White House not planning to ask for extra Ukraine funding before September despite lawmaker concerns money could run out by summer

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
(CNN)The White House says it is not currently planning to ask Congress for new Ukraine funding before the end of the fiscal year at the end of September, pitting administration officials against some lawmakers and congressional staffers who are concerned that the funds could run out by mid-summer.

"Thanks to the bipartisan Congressional support for Ukraine, we believe we have the resources we need through the end of this fiscal year," a White House spokesperson told CNN. "As we get closer to the end of the fiscal year, we'll reevaluate and determine what additional resources are needed."

The White House statement comes amid some anxiety on Capitol Hill about what they say is the administration's lack of clarity on the issue. Administration officials told CNN that they anticipate that the White House's Office of Management and Budget will have to ask Congress for more Ukraine funding once the current batch -- approved by Congress in December -- runs out.

In December, Congress approved the administration's request for an additional $48 billion to help arm Ukraine and combat the Covid-19 pandemic, $36 billion of which was specifically allocated for Ukraine. The supplemental was meant to last through September 30, 2023. The administration requested this kind of additional funding to help support Ukraine four times last year, in March, May, September and December.

The internal polling must show a significant decline in support for monetary aid to Ukraine - as it should. Especially so when the citizens of this country are in rough financial condition while we send billion after billion to an corrupt eastern European shithole.

I hope the House says no when Tater asks again.....Let the chips fall where they may.

(CNN)The White House says it is not currently planning to ask Congress for new Ukraine funding before the end of the fiscal year at the end of September, pitting administration officials against some lawmakers and congressional staffers who are concerned that the funds could run out by mid-summer.

"Thanks to the bipartisan Congressional support for Ukraine, we believe we have the resources we need through the end of this fiscal year," a White House spokesperson told CNN. "As we get closer to the end of the fiscal year, we'll reevaluate and determine what additional resources are needed."

The White House statement comes amid some anxiety on Capitol Hill about what they say is the administration's lack of clarity on the issue. Administration officials told CNN that they anticipate that the White House's Office of Management and Budget will have to ask Congress for more Ukraine funding once the current batch -- approved by Congress in December -- runs out.

In December, Congress approved the administration's request for an additional $48 billion to help arm Ukraine and combat the Covid-19 pandemic, $36 billion of which was specifically allocated for Ukraine. The supplemental was meant to last through September 30, 2023. The administration requested this kind of additional funding to help support Ukraine four times last year, in March, May, September and December.

The internal polling must show a significant decline in support for monetary aid to Ukraine - as it should. Especially so when the citizens of this country are in rough financial condition while we send billion after billion to an corrupt eastern European shithole.

I hope the House says no when Tater asks again.....Let the chips fall where they may.

We do have to consider that if the American people get sick of funding this proxy war, the support could end. But we haven't come to that yet. I believe he is waiting because right now he needs to get the debt ceiling raised. He can't ask for money for Ukraine now when McCarthy is asking for spending cuts.

I hear any unspent Covid relief money may get cancelled. Biden is open to that. Also cutting single men from food stamps. Single men with no kids don't need food stamps.

We do have to consider that if the American people get sick of funding this proxy war, the support could end. But we haven't come to that yet. I believe he is waiting because right now he needs to get the debt ceiling raised. He can't ask for money for Ukraine now when McCarthy is asking for spending cuts.

I hear any unspent Covid relief money may get cancelled. Biden is open to that. Also cutting single men from food stamps. Single men with no kids don't need food stamps.
I think we are way past providing any further support to such a corrupt country. Even the Uke-bros are saying "no mas" and let the EU step-up to support them if that is what they want to do.

President Piss Pants must be using up his diapers at express speed .
He is forced to tacitly accept that Dear Uncle P has run rings round him and his masters , but when the Ukey Nazis are laid out as corpes , his gross corruption with other family members, will be laid bare for the world to be disgusted at and to demand the severest punishment -- public execution for treason would be a soft sentence .

I think we are way past providing any further support to such a corrupt country. Even the Uke-bros are saying "no mas" and let the EU step-up to support them if that is what they want to do.
They are. Germany just gave them a bunch. You don't understand how important Ukraine is to the West. That's why you and Trump should never lead.

It keeps dems off balance. ;)
It's so easy to click on your sources and find the liars behind them. And find the lies in the story you're trying to spread.

And that's not the same as you dismissing NPR or PBS or MSNBC. They aren't known liars.

Don't forget my right wing friend that Fox was and probably is still the number one news source for cons like you. They are known to lie to their audience. And still the audience is huge.

I discount any and all info coming out of there.....BTW.....FOX is stacked with Uke-Bros.
Just remember Fox is the number one news source for Republicans. Even after they were found out to be lying to their viewers.

So you may FINALLY discount what Fox news says, but they are still your parties number one source for misinformation and spin.

CNN’s rivals at Fox News won the primetime battle, averaging 1.44 million viewers, while MSNBC had a 1.08 million.

Where do you go Newsmax?

The right-leaning channel Newsmax garnered 357,000 average prime time viewers.

Just remember Fox is the number one news source for Republicans. Even after they were found out to be lying to their viewers.

So you may FINALLY discount what Fox news says, but they are still your parties number one source for misinformation and spin.

CNN’s rivals at Fox News won the primetime battle, averaging 1.44 million viewers, while MSNBC had a 1.08 million.

Where do you go Newsmax?

The right-leaning channel Newsmax garnered 357,000 average prime time viewers.
I'm a free man, I don't divulge my sources or explain myself to anyone unless I want to.

Damn, you sure do seem bothered about it all......Good, it keeps you on your toes. :laughing0301:

I'm a free man, I don't divulge my sources or explain myself to anyone unless I want to.

Damn, you sure do seem bothered about it all......Good, it keeps you on your toes. :laughing0301:
Well I love it when cons say

I am not a Republican
I never defended Bush
I don't watch Fox

Clearly all three are lies.

Forum List

Back