White House Press Secretary Gibbs says today...

White House Press Secretary Gibbs says today that we (this administration) don't believe that Iran has nuclear capabilities.

Great, because you don't believe it makes it so.

Welcome to the Board,

Typically members want links to prove or indicate the validity of your statements. Not that they actually go to the link and read the articles. They just get all fuzzy with security.

I trust your statement on the other hand. Gibbs is an idiot and makes ridiculous statements on a daily basis. (sorry no link... it's common knowledge)

Let's see now, they have come along way on their missile technology, CHECK

They are perfecting their nuclear enrichment capabilities, CHECK

They pose a threat.. CHECK>> CHECK>>> CHECK

Url snipped because it won't let me post a Url

Thank you for the welcome.

Sorry, but I don't have a link to something that I heard on the radio over my lunch break listening to the briefing by the White House Press Secretary.

If you choose not to believe me I'm sure you can find it easy enough. There must be some sites out there that have links to the Press Secretary's briefing that happened today. I'm at work and don't have time right now to find it, but if you find out that I'm wrong about something that I heard with my own two ears (which we both know you won't) I'll retract my original post. Thanks

No problem Buddy,

My previous post included a link, I have posted another link with a multitude of articles on Iran.

What's being lost in this discussion is the terrorism of ,"Dirty Bombs" , so I'll add that link.

Dirty bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm impressed Quentin..

Here's a link that just might set you on the path to reality. This includes such highlights as;

Iran-Backed Terrorism, Iran's Nuclear Violations, Iran's Human Rights Violations, What Iran's Leaders are Saying and so much more for your reading pleasure..

Iran Press Kit - The Israel Project

Sorry, but "The Israel Project," an advocacy group promoting a pro-Israeli (and anti-Israeli foes like Iran) message is not a legitimate source. They are promoting highly selective and biased (and some discredited and out of date) information to suggest a threat that is disputed by the intelligence and evidence. Israel views it as in their best interest for the U.S. government to take a hardline, confrontational stance on Iran or even go to war with them, and that's irrespective of whether or not Iran has nuclear weapons which all available evidence concludes is not the case.

No one doubts that Iran has, whether officially or otherwise, supported insurgent efforts in Iraq, that they have previously violated NPT sanctions -that they now fall under accordance with, or that they violate human rights as a matter of daily routine. As for what Iran's leaders are saying and all the pronouncements the internally unpopular Ahmadinejad has made, that's the empty rhetoric I was referring to. He can call America the Great Satan all he wants or say Israel should be wiped off the map, he's an anti-western, anti-Israeli demagogue, that's what demagogues do.

That's all completely beside the point and tangential to the issue at hand: Iran does not have nuclear weapons capabilities and according to all our intelligence agencies, does not have a program to achieve them. And despite his empty desire that Israel and the U.S. fall, Ahmadinejad does not have the ability to launch an attack on either. Iran's real leaders, the Supreme Leader and Assembly of Experts, follow a religious doctrine of no first strikes that the country has adhered to for centuries and shown no practical intent of violating. Iran poses neither a military nor nuclear threat to any other nation. The government is unquestionably terrible and despotic, that doesn't mean they have nukes.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Board,

Typically members want links to prove or indicate the validity of your statements. Not that they actually go to the link and read the articles. They just get all fuzzy with security.

I trust your statement on the other hand. Gibbs is an idiot and makes ridiculous statements on a daily basis. (sorry no link... it's common knowledge)

Let's see now, they have come along way on their missile technology, CHECK

They are perfecting their nuclear enrichment capabilities, CHECK

They pose a threat.. CHECK>> CHECK>>> CHECK

Url snipped because it won't let me post a Url

Thank you for the welcome.

Sorry, but I don't have a link to something that I heard on the radio over my lunch break listening to the briefing by the White House Press Secretary.

If you choose not to believe me I'm sure you can find it easy enough. There must be some sites out there that have links to the Press Secretary's briefing that happened today. I'm at work and don't have time right now to find it, but if you find out that I'm wrong about something that I heard with my own two ears (which we both know you won't) I'll retract my original post. Thanks

No problem Buddy,

My previous post included a link, I have posted another link with a multitude of articles on Iran.

