White House credits stimulus with up to 2M jobs

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific

Obama highlighting White House report saying up to 2m jobs created or saved by stimulus
ap

Mark S. Smith, Associated Press Writer, On Wednesday January 13, 2010, 7:05 am

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is trumpeting a new White House estimate that his top economist calls "stunning": His stimulus plan has already created or saved up to 2 million jobs.

The analysis is part of the administration's quarterly report to Congress on the controversial $787 billion package of spending and tax cuts he signed weeks after taking office.

Obama planned to highlight the report Wednesday during a visit to a Lanham, Md., training center for union electricians that specializes in "green" technology.

Republicans have denounced the stimulus plan as an expensive flop,

More lies from Obama and his totally corrupt administration. His free money dole out to the Fat Cats may have saved some jobs, but it most certainly did not create two million jobs. Obama is so damned corrupt that he can lie openly and keep a straight face. I watched him, and his eyes and facial muscles gave the impression that he honestly believed what he was saying. What a lying sack of shit.

They're smoking crack on this one. There's just no way to make that kind of estimate in any reliable manner. They're making a guess and there's no way of testing it. I doubt if many economists or statisticians take this seriously.

"Up to 2 Million Jobs Created" could also mean that "Zero Jobs Have Been Created".

Just in case you didn't know.

What next...?

...And the White House Press Secretary Gibbs came out today and said they created 3 trillion jobs today with a $1.85 found in Obama's pocket because he is just so godlike.

Last edited:

In other news, the bumper coconut crop this year was credited to the extra vestal virgin thrown into the volcano last spring.

Hey, now THAT is more believable.
I thought the White House was cutting out the "saved or created" rubric in all press announcements? I saw that somewhere.
It is totally bogus. It is the White House whistling past the graveyard. Their programs and policies have cost jobs, continue to cost jobs, and will continue to cost jobs.
It is pretty simple: no one will hire when the cost to hire in largely unknown. And it is largely unknown because no one knows what legislation pending in Congress will do to the cost of hiring.

Obama highlighting White House report saying up to 2m jobs created or saved by stimulus
ap

Mark S. Smith, Associated Press Writer, On Wednesday January 13, 2010, 7:05 am

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is trumpeting a new White House estimate that his top economist calls "stunning": His stimulus plan has already created or saved up to 2 million jobs.

The analysis is part of the administration's quarterly report to Congress on the controversial $787 billion package of spending and tax cuts he signed weeks after taking office.

Obama planned to highlight the report Wednesday during a visit to a Lanham, Md., training center for union electricians that specializes in "green" technology.

Republicans have denounced the stimulus plan as an expensive flop,

Created or saved??? Hmmmmmmmmmm what's that saved mean? More Hokey pokey from the WH..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The initial reports of the actual awarded grants were generally focused in state and local agencies. The initial reports of Obama-Biden were "jobs" for cops, teachers, and state and municipal workers. Those were reports of saved jobs.

It is not entirely clear to anyone just why they were "saved,' or if this was some nature of religious message. The teachers caused it all, the state and municipal workers: Then made what the teachers had caused, public policy. Then the now-famous cops made sure that everyone else was in compliance: With what the teachers had initially caused, and the state and municipal workers had made public policy.

People who hate America: Then actually kept the money, supportive of the law of America!

This worked for a lot of people, who are best now regarded the recipients of "preservative" largesse.

Low-income persons were not recipients of "preservative" largesse: But managed to make themselves, well-preserved!

Civilization does this to people, even historically: Even in the old Soviet Bloc!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Rich, light-skinned blacks now have, (Reagan Trajectoring). preservatives in abundance(?), and in entire banks--not jars and cans. The "light-skinned" ethnicity crap, however: Has limitations! Now there is need--more light-skinned black, code words(?)!)

Last edited:
I want to know just exactly what Mr Obamas definition of a saved job is. How the hell do you decide that a job has been saved?

My guess is that Obama hired some guy to install a dart board. And another guy to throw the darts. maybe even another guy to retrieve them. That's 3 jobs; and whatever number the guy throws is how may jobs are saved each day.

Got to be as close as any other guess they make.

Is the new Obama definition of a job, standing in the unemployment line filling out paperwork and waiting for the check?

I want to know just exactly what Mr Obamas definition of a saved job is. How the hell do you decide that a job has been saved?

My guess is that Obama hired some guy to install a dart board. And another guy to throw the darts. maybe even another guy to retrieve them. That's 3 jobs; and whatever number the guy throws is how may jobs are saved each day.

no he hired another 1,999,997 other people to watch this he calls them government inspectors

no he hired another 1,999,997 other people to watch this he calls them government inspectors

Of course, I forgot about the inspectors, after all someone has to make sure the score is tallied correctly.

Forum List

Back