White House slams Republican offshore drilling bill

Except you're making the assumption that being against offshore drilling is being for higher gas prices. That's a poor assumption to make. That's like a moron saying that someone who is against gun control is for children to be killed by guns.

Furthermore, Mr. Chu's position is not the position that President Obama holds.

From December 2008:

Obama Energy Pick Backs Higher Gas Tax - The Note

The only one who claims Obama doesn't favor higher gasoline prices is the reporter, Ted Davis Roberts. Nowhere does he quote Obama saying he is opposed to higher gasoline prices. Furthermore, Obama and his energy secretary have both said they support higher gasoline prices. The accusation isn't based solely on his policy of denying all permits to drill offshore.

Obama has said he supports higher prices for gasoline, and he is pursuing a policy that will produce the desired results. It's virtually impossible for anyone who isn't suffering from brain damage to believe he doesn't want higher gas prices.

President Obama also had nothing to do with Shell's permit revoked.

Offshore Drilling - Shell Oil Offshore Drilling in Alaska - Shell Suspends Plans to Drill Offshore in Alaskan Arctic

In fact, the so-called "evil" EPA had granted the permits in the first place.

So on all three major points you made in your post, you were dead wrong on all three. Batting a nice .000 so far.

Want to keep going?

The Environmental Appeal Board is an arm of the EPA. So the EPA ruled against itself. The claim that Obama isn't responsible for what the EPA does simply doesn't pass the laugh test. Obama could can everyone on the so-called Environmental Appeal Board tomorrow if he wanted to.

Liberal gullibility truly is astounding!

Seeing as though the EPA answers directly to the POTUS...

According to your logic since the EPA answers directly to the POTUS then Obama is responsible, is that correct?

Can't. Hers were personal. If you wanna really KNOW...EMAIL her and ASK her.

You want me to SEARCH for you her E-Mail addy as a typical LIB would expect...or will you MAN UP and do it yourself?

-I'm not a lib. I've only voted for 1 democrat in my entire life-so nice try.
-If you have to resort to personal attacks to make your point-it says more about yours than it does mine. If you want people to take you seriously, act like a mature, and reasonable adult.

AND here's part of her quote when she resigned:

"As I thought about this announcement that I would not seek reelection, I thought about how much fun other governors have as lame ducks: They maybe travel around their state, travel to other states, maybe take their overseas international trade missions," she said.

"I'm not going to put Alaskans through that," she continued. "I promised efficiencies and effectiveness. That's not how I'm wired. I'm not wired to operate under the same old politics as usual."

Sarah Palin to Resign as Alaska Governor, Citing Probes and Family Needs - washingtonpost.com

So she's saying she doesn't want to be a lame duck, and that she promised efficiencies and effectiveness. So instead of trying to uphold the responsibilities she assumed when she ran for office, and the people of Alaska voted her in to do-she quit.

Once again I ask, name me ONE position/job in Alaska to make a difference for the people of the state than governor.

FROM YOUR OWN LINK:

Gov. Palin Says She Will Quit, Citing Probes, Family Needs

/Discussion.

You obviously didn't even bother to read the rest of the page. That was just part of her reason-read her statements. The source is a conservative leaning source (which is why I used it in the first place), so of course their headlines will say that. Doesn't mean those are her only reasons.

Just because his policies are ludicrous doesn't make them not his policies. I believe that IS the point of contention we have with him.

Honestly, I don't give a good goddamn WHAT he thinks the brilliant motivation behind looking for higher gas prices is. It is undeniable - by anyone who's not a lying partisan hack - that he HAS said it.

Just because you may disagree with him ideologically doesn't give you a free pass to make stupid statements like "Obama wants higher gas prices." In no shape or form does President Obama benefit from higher gas prices. This is the same sort of idiotic rhetoric like "President Bush wants more troops to die."

You're going to have to provide evidence that he wants higher gas prices.

Barack Obama: I think that… we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn’t had an energy policy. And as a consequence we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are.

CNBC’s John Harwood: So could the (high) oil prices help us?

Barack Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money in their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more rapidly, particularly U.S. automakers…

In other words, he doesn't object to high oil prices, just having them get higher so quickly. He doesn't want to lower oil prices, he wants to help people adjust to having them high.

Just because his policies are ludicrous doesn't make them not his policies. I believe that IS the point of contention we have with him.

Honestly, I don't give a good goddamn WHAT he thinks the brilliant motivation behind looking for higher gas prices is. It is undeniable - by anyone who's not a lying partisan hack - that he HAS said it.