What's being lost in this discussion is the terrorism of ,"Dirty Bombs" , so I'll add that link.

URL deleted because I can't post links until I reach the post quota

Yeah, sorry I had to delete the link in your previous post because I am not allowed to post URL's yet as I guess it's a forum rule that you can't post links until you've made a certain number of posts. And the second part of my post wasn't directed at you, since you said that you tended to believe that Gibbs said it, but was directed toward the people here who automatically thought that I was making something up.

I'm impressed Quentin..

Here's a link that just might set you on the path to reality. This includes such highlights as;

Iran-Backed Terrorism, Iran's Nuclear Violations, Iran's Human Rights Violations, What Iran's Leaders are Saying and so much more for your reading pleasure..

Sorry, but "The Israel Project," an advocacy group promoting a pro-Israeli (and anti-Israeli foes like Iran) message is not a legitimate source. They are promoting highly selective and biased (and some discredited and out of date) information to suggest a threat that is disputed by the intelligence and evidence. Israel views it as in their best interest for the U.S. government to take a hardline, confrontational stance on Iran or even go to war with them, and that's irrespective of whether or not Iran has nuclear weapons which all available evidence concludes is not the case.

No one doubts that Iran has whether officially or otherwise supported insurgent efforts in Iraq, that they have previously violated NPT sanctions -that they now fall under accordance with, or that they violate human rights as a matter of daily routine. As for what Iran's leaders are saying and all the pronouncements the internally unpopular Ahmadinejad has made, that's the empty rhetoric I was referring to. He can call America the Great Satan all he wants or say Israel should be wiped off the map, he's an anti-western, anti-Israeli demagogue, that's what demagogues do.

That's all completely beside the point and tangential to the issue at hand: Iran does not have nuclear weapons capabilities and according to all our intelligence agencies, does not have a program to achieve them. And despite his empty desire that Israel and the U.S. fall, he does not have the ability to launch an attack on either. Iran's real leaders, the Supreme Leader and Assembly of Experts, follow a religious doctrine of no first strikes that the country has adhered to for centuries. Iran poses neither a military or nuclear threat to any other nation. The government is unquestionably terrible and despotic, that doesn't mean they have nukes.

Sorry ..:lol: .. I didn't realize you Democratic Party Members, had "verboten" reading lists...

White House Press Secretary Gibbs says today that we (this administration) don't believe that Iran has nuclear capabilities.

Hopefully they are not using the same (lack of) intelligence that Bush used in determining the existance of the "WMDs" in Iraq.

Sorry ..:lol: .. I didn't realize you Democratic Party Members, had "verboten" reading lists...

I have never voted for nor supported any Democratic candidate for President or any position higher than mayor of a small town or appellate court judge. I am not a member of the Democratic Party and in fact am fervently, vocally, and with my contributions, opposed to them and in support of third parties and independent candidates. You're barking up the wrong tree.

A special interest advocacy group who utilizes highly selective and biased sources to paint a picture that is directly contradicted by all of America's intelligence agencies is simply not a reputable or legitimate source on the topic.

Iran doesn't have nukes, that has nothing to do with American politics or political parties and everything to do with a fact asserted collectively and confidently by all of our intelligence agencies. For an Administration to ignore or repudiate the evidence supplied by the government's intelligence agencies -the experts on the issue- would be the height of foolishness.

I'm impressed Quentin..

No one doubts that Iran has whether officially or otherwise supported insurgent efforts in Iraq, that they have previously violated NPT sanctions -that they now fall under accordance with, or that they violate human rights as a matter of daily routine. As for what Iran's leaders are saying and all the pronouncements the internally unpopular Ahmadinejad has made, that's the empty rhetoric I was referring to. He can call America the Great Satan all he wants or say Israel should be wiped off the map, he's an anti-western, anti-Israeli demagogue, that's what demagogues do.

That's all completely beside the point and tangential to the issue at hand: Iran does not have nuclear weapons capabilities and according to all our intelligence agencies, does not have a program to achieve them. And despite his empty desire that Israel and the U.S. fall, he does not have the ability to launch an attack on either. Iran's real leaders, the Supreme Leader and Assembly of Experts, follow a religious doctrine of no first strikes that the country has adhered to for centuries. Iran poses neither a military or nuclear threat to any other nation. The government is unquestionably terrible and despotic, that doesn't mean they have nukes.

