White House, Dems Finalize Deal for Automaker Bailout

:clap2:

It won't clear it up for some people, because some people are incapable of contemplating or even comprehending logic. But well said, nonetheless.

We do not in any way, however, support the government forcing one group of people to help another group. That's what these bailouts represent, and it's morally and Constitutionally wrong.

So you guys are against the progressive tax?

Do you think a person that makes $500 million dollars a year should only pay $1 million in taxes?

Otherwise, you believe in a progressive tax.

How about this. Do you disagree that a person can become too rich for democracy?

ThomHartmann.com - How Rich is Too Rich For Democracy?

The more I learn about Libertarians, the more I don't like them. Not as people, but as a party.

well, if I didn't know any better I'd suspect you just threatened revolution. cause you don't get your way everyday?? really?

Editec is right. If/When enough people are disinfranchised by the system, be prepared for revolution.

And don't worry, because you'll be revolting with us.

You only think you are one of them. Trust me, when it gets that bad, it'll be too late for you too.

No more sitting at home watching The View/Rosie/Ellen/Tyra & Oprah.

We do not in any way, however, support the government forcing one group of people to help another group. That's what these bailouts represent, and it's morally and Constitutionally wrong.

So you guys are against the progressive tax?

Do you think a person that makes $500 million dollars a year should only pay $1 million in taxes?

Otherwise, you believe in a progressive tax.

How about this. Do you disagree that a person can become too rich for democracy?

ThomHartmann.com - How Rich is Too Rich For Democracy?

The more I learn about Libertarians, the more I don't like them. Not as people, but as a party.

We want lower taxes for everyone. We want to abolish the Income Tax and the IRS for starters.

sealybobo said:
It's mostly based on lies, or facts from back when Carter was president. All the Dems are weak on national defense stuff. Complete BS.

Thanks to Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'reilly or Glen Beck or Hannity or Ann Coulter.

If you don't realize it, that means the GOP did a really GOOD subtle job at slandering us. How about Pat Buchanan. There are books written about this stuff.
Maybe the dems deserved to be slandered. I take it as a personal thing when dems or reps refused to defend a private citizen as it was in my case. It was the dems here that run this state. They protected and assisted the bank and others. The dems were so happy here to get that new WF arena and give away public funds for WF to locate their Home Mortgage center here that they could care less what was going on when they did it. It is not all Rush or Bill. Some people are not that stupid as to believe the propaganda in the airways no matter who being pushed into the public spotlight.

We want lower taxes for everyone. We want to abolish the Income Tax and the IRS for starters.

I think you guys go too far in the way of cutting social services/programs for the poor/needy.

But as far as abolishing the IRS and Income Tax and of course the Federal Reserve, I'm completely on board with that one.

I think you guys go too far in the way of cutting social services/programs for the poor/needy.

But as far as abolishing the IRS and Income Tax and of course the Federal Reserve, I'm completely on board with that one.

Personal responsibility over the nanny state...

You want something... earn it and work for it... don't think you are owed it in a government program at the expense of others

Eliminate the entitlement mantra... eliminate the entitlement programs (corporate and personal)...

Support the charities OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL that help those who you feel require some sort of help or leg up...

And if income tax does remain... tax each person an equal percentage on every dollar earned.... no punishment tax system for Robin hood reasons.. everyone pays the same share of every dollar.. no exceptions

Last edited:
When middle class Republicans finally realize that Reagan's war on the middle class is also against them, they just might wake up.

Maybe.

Maybe the dems deserved to be slandered. I take it as a personal thing when dems or reps refused to defend a private citizen as it was in my case. It was the dems here that run this state. They protected and assisted the bank and others. The dems were so happy here to get that new WF arena and give away public funds for WF to locate their Home Mortgage center here that they could care less what was going on when they did it. It is not all Rush or Bill. Some people are not that stupid as to believe the propaganda in the airways no matter who being pushed into the public spotlight.

Oh stop acting like the Libertarians wouldn't be just as corrupt. They nominated that scumbag Barr. He represents the 90's GOP that I hated almost as much as I hate the Bush/Delay/Abramoff era.

The debate America is having right now is off topic, imo. They got us arguing about unions when it's the rich and powerful that are fleecing the American middle class.

The tax code as it is right now is fucked. Corporations and mega rich are not paying their fair share of taxes. Bush didn't fix the tax system, he made it worse. At least with all his spending. Had he spent less, maybe it would have worked, but he didn't. And it wasn't all on defense.