Just because you may disagree with him ideologically doesn't give you a free pass to make stupid statements like "Obama wants higher gas prices." In no shape or form does President Obama benefit from higher gas prices. This is the same sort of idiotic rhetoric like "President Bush wants more troops to die."

You're going to have to provide evidence that he wants higher gas prices.

Barack Obama: I think that… we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn’t had an energy policy. And as a consequence we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are.

CNBC’s John Harwood: So could the (high) oil prices help us?

Barack Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money in their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more rapidly, particularly U.S. automakers…

In other words, he doesn't object to high oil prices, just having them get higher so quickly. He doesn't want to lower oil prices, he wants to help people adjust to having them high.

So he can empower the EPA to enact the False AGW agenda...

-If you have to resort to personal attacks to make your point-it says more about yours than it does mine. If you want people to take you seriously, act like a mature, and reasonable adult.

"As I thought about this announcement that I would not seek reelection, I thought about how much fun other governors have as lame ducks: They maybe travel around their state, travel to other states, maybe take their overseas international trade missions," she said.

"I'm not going to put Alaskans through that," she continued. "I promised efficiencies and effectiveness. That's not how I'm wired. I'm not wired to operate under the same old politics as usual."

Sarah Palin to Resign as Alaska Governor, Citing Probes and Family Needs - washingtonpost.com

So she's saying she doesn't want to be a lame duck, and that she promised efficiencies and effectiveness. So instead of trying to uphold the responsibilities she assumed when she ran for office, and the people of Alaska voted her in to do-she quit.

Once again I ask, name me ONE position/job in Alaska to make a difference for the people of the state than governor.

FROM YOUR OWN LINK:

/Discussion.

You obviously didn't even bother to read the rest of the page. That was just part of her reason-read her statements. The source is a conservative leaning source (which is why I used it in the first place), so of course their headlines will say that. Doesn't mean those are her only reasons.

I read it and chose what to comment upon...sorry if it isn't your cup of tea...Life sucks at times...doesn't it?

FROM YOUR OWN LINK:

/Discussion.

I read it and chose what to comment upon...sorry if it isn't your cup of tea...Life sucks at times...doesn't it?

I couldn't really care less how you personally read into it-it doesn't change the facts, or what she said when she resigned.

And you're also dodging my question with regards to the EPA (and I think you see where I'm going with this). Is your opinion that Obama's responsible because the EPA directly reports to Obama?

I couldn't really care less how you personally read into it-it doesn't change the facts, or what she said when she resigned.

And you're also dodging my question with regards to the EPA (and I think you see where I'm going with this). Is your opinion that Obama's responsible because the EPA directly reports to Obama?

NOT dodging a thing. Learn to read. *I* answered YOU...just NOT what *YOU* wanted.

Yeah, honey. You're so damned complex, and I have short-term amnesia, so I have no idea what your worldview might entail or what ideals and policies you espouse. You keep telling yourself that. :cuckoo:

I'm sure you think "nothing is added to the conversation" by pointing out how utterly unrealistic the basis of liberalism is, because that precludes you from demanding that your bullshit be treated like sensible, rational behavior, instead of the childish insanity that it so often is.

I'm equally sure that you somehow think "espousing my ideology" is both different from what everyone else does, and somehow worthless simply because it's not an ideology that you like. However, by rejecting an opinion simply because it IS an opinion - and not one you like - you are merely espousing YOUR ideology. And as you just told us, that adds nothing to the conversation. :eusa_angel:

I repeat: leftist policies are based on an assumption that enough government intervention can make life completely safe and prevent anything bad from happening. Agree or disagree, but don't try to pretend that discussing the worldview underlying the behavior is somehow an invalid topic.

Actually, I think the posts that you and Rdean make are both equally worthless. So no worries that I don't like you because of your ideology. :thup:

I also never said your ideology was worthless however. I merely pointed out that your posts were adding nothing to the conversation. Never mind the fact that you're ignorant about the terminology you're using. What you seem to be referring to is Social Liberalism. There is also Classical Liberalism, which is what the majority of "Conservatives" in the United States fall under. To say that Liberalism is "utterly unrealistic" undermines your own argument.

So if you're going to try and "educate" others about why a certain ideology is wrong or right, you might actually want to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Oh, good. Hairsplitting semantic games. Glad to see you're gifting us with an example of what "adding to the conversation" is.