I guess considering the source never occurred to you..

:cuckoo:

:rolleyes:

You know who else doesn't believe it?

The American intelligence community. Considering their access and analysis, and that they're the ones the president gets his info on such matters from, that seems like the only appropriate position. The National Intelligence Estimate by 16 U.S. intelligence agencies, including the CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency, assessed with fair confidence that Iran has no nuclear weapons research program.

They notified the IAEA a year before they were required to by the NPT about their nuclear power plant and it's open to IAEA inspectors. So they haven't broken any laws or agreements related to nuclear development.

When you add that fact to this one:

Iran also agreed to ship most of its current stockpile of enriched uranium to Russia, where it would be refined for exclusively peaceful uses, in what Western diplomats called a significant, but interim, measure to ease concerns over its nuclear program. . . .

Under the tentative uranium deal, Iran would ship what a U.S. official said was "most" of its approximately 3,000 pounds of low-enriched uranium to Russia, where it would be further refined, to 19.75 percent purity. That is much less than the purity needed to fuel a nuclear bomb.

French technicians then would fabricate it into fuel rods and return it to Tehran to power a nuclear research reactor that's used to make isotopes for nuclear medicine.

This one:

Iran has not launched an aggressive war in modern history (unlike the U.S., Iraq, Israel, Germany, Japan, etc), and its leaders have a doctrine of "no first strike." This is true of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, as well as of Revolutionary Guards commanders.

No Iranian leader in the executive has threatened an aggressive act of war on Israel, the U.S., or any other naton, since this would contradict the doctrine of 'no first strike' to which the country has adhered for centuries. The Iranian president has explicitly said that Iran is not a threat to any country, including Israel.

This one:

Iran's military budget is a little over $6 billion annually. Sweden, Singapore and Greece all have
larger military budgets. Moreover, Iran is a country of 70 million, so that its per capita spending on defense is tiny compared to these others, since they are much smaller countries with regard to population. Iran spends less per capita on its military than any other country in the Persian Gulf region with the exception of the United Arab Emirates.

and this one:

The International Atomic Energy Agency has repeatedly inspected the nuclear enrichment facility at Nanatz and found no weapons program. The site at Qom Iran notified them of has not "gone hot," but has been inspected and will repeatedly be inspected by the IAEA under an agreement reached with Iran.

It doesn't make sense to come to any other conclusion. It makes sense to be cautious, but all evidence points clearly to the same position and nearly all of the "evidence" used to suggest otherwise is little more than chest-beating about empty rhetoric and perceived existential threats rather than the facts of the case.

You do realize your citing an article written in 2007. A lot can change in 3 years.

"...Quite frankly what Ahmadinejad says, he says many things and many of them turn out to be untrue,” White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters at the daily White House press briefing.

White House Says Iran?s Nuclear Claims Based on Politics Not Physics

These guys are morons. If someone wants to make threats about nuclear weapons. They should be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.

Fundamentally, most Americans don't understand Ahmadinejad's role. He's an unpopular president who had to steal an election in order to stay in his position and has little practical power. The leaders of the country, those who actually call the shots and have the abundance of power, are the religious Supreme Leader and Assembly of Experts who find nuclear weapons not in keeping with their holy doctrines and have banned an offensive assault on any nation for any reason and adhered to that ban for centuries.

He makes fiery speeches condemning Israel and the West to rally his base. He does not have the means nor the capability to attack anyone. Beyond that, they don't have nuclear weapons and aren't pursuing them according to the IAEA and all available intelligence gathered by the various U.S. agencies tasked with collecting and analyzing such data.

We are cautious, guarded, and far from friendly in our relationship with Iran, but it would be a flat out lie in contravention of all evidence to pretend they have nuclear weapons.

Hopefully they are not using the same (lack of) intelligence that Bush used in determining the existance of the "WMDs" in Iraq.

The "U.S. intelligence community" has been greatly diminished under Obama and the head Butting Democratic Party Members in Congress. (The underwear pooper shows that.)

