White House Knew of Levee's Failure on Night of Storm

Mar 1, 2006
Does anybody here get the feeling that Mr. Brown was the "fall guy" for Mr. Chartoff and President Bush? Over 1300 Americans died as a result of our government's inaction, and they get away with it by saying " We need to do a better job"? Is it not fair to say that since President Clinton was almost thrown out of office for lying about a sexual tryst, President Bush should be thrown out for lying about what he knew and when about Hurricane Katrina which killed so many and ruined many more? Together with the recent Quail incident by Vice President Cheney, I think we Republicans are in for a rough ride at the voting stations. Please tell me I am wrong!

Welcome to the board.

Together with the recent Quail incident by Vice President Cheney

what does this accident has to do with anything, sounds like a partisan attack to me and I dont even like the man.

While Bush may take partial responsibility for the failure to respond I am not sure
how this at all relates to Clintons lying under other sexcapade.

HardworkingRep9 said:
Does anybody here get the feeling that Mr. Brown was the "fall guy" for Mr. Chartoff and President Bush? Over 1300 Americans died as a result of our government's inaction, and they get away with it by saying " We need to do a better job"? Is it not fair to say that since President Clinton was almost thrown out of office for lying about a sexual tryst, President Bush should be thrown out for lying about what he knew and when about Hurricane Katrina which killed so many and ruined many more? Together with the recent Quail incident by Vice President Cheney, I think we Republicans are in for a rough ride at the voting stations. Please tell me I am wrong!

no problem--you're wrong .

HardworkingRep9 said:

You're wrong... sorry. Ain't gonna catch no fish on this trip skippy.

What I was asking was: Is there not a moral difference between the act of lying under oath about a scandalous affair, but hurting noone but himself (President Clinton ) and an act of deliberately lying (albeit not under oath) to escape culpability for the death of more than 1300 Americans, and displacing countless others (President Bush)? Partisan is a word used by polititians who are avoiding an issue. As with Hurricane Katrina, the truth was slow to come out about Vice President Cheney's hunting mishap. At first it was reported by another person - not until the next day, and only to a local paper - that Cheney grazed the side of his friend's face, and his friend was recovering well. Then we learn that not only were there shotgun pellets throughout his friend's body, but also that that Cheney had been drinking. While we are all respectful of privacy and full of remorse about the incident, this incident involves a most public figure and our second in command; and we expect truthfulness and accountability. Now we know the truth about Katrina: President Bush had been briefed in detail: (it's on video) - and he promised his full support - which of course never materialised until it was far too late. Four days later after being warned that Hurricane Katrina was likely to be one of the most catastrophic events in American history, President Bush stated: "I don't think anybody thought the levee's would break." You can quote whomever you want, and you can call me any name you want, but the American people do not like people who lie, especially when it adds up to 1300+ dead. I guess you don't get it. There will be hell to pay. These mistakes and lies will strike more fear into American hearts than any Liberal could ever dream up!

sigh.

We welcome all ideas on this board. Perhaps you should stick with one idea and start a topic on that. Your all over the place with your talking points. Rhetoric is easily spotted as we have seen it from liberals in every conceivable form so you'll have to either be

a) more creative in your delivery of the rhetoric
or
b) bring your own ideas to the table.

Otherwise, been there done that. If you use the search feature real quick, youll see that. Welcome, but i dont think your stay will be long. Not for being banned. No one gets banned here unless you a real ass. I figure you'll grow bored of not convincing everyone of your talking points as have all the others who failed before you.

HardworkingRep9 said:

First, considering you are new here and start off in a post like this, i have a very hard time believing you are a Republican. I don't think a Republican would come onto a forum and make one of the very first posts calling for the ousting of the President over the Democrats inability to prepare for natural disasters. Contrast that to the response of Republican leaders in other states who were prepared and while hit far worse are already starting to recover in great shape

The fact is the federal government should not be responsible for first response to natural diasters. Those on the ground are the ones responsible for action. In fact, i think its debatable whether the federal government should have any responsibility for disaster relief period because I can't seem to find any clause in the Constitution that gives them that authority and what is not given to the federal government is retained by the states.

Second, I see absolutely no reason that Cheney accidently shooting his friend is going to hurt Republicans politically. We aren't having an election for 8 months. There is going to be tons of other news far more important political discussion going on. This will hardly be a memory. Also, even if did effect an election, i think it would hurt Democrats more. why? Because for that entire week all the Cheney story shoes is that Democrats would rather spend time trying to force Cheney out of office for a hunting accident than deal with real issues that face the United States.