You either get it at this point or you don't. America was fleeced by the top 1% Modern Age Robber Barons.

No one answered these questions. I'd like to see them answered.

One reason I would rather stand with a union if I had to make a choice is becasue most union people understand everyone needs to be able to live.

Oh stop acting like the Libertarians wouldn't be just as corrupt. They nominated that scumbag Barr. He represents the 90's GOP that I hated almost as much as I hate the Bush/Delay/Abramoff era.

The debate America is having right now is off topic, imo. They got us arguing about unions when it's the rich and powerful that are fleecing the American middle class.

The tax code as it is right now is fucked. Corporations and mega rich are not paying their fair share of taxes. Bush didn't fix the tax system, he made it worse. At least with all his spending. Had he spent less, maybe it would have worked, but he didn't. And it wasn't all on defense.

You either get it at this point or you don't. America was fleeced by the top 1% Modern Age Robber Barons.
I used to be a repuclican. Now I just stand on the sidelines and watch for the corrupt to go to jail.

I agree with you many corporations are not paying their fair share.

It was not just ultra rich trying to smoosh unions. I heard about this a few yeasr back from some long time reps that really do not have a pot to piss in or a window to toss it out of.

When middle class Republicans finally realize that Reagan's war on the middle class is also against them, they just might wake up.

Maybe.

Thank God the people in Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Colarado and every other former red state that went blue. Finally they woke up. Now will they get dumb again and vote for Mitt or Jeb in 2012? Probably. Look how they forgot Daddy bush sucked and they voted for his son rather than Gore, after Clinton/Gore gave us 8 great years.

They should have woke up sooner, like before the 2004 election, but better late than never.

Republicans/Conservatives need to wake up and realize how this recession happened. When the GOP ran everything from 2000-2006, appointed all Bush's cronies to Freddy & Fannie mack, and every other government agency, deregulated all the rules that were in place specifically to prevent such things from happening. But even still they have the balls to say it was Clinton or Carter? Luckily, no one is buying that.

We should NEVER let them rewrite history. Over the next 4 years they will revise and spin everything that happened.

The thing that makes me the most angry is when they say, "everyone has to share in the blame". Boy would they love that. Then no one would continue to look to see exactly what happened. Because when that happens, we'll see it was all GOP operatives.

I thank the GOP for making us liberals tougher and smarter. No more will we sit by and assume everyone knows what they are saying is crap. Most American voters are under informed and easily manipulated. The GOP lied about Dukakis and he took it, and he lost. They did the same to Kerry. They did the same to Gore. As if he actually said he invented the Internet.

America woke up, but they have narcolepsy.

They don't? Well I reckon the sane one's don't. so I mostly agree.

But when we have people who tell us point blank that they're okay with people starving on the streets because they're losers?

Well, I gotta tell you Xsited, that doesn't do sane libertarianism much good.

The moment I read some person telling me that the millions of workers who have lost their jobs in the last year or so are just losers, and if but only they're studied something else in school?

Well libertarianism go fuck itself, know what I mean?

That I got mine get yours, Jack, nonsense gets people killed, you know.

There are no gates in any gated community tall enough to save any of us, if enough Americans are disenfranchised by the system.

It keeps getting worse, and many of you not only thinks that's okay, you seem to take a delight in the suffering of your fellow Americans.

Such shortsightness is a disease among those who often identify themselves as libertarians.

Remember, Xisted, it isn't just libertarians who have guns.

:cuckoo:

Neil Cavuto just said this auto bail out deal is tanking cause of this Illinois corruption scandal... .. ... ..... .. ...

Republicans/Conservatives need to wake up and realize how this recession happened. When the GOP ran everything from 2000-2006, appointed all Bush's cronies to Freddy & Fannie mack, and every other government agency, deregulated all the rules that were in place specifically to prevent such things from happening. But even still they have the balls to say it was Clinton or Carter? Luckily, no one is buying that.

You can say it all you want bobo, but it doesn't make it true. Republicans are no more to blame than Democrats, and vice versa. The main culprit is the Federal Reserve.

Personal responsibility over the nanny state...

You want something... earn it and work for it... don't think you are owed it in a government program at the expense of others

Eliminate the entitlement mantra... eliminate the entitlement programs (corporate and personal)...

Support the charities OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL that help those who you feel require some sort of help or leg up...