You want a link..I have no link.. I don't need no stinkin link..

I'm just causing trouble at this point....:lol:

$gibbs1-1.jpg

You do realize your citing an article written in 2007. A lot can change in 3 years.

National Intelligence Estimates (NIEs) are United States federal government documents that are the authoritative assessment of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) on intelligence related to a particular national security issue. NIEs are produced by the National Intelligence Council and express the coordinated judgments of the United States Intelligence Community, the group of 16 U.S. intelligence agencies.

The article is written about the 2007 NIE, the last Estimate widely publicized on the issue. The intelligence community is in a constant state of intelligence gathering and analysis and updating existing estimates to adapt to new developments. No significant changes have occurred to their estimate in the three years since, save the inclusion of the Qom facility which Iran announced to the IAEA well before the deadline required by the NPT and which inspectors are inspecting and have found nothing to suggest a weapons program, nor has American intelligence on the facility which has been gathered since before Qom's existence was made public.

There is simply no reliable evidence to suggest Iran has or is trying to create nuclear weapons and ample evidence to suggest they are not. To assert that they are is to disagree with all respectable experts who are tasked with making such determinations and have far more ample, concrete, and reliable evidence than a layperson.

Last edited:
"...Quite frankly what Ahmadinejad says, he says many things and many of them turn out to be untrue,” White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters at the daily White House press briefing.

These guys are morons. If someone wants to make threats about nuclear weapons. They should be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.

Fundamentally, most Americans don't understand Ahmadinejad's role. He's an unpopular president who had to steal an election in order to stay in his position and has little practical power. The leaders of the country, those who actually call the shots and have the abundance of power, are the religious Supreme Leader and Assembly of Experts who find nuclear weapons not in keeping with their holy doctrines and have banned an offensive assault on any nation for any reason and adhered to that ban for centuries.

He makes fiery speeches condemning Israel and the West to rally his base. He does not have the means nor the capability to attack anyone. Beyond that, they don't have nuclear weapons and aren't pursuing them according to the IAEA and all available intelligence gathered by the various U.S. agencies tasked with collecting and analyzing such data.

We are cautious, guarded, and far from friendly in our relationship with Iran, but it would be a flat out lie in contravention of all evidence to pretend they have nuclear weapons.

So does that make you sure that they do not have nuclear weapon capability?

Would you consider making a wager...say your entire life savings based on that dec;laration of yours?

Would you be willing to see many suffer the loss of loved ones as a consequence of you beleving this?

You may be correct....but are you willing to suffer the consequences if you are wrong?

The USA has time to defend...Israel....and Iraq for that matter....do not.

No worries... when a mushroom cloud rises over Jerusalem, this administration's reponse will be that the "Jews asked for it" and we'll send the Mullahs a thank you note.

I guess considering the source never occurred to you..

:cuckoo:

:rolleyes:

:oops: Well.. ya know .. sometimes you go to the market to find links, you're in a hurry, you don't really check them out, again.. you're in a hurry, so.. you get them home, you open them up, they smell kinda funny, you're not really sure, I mean.. they are links after all, well.. that's what I'm talking about.( I'll do a little research or none at all, who knows, I'm feeling kinda lazy today ..obviously)

I would imagine that there are a number of other threats that this Administration and the Secret Service takes seriously that are no more or less likely.

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons and is not close to developing them. Their biggest problem right now is they are facing a revolution. The announcement of weapons potential is to draw attention away from their domestic issues

If they dont believe Iran has nuclear capability now (and they might not) why are they putting sanctions on the Revolutionary Guards?
I guess all that talk about "sitting down with Iran and talking to them" from the campaign really didn't amount to much, did it?

Well Hell. They did put a mouse, a worm and something else in space already.

Wonder if those critters came back alive????

Thats a real breakthrough. Nuclear bomb is next. LOL

Perhaps if we ask them really nicely, they could send our politicians up there..... and leave them there.

Maybe... it's just me and a quirky nature but I have a vision of ostriches with their heads in the sand....

Maybe if we all just underplay the threat it will just go away... good "D" policy..

Forum List

Back