White House scrambles to explain why Obama didn't know of Petreaus affair until after

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
White House scrambles to explain why Obama didn't know of Petreaus affair until after the election​

Rick Moran
November 12, 2012

Either someone at the FBI should be fired or we're not getting the whole story from the White House about when the president was informed of the extramarital affair of former CIA Director David Petreaus.

This explanation by the FBI is prerty lame:

High-level officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department were notified in the late summer that F.B.I. agents had uncovered what appeared to be an extramarital affair involving the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, David H. Petraeus, government officials said Sunday.

But law enforcement officials did not notify anyone outside the F.B.I. or the Justice Department until last week because the investigation was incomplete and initial concerns about possible security breaches, which would demand more immediate action, did not appear to be justified, the officials said.

The new accounts of the events that led to Mr. Petraeus's sudden resignation on Friday shed light on the competing pressures facing F.B.I. agents who recognized the high stakes of any investigation involving the C.I.A. director but who were wary of exposing a private affair with no criminal or security implications. For the first time Sunday, the woman whose report of harassing e-mails led to the exposure of the affair was identified as Jill Kelley, 37, of Tampa, Fla.

Some members of Congress have protested the delay in being notified of the F.B.I.'s investigation of Mr. Petraeus until just after the presidential election. Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California and the chairwoman of the Intelligence Committee, said Sunday that her committee would "absolutely" demand an explanation. An F.B.I. case involving the C.I.A. director "could have had an effect on national security," she said on "Fox News Sunday." "I think we should have been told."

But the bureau's history would make the privacy question especially significant; in his decades-long reign as the F.B.I.'s first director, J. Edgar Hoover sometimes directed agents to spy improperly on the sex lives of public figures and then used the resulting information to pressure or blackmail them.​

What does Hoover have to do with this? Nothing, but the New York Times felt it necessary to throw sand in our eyes by gratuitously pointing out that Hoover spied on people like Martin Luther King and tried to use the information on his sex life to pressure him.

[excerpt]

Read more:
Blog: White House scrambles to explain why Obama didn't know of Petreaus affair until after the election

White House scrambles to explain why Obama didn't know of Petreaus affair until after the election​

Rick Moran
November 12, 2012

Either someone at the FBI should be fired or we're not getting the whole story from the White House about when the president was informed of the extramarital affair of former CIA Director David Petreaus.

This explanation by the FBI is prerty lame:

High-level officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department were notified in the late summer that F.B.I. agents had uncovered what appeared to be an extramarital affair involving the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, David H. Petraeus, government officials said Sunday.

But law enforcement officials did not notify anyone outside the F.B.I. or the Justice Department until last week because the investigation was incomplete and initial concerns about possible security breaches, which would demand more immediate action, did not appear to be justified, the officials said.

The new accounts of the events that led to Mr. Petraeus's sudden resignation on Friday shed light on the competing pressures facing F.B.I. agents who recognized the high stakes of any investigation involving the C.I.A. director but who were wary of exposing a private affair with no criminal or security implications. For the first time Sunday, the woman whose report of harassing e-mails led to the exposure of the affair was identified as Jill Kelley, 37, of Tampa, Fla.

Some members of Congress have protested the delay in being notified of the F.B.I.'s investigation of Mr. Petraeus until just after the presidential election. Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California and the chairwoman of the Intelligence Committee, said Sunday that her committee would "absolutely" demand an explanation. An F.B.I. case involving the C.I.A. director "could have had an effect on national security," she said on "Fox News Sunday." "I think we should have been told."

But the bureau's history would make the privacy question especially significant; in his decades-long reign as the F.B.I.'s first director, J. Edgar Hoover sometimes directed agents to spy improperly on the sex lives of public figures and then used the resulting information to pressure or blackmail them.​

What does Hoover have to do with this? Nothing, but the New York Times felt it necessary to throw sand in our eyes by gratuitously pointing out that Hoover spied on people like Martin Luther King and tried to use the information on his sex life to pressure him.

[excerpt]

Read more:
Blog: White House scrambles to explain why Obama didn't know of Petreaus affair until after the election

It's called inept politics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_TACkSVLs]Paula Broadwell spilling secret CIA information - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wSMFh3FiwFE]Ron Kessler on Petraeus Resignation: There Are Several Cover-ups Going On - YouTube[/ame]

Obamination lies about everything.

Only a dumbfuck would believe some lie that Obamination wouldn't be told about his top officials being under a FBI investigation and admitting to an affair...

Seems though lately they're ALWAYS scrambling to explain shit...problem is, we never get the truth!
And there's people out there that actually still believe all the fricken lies that have been coming out of the WH.

It seems the timeline on this may indeed be fishy. And the General may have perjured himself before congress

That may possibly be GPa. One has to believe that when Petraeus was considered for Director of the CIA a complete and indepth investigation of the General's background was conducted. Obviously that investigation was flawed or the information was known and bypassed. Who authorized new investiagtion and the reading of his E-mails? How high did that authorization have to go? Why wasn't Petraeus asked to resign in August? Was it all a political game in favor of Oblamer? The Oblamer regime has a lot to explain and I don't think that the MSM will ask those questions or get the answers they owe to the American public.

Eric Cantor was briefed about the FBI investigation.....oh, but of course Obamination knew nothing, as usual.

Look, yet another conspiracy theory.

This time it's against one of the most respected soldiers in the US military, and on Veteran's Day no less.

Good work!

It's a safe bet the DOJ and FBI reported the affair to the President as well to the National Security Administration, furthermore, considering the Drone attack over international waters by Iranian War Planes, and Benghazi, the President or one of his trusted minion's imposed a media black out to protect the Messiah. The issue of transparency and honesty remain ellusive in this administration, sad, but a fact.

Forum List

Back