White House expresses support for torture tactics

Pale Rider said:
Well dillo... I'm so glad I've got your permission... :rolleyes:

What'sa matter? You and her have a falling out?

And I'm not singling her out, I trash all liberals equaly. You know that.

And I see yet another thread has degraded, into a cess pool of liberal hatred and fear mongering. Where do I sign up?

dilloduck said:
I'm sorry--I didn't mean to imply that you needed my permission. It was a little light hearted encouragement. Sorry sir!

I was just coming back at ya Bub.

You still didn't say whether or not you two had a falling out though. I thought you two were getting along there for awhile... :dunno:

alien21010 said:
And I see yet another thread has degraded, into a cess pool of liberal hatred and fear mongering. Where do I sign up?

Do I really "hate" liberals? Well... kinda... yeah.

alien21010 said:

Liberal hatred? Course we hate any philosophy that undermines freedom. As for fear mongering i dont see it. it's called a discussion of the facts. The fact is the article doesnt say anything about the White house supporting terror tactics. Which of course means the original poster, a known liberal is talking out of her @$$. Can't really have a serious discussion when the original post is so off mark can we?

Pale Rider said:
I was just coming back at ya Bub.

You still didn't say whether or not you two had a falling out though. I thought you two were getting along there for awhile... :dunno:

naaaaaaa--Instead of just taking pot shots at her intentional attempts to incite I thought I'd see if I could find out what she was really all about and why she felt the need to do it.

alien21010 said:

I see an accusation in the thread title unsupported by the article. That is classic left-wing.

So where's the hate and fear?

What YOU should hate and fear is the fact that you are attempting to defend a lie for no more reason that blind political partisanship.

After painfully reading the article, but not all the posts... (sorry guys) forgive me if I point out some stuff others did. I didn't see anything in the article that says the White House supports torture. I think the original poster needs to go to Title School. The only thing I wasn't sure of; Is the amendment from McCain going on the defence appropriations bill, because if so......

For starters everyone knows that this appropriations bill is infested with another amendment as well, right? That would be the Democratic attempt to create a commission to investigate the treatment of detainees. So we get a set of standards in one area and an investigation in the other.

Here's everyones favorite Teddy from the congressional record as he bemoans that the defence auth bill was set aside to discuss gun maker liability: "That was put aside by the Republican leadership because they were concerned about a provision that had been introduced to the Defense authorization bill last Thursday. Senator Levin, Senator Reed, Senator Rockefeller, and I introduced an amendment to create an independent commission to examine the administration's policy surrounding the detention and interrogation of detainees as an amendment to the Defense authorization bill."

What the press needs to discuss is how the legislature cannot keep a bill "clean". The manner in which pork, and unethical politics are conducted in the form of riders and amendments to needed legislation should be the crime.

pegwinn said:
What the press needs to discuss is how the legislature cannot keep a bill "clean". The manner in which pork, and unethical politics are conducted in the form of riders and amendments to needed legislation should be the crime.

Damned Skippy! The problem is that almsot all of the politicians in Washington are doing this. Bring on the term limits...and while we're at it, make a law degree a disqualifier.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
things in the field would rapidly change. It would become a quickie "interrogation" with a pistol to the head and if Hasim, Mohamed, etal doesn't want to cooperate then, well, let's just say we will be taking far fewer "detainees".

ThomasPaine said:
things in the field would rapidly change. It would become a quickie "interrogation" with a pistol to the head and if Hasim, Mohamed, etal doesn't want to cooperate then, well, let's just say we will be taking far fewer "detainees".
Can of pork and beans in one hand. Tape recorder in the other?

Forum List

Back