White House Plans Public Appeal on Deficit

'If you look carefully, President Obama has never explicitly stated that taxing the rich will bring in much revenue. Instead, the president has made sure to give voters the impression that the Republican refusal to tax the rich is the main cause of the deficit and thus the main obstacle to solving the fiscal crisis.

It's basic capitalism. If things appear to be getting worked out, people fell better and go out and spend. Spending leads to more jobs, more jobs lead to more tax revenue, more revenue leads to lower deficits. Why do you need to be schooled on a daily basis? Alzheimer's kicking in?

So more political theater is the cure for all our woes?

'If you look carefully, President Obama has never explicitly stated that taxing the rich will bring in much revenue. Instead, the president has made sure to give voters the impression that the Republican refusal to tax the rich is the main cause of the deficit and thus the main obstacle to solving the fiscal crisis.

It's basic capitalism. If things appear to be getting worked out, people fell better and go out and spend. Spending leads to more jobs, more jobs lead to more tax revenue, more revenue leads to lower deficits. Why do you need to be schooled on a daily basis? Alzheimer's kicking in?

Thanks, but I don't need you commies to try and explain 'basic capitalism.'

It is like watching retards box.

LOL

His baldface deception, of course.

Oh wait. You get an Obamaphone.

"Obamaphone" was started by Regean you partisan hack under the name Lifeline project.. In fact, the Obama administration has not touched the service. The last president to expand it was Boooooosh in 2003.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Judging by the idiocy of that pie chart I am guessing you made it?

Very scientific, be sure to leave out even more info next time. :lol:

You are the MOST useless poster on here next to LGS.

The butthurt is STRONG!

LOL

Thanks, but I don't need you commies to try and explain 'basic capitalism.'

It is like watching retards box.

You talking the Republican debates or Breitbart's pollsters? It's obvious to me you need lessons in capitalism. Either that or you're determined to be a partisan flack regardless of what anyone says. Either way you're really not worth responding to anymore. Lessons are wasted on you.

Last edited:

What about my analysis is flawed? If people feel better, don't they spend more? If people spend more, wouldn't you be more likely to hire on new workers? If new workers are hired, wouldn't there be more tax revenue? I realize there's always the problem of extra spending, but that's where the House comes in and the Republicans control it. That is, unless they drive us over the cliff with intransigence and get themselves booted out in '14. It's their choice.

Last edited:
The butthurt is STRONG!

LOL

:lol:

That's the best rebuttal you have? Seems fitting for such an uneducated poster.

I think you are still mad about that burn I gave you the other day, that's why you are projecting. You enjoying your butt plugs?

How many can you stuff up there?

:lol: :lol:

Obama's plan to tax those dirty mean ol' rich people is a pimple on the debt elephant's ass - assuming raising said taxes does not actually reduce Federal tax receipts as is more likely the case.

But Liberals don't want to deal in truth.

look_squirrel1.jpg

I think Republicans will go along with letting the Bush tax cuts expire, as long as they expire for EVERYONE. After all, we all know those tax cuts only benefited the rich .Do you agree?

The butthurt is STRONG!

LOL

I think you are still mad about that burn I gave you the other day, that's why you are projecting. You enjoying your butt plugs?

Obama's plan to tax those dirty mean ol' rich people is a pimple on the debt elephant's ass - assuming raising said taxes does not actually reduce Federal tax receipts as is more likely the case.

look_squirrel1.jpg

Uh oh, she spotted you!

The butthurt is STRONG!

LOL

look_squirrel1.jpg

A pimple?

You mean like Republican plans to kill Big Bird?

The butthurt is STRONG!

LOL

look_squirrel1.jpg

Man, you look like such an idiot when you post.. You should just stick to your poor attempts at flaming.

First sentence in the article:

"The White House plans an aggressive public campaign to build support for its approach to reduce the deficit through tax increases and spending cuts"

Hmmm.. Seems like YOU do not deal in facts..

Maybe if you were not such a fucking retard you would be able to pay attention.. Luckily we fund genetic research here in the States, so maybe one day we can cure your kind of stupid.

How do they do that without jobs? And how long do you think 'appearances' are going to hold up. It's what your party has banked on for years, but the time to pay the piper is coming, and there's no stopping him.

Republicans demand we address the deficit problem - which over the next 10 years is 95% spending above what we take in.

Obama threatens to let us go off the 'fiscal cliff' if he does not get what he demands regarding the other 4% of the deficit problem - assuming one believes that jacking taxes on our job creators won't actually cost more to the Federal tax base than it produces.

Worst POTUS, Ever.

What about my analysis is flawed? If people feel better, don't they spend more? If people spend more, wouldn't you be more likely to hire on new workers? If new workers are hired, wouldn't there be more tax revenue? I realize there's always the problem of extra spending, but that's where the House comes in and the Republicans control it. That is, unless they drive us over the cliff with intransigence and get themselves booted out in '14. It's their choice.

people have not been spending. They have been paying down their debt.

Kicking the can down the road for another one act political play certainly won't make too much of a dent.

I think Republicans will go along with letting the Bush tax cuts expire, as long as they expire for EVERYONE. After all, we all know those tax cuts only benefited the rich .Do you agree?

I've been saying that since the fiscal cliff suddenly became a big news story after the election. It always gets ignored, or they laughingly try to now say that they never claimed they were only for the rich. :eusa_shhh:

obama would like to see his great revolution where the proletariat burn down the factories. He wants a riot not a show of support.

Forum List

Back