White House drops 'war on terror' slogan

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
HOW CANDY-ASS IS THIS??!?!??!?!

WASHINGTON, July 26 (UPI) -- The Bush administration has begun downplaying the "war on terror" in favor of "a global struggle against violent extremism," the New York Times reports.

Gen. Richard B. Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the National Press Club that if something is a war "then you think of people in uniform as being the solution."

Myers said that while the military may be in the forefront now the long-term solution is more diplomatic, economic and political.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld used the new terminology at a retirement ceremony Friday for the naval chief of operations. Rumsfeld said the country "wages the global struggle against the enemies of freedom, the enemies of civilization."

Officials told the Times that the new language is a product of meetings of President Bush's top national security advisers.

http://interestalert.com/brand/site...a&Fid=LATEBRKN&Type=News&Filter=Late Breaking

"global struggle against violent extremism"

Very catchy slogan :banana:

I guess they are against violent extremism. But just old fashioned extremism is OK.

nucular said:
"global struggle against violent extremism"

Very catchy slogan :banana:

I guess they are against violent extremism. But just old fashioned extremism is OK.
Assholes----GSAVE is such a lousy damn acronym---could we lose the S you think? It would be more appropriate and make sense.

no1tovote4 said:
Let's coin our own term. I call it the WOE or War on Extremism.

Excellent slogan. Much better than "war on terror" because it deals with the root causes. Stop extremism before it becomes terror.

Forum List

Back