacked her; otherwise, no one was bothering her at all, and she had no reason to resign."

Shut the fuck up, you disingenuous toe rag. If I had a smiley for spitting on someone, I'd be using it right now.

If you can't take the heat of mudslinging-and let's face it Palin's heat was NOTHING compared to Obama's (being called a terrorist is worse than anything said about Palin). If you can't take the heat-don't go into the kitchen in the first place. Don't take the job of governor, and then the US VP nominee and expect nobody to take shots at you-fair or not. It happens to TONS of politicians left or right.

There's a big difference between "the heat of being in the kitchen", presumably referring to normal scrutiny attached to being a politician, and the bullshit that Palin and her family were - and are - put through, however much shitstains like you want to pretend that nothing out of the ordinary happened.

You may now consider yourself scraped off my shoe and ignored, as befits anyone so utterly, putridly, and shamelessly dishonest.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I love how she intervenes in mine and "T"s, and discussion, and weighs in on both of our opinions, and backs him up-then gets upset when I mention a statement from T to her haha.

Thanks for being the first person to ignore me! I consider it a compliment, and have no clue what to took so long! :lol:

Now I never said I approved of career politicians. You will not find ONE post I've made on USMB that says that, or even implies it. I happen to think people in congress should have 2 term limits just like the president. I also never said Democrats don't quit-find me one post I've made on USMB that states otherwise. You're attempting to paint me as something I'm not.

And her "stepped down for the greater good of Alaska" is bullshit. If her leaving the most powerful position in Alaska politics is good for the state-why did she run in the first place?

You're hopeless, talking to you about Palin is a waste of breath. She gave her reasons for resigning, the people of Alaska accepted it, it doesn't matter what the rest of you make up, call her a quitter or attack her children.

It's not like you would vote for her anyway.

With both parties revving up for elections in 2012, Republicans argued that increasing exploration would help lower gasoline prices, even though it would take years to find and develop new offshore oil.
Correct – the WH was right to ‘slam’ the bill; it’s about politics, not addressing the nation’s energy policy. And even when new oil sources reach the market, it won’t have an effect on prices, price is determined by the global oil market.

The legislation has little chance of making it into law. The measure needs to be voted on by the Democratic-controlled Senate, where it faces strong opposition.

More pointless right-wing legislative masturbation in the House.
The WH hasn't been right about anything under the bafoon in office now. It is about OUR oil for OUR country. Obamaturd would rather spend OUR money in Brazil and the mideast.

Palin is the ultimate victim. She quit for one reason and one reason only...money. She liked the lime light and knew that, if she had stayed in AK as governor, the world would forget her. She quit to keep her brand fresh. She's a hotter, dumber Gingrich.

so because she resigned for the good of Alaska and the people in it that makes her a quitter.

Yes, she’s a quitter – that’s a fact beyond dispute.

And that she quit ‘for the good of Alaska and the people’ would indicate she should never been governor to begin with.

It was a selfish, arrogant act – she betrayed the people who voted for her and the state of Alaska.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe" -- Steve Chu, Obama's Energy Secretary

Palin will demolish Obama in a debate on Energy Policy

Is that debate going to be on Twitter? 'Cause it ain't gonna happen on a stage.
Too bad because even Ms Palin is better and more intelligent than any dimwit, especially obamaturd.

so because she resigned for the good of Alaska and the people in it that makes her a quitter.

Yes, she’s a quitter – that’s a fact beyond dispute.

And that she quit ‘for the good of Alaska and the people’ would indicate she should never been governor to begin with.

It was a selfish, arrogant act – she betrayed the people who voted for her and the state of Alaska.
You libs attack her because you are all scared of her because she is a true American unlike the socialists we have in office now. The dimwits are so out of touch with America it is pitiful.

Forum List

Back