White House Insider: Obama Offering Hillary Clinton Vice President Position

Obama is desperate to stop the inevitable Hillary Campaign that starts right after the November Massacre. It shouldn't work, but Hillary might be getting desperate herself. She let Obama stuff the ballot boxes and take the campaign form her once, maybe she fears Obama and ACORN will work their voter producing magic again?

Didn't Obama say he only wanted one term? Giving Clinton the VP position wouldn't be a bad plan under that view.

Politically, it would make alot of sense and position Hillary to assume the Presidency in 2016.

Of course the Republicans don't have a prayer in 2012 anyway, but this ensures longterm Democrat control of the White House

I don't see Hillary taking veep. As a job it is less than nothing. It is like early retirement.

The only way this would be a step up would be if 0bama caught some terminal disease, or was facing impeachment.

As far as I remember, Nixon and John Adams are the only Veeps to move up to the purple without someone else dying or resigning first. And Nixon lost in 1960.

I doubt the validity of this rumor. First of all, it would spell disaster for the Democrats. It would be politically foolish. Now, if Biden suffered a heart attack (and I don't wish any ill towards him or anyone else because of politics; I'm just saying "f'rinstance"), then it would be a logical move. Biden has to resign for medical reasons, blah, blah, blah, and here comes Hillary as the Knight in Shining Armor rescuing the Damsel in Distress. Otherwise, how are the Democrats going to explain this one away? Joe is a nice guy but not the right guy? That's a very stupid political move. It admits that the Democrats can't get their act together.

As for speculation that Hillary would run in 2012, one thing has to happen first: Obama would essentially have to NOT run. He'd have to cite something like health problems, wanting to get closer to his family, etc. Not gonna happen because Michelle ain't gonna let that happen.

Otherwise, if Hillary ran against Obama on her own, this would be grounds for a political civil war within the Democratic Party. Not a smart move because everyone loses.

There's another more serious problem in the Obama White House: either they have a traitor on the inside who's leaking this sort of stuff OR they are so politically naive, blind and stupid that they actually think this is a good idea and wanted to fly a "test balloon." With that type of "political insight," this administration, already a train wreck, is aiming to take out as many bystanders as possible at the train station.

Republicans should shut the hell up and just let this thing happen on its own.

I don't see Hillary taking veep. As a job it is less than nothing. It is like early retirement.

The only way this would be a step up would be if 0bama caught some terminal disease, or was facing impeachment.

As far as I remember, Nixon and John Adams are the only Veeps to move up to the purple without someone else dying or resigning first. And Nixon lost in 1960.

fourteen of the forty-three men who served as President served as VP.....

Forum List

Back