If you want to pretend that everything happens in a vacuum - other than the one between Obama's Dumbo ears, that is - and cannot be discussed in terms of the larger worldview it indicates, that's your prerogative. But please don't waste any more of my time or anyone else's trying to demand that we be as deliberately myopic as you are.

In short, if you don't like my field of discussion, just don't discuss it. It's not like I'm going to be heartbroken not to have your crap "contributed" to the conversation.

We're done here. I'm going to continue discussing the fact that leftists expect the government to negate Murphy's Law and I'm NOT going to discuss whether or not YOU want to discuss it.

Obama thinks he can blame it on those sinister oil corporations. he's been blaming all his fiascoes on Bush for the past 2 1/2 years. What makes you think he's going to accept the blame for high gas prices?

You can read President Obama's mind? What a useful trick that must be! Though I'm sure you can provide me with evidence that President Obama wants high gas prices.

He has banned offshore drilling. He said he approved of higher gas prices, but he "would have preferred a gradual adjustment."

Seven Chu, Obama's energy secretary said the following in 2008:

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe"

Obama yanked Shell Oil's permit to drill the arctic ocean after they invested $2 billion.

If a president didn't want higher gas prices, he would do exactly the opposite of what Obama and his drones have been doing.

Could be we're supposed to believe he's just too stupid to see where all that will lead. I'm stumped as to how that would be a better thing, though.

Yeah, honey. You're so damned complex, and I have short-term amnesia, so I have no idea what your worldview might entail or what ideals and policies you espouse. You keep telling yourself that. :cuckoo:

I'm sure you think "nothing is added to the conversation" by pointing out how utterly unrealistic the basis of liberalism is, because that precludes you from demanding that your bullshit be treated like sensible, rational behavior, instead of the childish insanity that it so often is.

I'm equally sure that you somehow think "espousing my ideology" is both different from what everyone else does, and somehow worthless simply because it's not an ideology that you like. However, by rejecting an opinion simply because it IS an opinion - and not one you like - you are merely espousing YOUR ideology. And as you just told us, that adds nothing to the conversation. :eusa_angel:

I repeat: leftist policies are based on an assumption that enough government intervention can make life completely safe and prevent anything bad from happening. Agree or disagree, but don't try to pretend that discussing the worldview underlying the behavior is somehow an invalid topic.

Actually, I think the posts that you and Rdean make are both equally worthless. So no worries that I don't like you because of your ideology. :thup:

I also never said your ideology was worthless however. I merely pointed out that your posts were adding nothing to the conversation. Never mind the fact that you're ignorant about the terminology you're using. What you seem to be referring to is Social Liberalism. There is also Classical Liberalism, which is what the majority of "Conservatives" in the United States fall under. To say that Liberalism is "utterly unrealistic" undermines your own argument.

So if you're going to try and "educate" others about why a certain ideology is wrong or right, you might actually want to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Oh, good. Hairsplitting semantic games. Glad to see you're gifting us with an example of what "adding to the conversation" is.

If you want to pretend that everything happens in a vacuum - other than the one between Obama's Dumbo ears, that is - and cannot be discussed in terms of the larger worldview it indicates, that's your prerogative. But please don't waste any more of my time or anyone else's trying to demand that we be as deliberately myopic as you are.

In short, if you don't like my field of discussion, just don't discuss it. It's not like I'm going to be heartbroken not to have your crap "contributed" to the conversation.

We're done here. I'm going to continue discussing the fact that leftists expect the government to negate Murphy's Law and I'm NOT going to discuss whether or not YOU want to discuss it.

And ClodBert won't dicuss it because he's Uneducated, WET behind the ears...and is sorely lacking in alot of areas execept kneejerk 101...

She's a quitter.

...he says as he totally IGNORES why she left her Governorship...

*Morons Abound*...and that would include you.

What was her reason? Alaska being too corrupt right? Name me one better position/job in the whole entire state of Alaska where one could make changes to the political climate than the governor. Name ONE.

Alaska being too corrupt? Cripes, whose asshole did you pull THAT out of? She resigned because the left was forcing her and the state to spend so much time responding to their bullshit mudslinging that she didn't think it was fair to the state of Alaska.

What was her reason? Alaska being too corrupt right? Name me one better position/job in the whole entire state of Alaska where one could make changes to the political climate than the governor. Name ONE.

Can't. Hers were personal. If you wanna really KNOW...EMAIL her and ASK her.

You want me to SEARCH for you her E-Mail addy as a typical LIB would expect...or will you MAN UP and do it yourself?

Wow. Reading comprehension REALLY isn't your strong suit.

