White House Reporters Grill Gibbs Over ‘Prepackaged’ Questions for Obama

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Finally someone is questioning the Messiah and his staff... only took 6 months after he was elected... I guess it's better late than never...

Breitbart.tv

lol

Helen is showing Gibbs there's no more more Mr. Nice Hag... I loved the "you people" line...haha

Gibbs looked like a babbling idiot... (well, more so than usual)

Helen Thomas of all people--who has been one of the White House Press core---since dirt was invented--STATED:

"You promised transperancy in this administration--& we have to e-mail you questions first--which you then select & then you call us back & inform us that you're going to point to us to ask that question". Then she states--this has NEVER happened before in ANY OTHER ADMINISTRATION!!

This goes on in town hall meetings--& according to Helen--the daily press briefing operated by Gates. You have to e-mail this administration your question first--either on face book or twitter. Then if they want to take your question, the reporter is called back & told that they will be called upon to ask this question--"that they have already reviewed". UNBELIEVABLE! Helen states that this administration is trying to control the media.

I guess so they can program Barack Obama's teleprompter prior to any meetings?

Last edited:
Wow can Gibbs get anymore condescending? No wonder they are getting pissed.

Thomas actually looked really ticked off. :lol:

That's gotta be bad for the Messiah and his band of liberal utopians.

Doesn't she always look like that?

I don't know if you remember the press conference over the 787 Billion dollar so-called stimulus bill that really wasn't.

Helen Thomas was called upon--& she asked this absolutely ridiculous question that had nothing to do with the economic crisis or the stimulus bill.

She asked: "Mr. President--(Barack Obama) do you believe that Al Queda is hiding on the borders of Pakistan & Afganistan? I about fell out of my chair on that one. I thought you have got to be freaking kidding. It was hysterical. Here we were having a press conference--all supposedly about the economic crisis & she comes up with that as a question. BUT--Barack Obama spent at least 10 minutes answering her question.

Jokes were made about Helen Thomas all of this country because of that question. Now I know how it happened! It was because Barack Obama wanted a break from the hard questions regarding the economy & this huge stimulus bill that was loaded with political pay-offs--earmarks--& pork. And he knew way in advance what her question was & how he was going to respond to it.:clap2:

This is the reason why all of his comments to reporters are "perfectly pronounced." Catch him off that teleprompter & he studders worse than G.W. Bush ever did.

Now the difference between Bush & Obama. During critical news conferences--if Bush was asked a "random"--which was never a "pre-selected" question that had nothing to do with the purpose of the news conferance, he would immediately side-line it & call on another reporter.

Last edited:

Doesn't she always look like that?

I don't know if you remember the press conference over the 787 Billion dollar so-called stimulus bill that really wasn't.

Helen Thomas was called upon--& she asked this absolutely ridiculous question that had nothing to do with the economic crisis or the stimulus bill.

She asked: "Mr. President--(Barack Obama) do you believe that Al Queda is hiding on the borders of Pakistan & Afganistan? I about fell out of my chair on that one. I thought you have got to be freaking kidding. It was hysterical. Here we were having a press conference--all supposedly about the economic crisis & she comes up with that as a question. BUT--Barack Obama spent at least 10 minutes answering her question.

Jokes were made about Helen Thomas all of this country because of that question. Now I know how it happened! It was because Barack Obama wanted a break from the hard questions regarding the economy & this huge stimulus bill that was loaded with political pay-offs--earmarks--& pork. And he knew way in advance what her question was & how he was going to respond to it.:clap2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1311361-post2.html

Helen Thomas of all people--who has been one of the White House Press core---since dirt was invented--STATED:

"You promised transperancy in this administration--& we have to e-mail you questions first--which you then select & then you call us back & inform us that you're going to point to us to ask that question". Then she states--this has NEVER happened before in ANY OTHER ADMINISTRATION!!

This goes on in town hall meetings--& according to Helen--the daily press briefing operated by Gates. You have to e-mail this administration your question first--either on face book or twitter. Then if they want to take your question, the reporter is called back & told that they will be called upon to ask this question--"that they have already reviewed". UNBELIEVABLE! Helen states that this administration is trying to control the media.

Wow, a mention of teleprompter ... what an original thought.

Wow, a mention of teleprompter ... what an original thought.

And you have no problem with the Press being forced to submit questions and having the Staff of the President TELL them what they are allowed to ask?

Forum List

Back