White House deal with big Pharma?

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
A memo obtained by the Huffington Post confirms that the White House and the pharmaceutical lobby secretly agreed to precisely the sort of wide-ranging deal that both parties have been denying over the past week.

The memo, which according to a knowledgeable health care lobbyist was prepared by a person directly involved in the negotiations, lists exactly what the White House gave up, and what it got in return.

Huffington Post

original.jpg

The right is waving this memo, sourced to anonymous person and claim that this not only proves Obama and the Democrats are lying, but also that the White House may have broken more than just campaign promises with these dealings.

The left is denying that any of these things happen.

What do you think?

I think it's bad. I don't like it. Firedog Lake found it, so it isn't the righties that are pushing it.

I don't like Rahm Emmanuel.

Ame®icano;1491655 said:
A memo obtained by the Huffington Post confirms that the White House and the pharmaceutical lobby secretly agreed to precisely the sort of wide-ranging deal that both parties have been denying over the past week.

The memo, which according to a knowledgeable health care lobbyist was prepared by a person directly involved in the negotiations, lists exactly what the White House gave up, and what it got in return.

Huffington Post

original.jpg

The right is waving this memo, sourced to anonymous person and claim that this not only proves Obama and the Democrats are lying, but also that the White House may have broken more than just campaign promises with these dealings.

What do you think?

I'l wait on this one, though it's not far fetched nor would it be surprising. However the timing it too coincidental. I'd like to see what the White House counters with and if the blogs come up with more information, until then though it is an interesting find.

That is patently untrue, it's the left that is pissed. The right is fine with it because it leads to a dilution or total deletion of the public option.

That is patently untrue, it's the left that is pissed. The right is fine with it because it leads to a dilution or total deletion of the public option.

Both parties lied about it. They did not withhold information about the deal, they actively lied to the public in agreement with each other, and both parties, after all, have to agree to lie before one goes forward in the lie about the deal.

Who's at fault there?

I think we're talking branches of Government here rather than parties. The WH and the right side of the aisle in congress were ok with it, the left side of congress is not, specifically the House. The Senate......wtf knows? They are on their own side......assholes.

Where there is a smoke...

In return, Big Pharma isn't just supporting universal healthcare. It's also spending lots of money on TV and radio advertising in support. Sunday's New York Times reports that Big Pharma has budgeted $150 million for TV ads promoting universal health insurance, starting this August (that's more money than John McCain spent on TV advertising in last year's presidential campaign), after having already spent a bundle through advocacy groups like Healthy Economies Now and Families USA.

Salon.com

I'm thinking, since when is president allowed to enter into any secret deals with corporations?

Ame®icano;1492103 said:

In return, Big Pharma isn't just supporting universal healthcare. It's also spending lots of money on TV and radio advertising in support. Sunday's New York Times reports that Big Pharma has budgeted $150 million for TV ads promoting universal health insurance, starting this August (that's more money than John McCain spent on TV advertising in last year's presidential campaign), after having already spent a bundle through advocacy groups like Healthy Economies Now and Families USA.

Salon.com

I'm thinking, since when is president allowed to enter into any secret deals with corporations?

They all do. What we need is a President that provides transparency to the people.

Ame®icano;1492103 said:

Salon.com

They all do. What we need is a President that provides transparency to the people.
for real, not just in words only

Ame®icano;1492103 said:

Salon.com

Whats one more campaign promise broken?...

Just add it to the list...

Ame®icano;1492103 said:

Salon.com

or Rahm? It stinks.

Forum List

Back