...he says as he totally IGNORES why she left her Governorship...

*Morons Abound*...and that would include you.

Alaska being too corrupt? Cripes, whose asshole did you pull THAT out of? She resigned because the left was forcing her and the state to spend so much time responding to their bullshit mudslinging that she didn't think it was fair to the state of Alaska.

YEP...and she had FAMILY Matters to attend to...so she quit...so what? She HAD to. ;)

The only one who claims Obama doesn't favor higher gasoline prices is the reporter, Ted Davis Roberts. Nowhere does he quote Obama saying he is opposed to higher gasoline prices. Furthermore, Obama and his energy secretary have both said they support higher gasoline prices. The accusation isn't based solely on his policy of denying all permits to drill offshore.

Obama has said he supports higher prices for gasoline, and he is pursuing a policy that will produce the desired results. It's virtually impossible for anyone who isn't suffering from brain damage to believe he doesn't want higher gas prices.

The Environmental Appeal Board is an arm of the EPA. So the EPA ruled against itself. The claim that Obama isn't responsible for what the EPA does simply doesn't pass the laugh test. Obama could can everyone on the so-called Environmental Appeal Board tomorrow if he wanted to.

Liberal gullibility truly is astounding!

According to your logic since the EPA answers directly to the POTUS then Obama is responsible, is that correct?

You ever hear the phrase, "The buck stops here"? Presidents used to believe that, or at least pretend they did. The President of the United States sets policy for the entire Executive Branch, which includes the EPA. That means he doesn't get to stand back and say, "That's their fault. I had nothing to do with that. That's someone else's responsibility." Ultimately, it's ALL his responsibility.

YEP...and she had FAMILY Matters to attend to...so she quit...so what? She HAD to. ;)

As I recall, the primary "family matter" she needed to attend to at the time was the fact that the left was attacking and slinging mud at her family to get to her. And I don't blame her. I'll bet Obama wouldn't take it too kindly if the media started breathlessly reporting his daughters' grades and schoolyard spats like they were high-level nuclear summits, and talking about how he and Michelle were bad parents because of them, either. Nor should he.

As I recall, the primary "family matter" she needed to attend to at the time was the fact that the left was attacking and slinging mud at her family to get to her. And I don't blame her. I'll bet Obama wouldn't take it too kindly if the media started breathlessly reporting his daughters' grades and schoolyard spats like they were high-level nuclear summits, and talking about how he and Michelle were bad parents because of them, either. Nor should he.

Spot ON.

You ever hear the phrase, "The buck stops here"? Presidents used to believe that, or at least pretend they did. The President of the United States sets policy for the entire Executive Branch, which includes the EPA. That means he doesn't get to stand back and say, "That's their fault. I had nothing to do with that. That's someone else's responsibility." Ultimately, it's ALL his responsibility.

So if the buck stops with Obamawith regards to the EPA (which I agree with), then the same can be said about the military. However "The T" doesn't give Obama any credit with getting Bin Laden. In fact he downplayed it, and said Obama had nothing (or next to nothing) to do with it. However we can both agree the military ultimately falls under the executive branch-and Obama is the commander and chief of the military, this cannot be disputed. So if you want to make him responsible for the EPA fine-but he's also responsible for the military's success in getting Bin Laden as well-you can't have it both ways. You can't say success of organizations under Obama isn't his responsibility-but his failures are.

As for Palin, the left went after her and her family? Find me two liberal politicians who went after her family. Not the media-because the media goes after Democrat families as well (I will admit that Obama really has gotten a pass on this however). When you take public office you take shots, and your family does too (not that that's right), it's just a part of what happens. Palin knew, or should have known this going in. The GOP has taken shots at Democrat's families before, and that's not right either.

If you can't take the heat of mudslinging-and let's face it Palin's heat was NOTHING compared to Obama's (being called a terrorist is worse than anything said about Palin). If you can't take the heat-don't go into the kitchen in the first place. Don't take the job of governor, and then the US VP nominee and expect nobody to take shots at you-fair or not. It happens to TONS of politicians left or right.

All my original quote that got you all bent out of shape said was "She's a quitter". Glad you agree with me. :clap2:

All my original quote that got you all bent out of shape said was "She's a quitter". Glad you agree with me. :clap2:

she RESIGNED, just like a lot of politicians do. As for what she did for the state of Alaska, which by the way wouldn't concern anyone unless they lived there, but all you have to do is a little research. You might learn something about her instead of just parroting the standard lefty lines of, she's a quitter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back