White House Refuses Bipartisan Debt Deal

Dude111

VIP Member
Jun 6, 2011
www.washingtonpost.com/gIQAvx8DYI.html

White House stokes debt-ceiling crisis
By Jennifer Rubin

A Republican aide e-mails me: “The Speaker, Sen. Reid and Sen. McConnell all agreed on the general framework of a two-part plan. A short-term increase (with cuts greater than the increase), combined with a committee to find long-term savings before the rest of the increase would be considered. Sen. Reid took the bipartisan plan to the White House and the President said no.” [more]
This is no surprise at all!!

He doesnt care!!!!

I (and many others) truly believe he wants to destroy this economy and then bring it back UNDER HIS TIGHT CONTROL!!! (Its been his mission since getting in office)

THIS IS GONNA GET BAD!!!!!!!

www.washingtonpost.com/gIQAvx8DYI.html

White House stokes debt-ceiling crisis
By Jennifer Rubin

A Republican aide e-mails me: “The Speaker, Sen. Reid and Sen. McConnell all agreed on the general framework of a two-part plan. A short-term increase (with cuts greater than the increase), combined with a committee to find long-term savings before the rest of the increase would be considered. Sen. Reid took the bipartisan plan to the White House and the President said no.” [more]
This is no surprise at all!!

He doesnt care!!!!

I (and many others) truly believe he wants to destroy this economy and then bring it back UNDER HIS TIGHT CONTROL!!! (Its been his mission since getting in office)

THIS IS GONNA GET BAD!!!!!!!

2 words:

Cloward-Piven
:eusa_shhh:

The subtext of this message was "this is your last chance."

Obama wants a deal with a long-term fix, not a 6-month stopgap. If he can't get that, he'll likely use the 14th.

The Tea Party can't win this.

what's "bi-partisan"?

doing it the tea party way or not at all??

the right has funny definitions for "bipartisan".

*shrug*

Reid is not a member of the tea party. Care to try again ?

Obama's sticking to his guns for once. He doesn't want a 5 month deal (I assume that's the one you're referring to). Good for him. I'm getting a little sick and tired of President Lawn Chair.

Wonky Pundit said:
Obama wants a deal with a long-term fix, not a 6-month stopgap. If he can't get that, he'll likely use the 14th.
If he didnt waste BILLIONS of dollars giving it to the UN like he did in October WE MIGHT NOT BE WHERE WE ARE NOW!!!!!

He knows there is no LONG TERM FIX!!!! (Which is why he wont accept any deals,i think he wants it to fall!)

Last edited:
what's "bi-partisan"?

doing it the tea party way or not at all??

the right has funny definitions for "bipartisan".

*shrug*
This
vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Bohner and Reid had a deal this morning. Obama killed it. He will not permit any deal at all.

fair enough.

he's correct not to allow a short term deal where this idiocy will come up again in the midst of the election campaigns.
Also fair enough
:cool:

Wonky Pundit said:
If he didnt waste BILLIONS of dollars giving it to the UN like he did in October WE MIGHT NOT BE WHERE WE ARE NOW!!!!!

He knows there is no LONG TERM FIX!!!! (Which is why he wont accept any deals,he wants it to fall)
You're worried about the UN? Dude, have you seen this chart?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

The thing is, we had you saying that it was the republicans who would't co operate.

One could argue that Obama is being intransigent for good reasons. That was not your argument. You said it was congresses' fault that the deal is dead.

Yea i dont like that he GAVE THEM BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AS A GIFT in october Wonky Pundit!

WHAT ABOUT OUR OWN COUNTRY??????

He doesnt give a rats ass and thats the truth,money means NOTHING TO HIM,he is OUT OF CONTROL!!

Yea i dont like that he GAVE THEM BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AS A GIFT in october Wonky Pundit!
Dude, where's your link?

WHAT ABOUT OUR OWN COUNTRY??????
We're not a dictatorship. If you don't like Mr. O, don't forget to vote against him next year.

He doesnt give a rats ass and thats the truth,money means NOTHING TO HIM,he is OUT OF CONTROL!!
What's he going to do? Declare martial law?

Wonky Pundit said:

He knows there is no LONG TERM FIX!!!! (Which is why he wont accept any deals,he wants it to fall)

This chart is wrong on so many levels... Why would you post something you have to know is false?

It seems under Obama Afghanistan/Iraq/Libya/Pakistan all cost nothing? It seems that under Obama the "Bush tax cuts" that were to expire but Obama signed back into law is missing, also Tarp that was carried over and spent under Obama is missing...

Now even with all that being obvious and un-debatable the simple fact that that chat is comparing 8 years VS 2 and a half is pretty dishonest on its own.

Something tells me you will post that char regardless of it being wrong though, over and over again.

This chart is wrong on so many levels... Why would you post something you have to know is false?

It seems under Obama Afghanistan/Iraq/Libya/Pakistan all cost nothing? It seems that under Obama the "Bush tax cuts" that were to expire but Obama signed back into law is missing, also Tarp that was carried over and spent under Obama is missing...

Now even with all that being obvious and un-debatable the simple fact that that chat is comparing 8 years VS 2 and a half is pretty dishonest on its own.

Something tells me you will post that char regardless of it being wrong though, over and over again.

You didn't read the fine print. Those figures are CHANGES in expenses compared to the previous administration, NOT total expenses.

Forum List

Back