HardworkingRep9 said:
What I was asking was: Is there not a moral difference between the act of lying under oath about a scandalous affair, but hurting noone but himself (President Clinton ) and an act of deliberately lying (albeit not under oath) to escape culpability for the death of more than 1300 Americans, and displacing countless others (President Bush)? Partisan is a word used by polititians who are avoiding an issue. As with Hurricane Katrina, the truth was slow to come out about Vice President Cheney's hunting mishap. At first it was reported by another person - not until the next day, and only to a local paper - that Cheney grazed the side of his friend's face, and his friend was recovering well. Then we learn that not only were there shotgun pellets throughout his friend's body, but also that that Cheney had been drinking. While we are all respectful of privacy and full of remorse about the incident, this incident involves a most public figure and our second in command; and we expect truthfulness and accountability. Now we know the truth about Katrina: President Bush had been briefed in detail: (it's on video) - and he promised his full support - which of course never materialised until it was far too late. Four days later after being warned that Hurricane Katrina was likely to be one of the most catastrophic events in American history, President Bush stated: "I don't think anybody thought the levee's would break." You can quote whomever you want, and you can call me any name you want, but the American people do not like people who lie, especially when it adds up to 1300+ dead. I guess you don't get it. There will be hell to pay. These mistakes and lies will strike more fear into American hearts than any Liberal could ever dream up!

The man didn't just lie under oath. He manufactured false evidence. He obstructed justice.

What is President Bush's fault? He didn't realize that Democrats are so freaking incompetant they can't even govern their own constitutencies and that he should have illegally taken control from them to save people from a natural diasters when those people made no effort to save themselves.

HardworkingRep9 said:

spin and opinions are not facts

HardworkingRep9 said:

Oh nooooooo, not again??? :baby4:

HardworkingRep9 said:

A. You're not a republican.

B. IT WAS A HURRICANE. You act like they shot all those people personally.

c. You're wrong.

nosarcasm said:
Welcome to the board.

what does this accident has to do with anything, sounds like a partisan attack to me and I dont even like the man.

While Bush may take partial responsibility for the failure to respond I am not sure
how this at all relates to Clintons lying under other sexcapade.

No body died when Clinton lied.

The man didn't just lie under oath. He manufactured false evidence. He obstructed justice.

What is President Bush's fault? He didn't realize that Democrats are so freaking incompetant they can't even govern their own constitutencies and that he should have illegally taken control from them to save people from a natural diasters when those people made no effort to save themselves.

Plenty of blame to go around. But due to the general incompetence and indifference at the federal level, they were much worse that they should have been.

In Article II it specifically mentions that the cheif executive must "in the event of an Emergency, Natural or Otherwise, that poses the possibility of Severe loss of life, channel (utilizing either a Ouija Board or Summoning Circle, According to Taste) the Spirit of the Viking King Canute the Great for the purposes of standing by the seashore and Holding at Bay the forces of Nature."

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Bullypulpit said:
Plenty of blame to go around. But due to the general incompetence and indifference at the federal level, they were much worse that they should have been.

CLICK ME!
legoidiot.jpg

HardworkingRep9 said:

There probably IS a moral consequence for posting every anit-Republican cliche you can find all in one thread. You forgot "there are no WMD's," or did I just miss it?

Here are some facts for you to ponder between chapters of Das Kapital:

The Governor of LA is responsible for requesting Federal assistance. The President cannot Federalize troops without that request. Blanco refused to submit the request to Bush not because she had a better plan and/or didn't need Federal assistance, but because he is a Republican.

Had a Republican Gov acted with such incompetence you libs would STIL be trying to hang him/her just as you are STILL trying to shift the blame for local incompetence onto the Federal government.

Whether Bush knew the levees were failing is irrelevant. The Constitution guarantees the rights of the individual states' sovreignty, and the federal government cannot interfere in an internal matter unless the state is in violation of the Constitution or gives the federal government permission. Governor Blanco didn't give the feds permission for 2 days. Then, when FEMA got there, the thing was already a debacle. FEMA isn't designed to oversee, administrate, and support. They're not supposed to be the sole rescue effort. Think of it like a consulting firm. A consulting firm can't run the business themselves on a whim, because their job is to help the business run itself. When FEMA got there, there wasn't any effort in place, and they had to build it from the ground up, which they're not designed to do. The failure in that disaster was entirely on the state and local level.

As far as the lying, I'm not convinced Bush was lying. First off, lying means that he knew for a fact that what he was saying wasn't true. Then, even if he was, it's legally irrelevant. If Bush did, in fact, lie, he lied on TV. This is immoral, but only borderlin unethical and perfectly legal. Clinton, on the other hand, lied under oath, and while you may be able to make the case that his lie wasn't all that sinful or unethical, it was still illegal. In a court of law, that's all that matters.

Forum List

Back