And if income tax does remain... tax each person an equal percentage on every dollar earned.... no punishment tax system for Robin hood reasons.. everyone pays the same share of every dollar.. no exceptions

Everyone, take a look at what this guy says. Study it. Research the ideas he's spewing. I think you'll find that America was this way before social security.

Look into why social security came to be. Because many Americans were dying without dignity.

Now if it were a perfect world and the government only spent on absolute necessities and we had the debt paid off, I might be more inclinded to agree with him.

But when the debt keeps doubling every year and the rich own the federal reserve and therefore own us, I'll be damned if I'll agree to cut their taxes or do away with our progressive tax.

Progressive means the rich pay more and the poor pay less. That's how America works best. It can be every man for himself, but as we have seen over the past 8 years, we fall into the HAVE NOTS category. I'm just a worker bee.

Hell, even people like my brother who makes $400K a year voted for Obama. He too is worried his job will go overseas. Or that his company will go bankrupt.

Actually, his company is coming out of Chapter 11. lol. Big 3 supplier out of Ohio.

Everyone, take a look at what this guy says. Study it. Research the ideas he's spewing. I think you'll find that America was this way before social security.

Look into why social security came to be. Because many Americans were dying without dignity.

Now if it were a perfect world and the government only spent on absolute necessities and we had the debt paid off, I might be more inclinded to agree with him.

But when the debt keeps doubling every year and the rich own the federal reserve and therefore own us, I'll be damned if I'll agree to cut their taxes or do away with our progressive tax.

Progressive means the rich pay more and the poor pay less. That's how America works best. It can be every man for himself, but as we have seen over the past 8 years, we fall into the HAVE NOTS category. I'm just a worker bee.

Hell, even people like my brother who makes $400K a year voted for Obama. He too is worried his job will go overseas. Or that his company will go bankrupt.

Actually, his company is coming out of Chapter 11. lol. Big 3 supplier out of Ohio.

more than that I'm watching you, you been on here running your mouth all day and making a paycheck,,,, somebody who really needs to work could use that paycheck and earn it too.. bobo

You can say it all you want bobo, but it doesn't make it true. Republicans are no more to blame than Democrats, and vice versa. The main culprit is the Federal Reserve.

Ok, then I have to convince you that the good old boys who run the federal reserve are republicans.

The richest men/bankers in the world own the federal Reserve.

Certainly the GOP's policies are more in line with the Federal Reserve than the Dems, right?

Greenspan helped Bush sell us on the Iraq war. He later came out after he retired and admitted that Iraq was about $/oil, not WMD's or anything else.

And Greenspan only worked for the Fed. The people that own the Fed own America, Europe, etc.

I think they are trying to get the Middle East to buy into the New World Order/World Bank stuff. That's what those wars are about.

And they are why Hugo Chavez called Bush the devil. The FEDS tried to take over Venezuela and Chavez told them to fuck off and Chavez claims Bush tried to get his assassinated.

Would you put it past Bush?

I say Chaney sent out the Anthrax. If you look at the timing, who got mailed Anthrax and how quickly the Bush camp tried to blame Saddam, it all suggests Chaney is the anthrax killer.

well, folks here's a news flash,, Neil Cavuto just said that BOA (which we have thrown bailout money to) has announced it plans to lay off 35,000 workers.. So bailout don't save jobs.. do you get that?? that auto makers are fuck ups,, money won't save jobs from fuck ups..

Last edited:
Ok, then I have to convince you that the good old boys who run the federal reserve are republicans.

The richest men/bankers in the world own the federal Reserve.

Certainly the GOP's policies are more in line with the Federal Reserve than the Dems, right?

Greenspan helped Bush sell us on the Iraq war. He later came out after he retired and admitted that Iraq was about $/oil, not WMD's or anything else.

And Greenspan only worked for the Fed. The people that own the Fed own America, Europe, etc.

I think they are trying to get the Middle East to buy into the New World Order/World Bank stuff. That's what those wars are about.

And they are why Hugo Chavez called Bush the devil. The FEDS tried to take over Venezuela and Chavez told them to fuck off and Chavez claims Bush tried to get his assassinated.

Would you put it past Bush?

I say Chaney sent out the Anthrax. If you look at the timing, who got mailed Anthrax and how quickly the Bush camp tried to blame Saddam, it all suggests Chaney is the anthrax killer.

Tell me what the Democrats intend to do about the Federal Reserve then. Nothing? Exactly. The Democrats voted, just as many Republicans voted, to give the Fed the power to bailout failed banks. And Obama supported it as well.

Forum List

Back