White House claims ObamaCare fine a 'penalty,' despite court calling it a 'tax'

BS. WTH are you talking about lol? Link?

LOL. No, I think your ignorance and obtuseness is hilarious. And you are an interested and well informed GOPer. Ha ha.

Quoted from you own article.

But as someone from the left, you are to arrogant to actually engage.

You are beyond uninformed.
BS. and doesn't make any sense, either. lol

Let's see the proof I watch RW TV.

Besides being a liar, you are a fraud.

Teacher....lol.
Or you don't watch or read anything and just go round and round mindlessly on message boards...about the same thing.

I read your link moron......

You, apparently, didn't bother to put that much effort out before you shot off your big lying mouth.
"62% had over $5000 in debt"? WTF? link or any idea what you're talking about? And that's as much debt as they CAN HAVE with the annual cap you never heard of. What lies, LIAR/total waste of time? Read something, dupe.

Quoted from you own article.

But as someone from the left, you are to arrogant to actually engage.

You are beyond uninformed.

Teacher....lol.
Or you don't watch or read anything and just go round and round mindlessly on message boards...about the same thing.

You, apparently, didn't bother to put that much effort out before you shot off your big lying mouth.
"62% had over $5000 in debt"? WTF? link or any idea what you're talking about? And that's as much debt as they CAN HAVE with the annual cap you never heard of. What lies, LIAR/total waste of time? Read something, dupe.

This is from your link on post 114:

They concluded that 62.1 percent of the bankruptcies were medically related because the individuals either had more than $5,000 (or 10 percent of their pretax income) in medical bills, mortgaged their home to pay for medical bills, or lost significant income due to an illness.

It's that simple...moron.

Who wants to break it to him that that article is from 2009 - five years before full implementation of the PPACA?

Teacher....lol.

They concluded that 62.1 percent of the bankruptcies were medically related because the individuals either had more than $5,000 (or 10 percent of their pretax income) in medical bills, mortgaged their home to pay for medical bills, or lost significant income due to an illness.

What is your point, and what is my lie? lol

It's still not fully implemented.

They also say that 60% medically related bankruptcy rate was already going down. Now is WAY down.

Maybe if he expended less energy trying to get other posters to put me on Ignore he'd know what year it was. :dunno:

Teacher....lol.

What is your point, and what is my lie? lol

There have been several points made here:

1. You are to stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.
2. You are really good about calling people names...but you never produce posts that support your blathering claims.
3. You said my claim was B.S. when I pulled it right out of your own link.
4. The bottom line is that your link says what it says about people going into bankruptcy over medical bills...when Obamacare plans have deductibles above that threshold. You can't connect the dots. I get that.

1. You are to stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.
2. You are really good about calling people names...

ironymeter.jpg

They also say that 60% medically related bankruptcy rate was already going down. Now is WAY down.

Really?

Medical Bills

The number one reason bankruptcy occurs is medical bills. It's understandable; it's an unexpected and sudden situation, and we assume health insurance can cover. The debt piles up as you struggle to pay monthly bills, and it gets so bad that bankruptcy is the only way out. One major injury and consider your entire savings, checking, retirement, home equity, and college funds depleted. Seventy-eight percent of medical bill bankruptcies come from people who have health insurance.

Top Causes For Bankruptcy Filing

And the number of people weighed down by medical debt is staggering. According to Lisa Kaess, an economist and the creator of Feminomics, which focuses on practical and policy issues relating to economic and financial themes for women, “Nearly two-thirds of the people that file for bankruptcy do so because of a health crisis. Sixty-two percent of those actually have health insurance. So unexpected health crises can be financially devastating.”

Top 5 Causes of Bankruptcy: Are You at Risk? - Healthplans.com

Really?

Medical Bills

The number one reason bankruptcy occurs is medical bills. It's understandable; it's an unexpected and sudden situation, and we assume health insurance can cover. The debt piles up as you struggle to pay monthly bills, and it gets so bad that bankruptcy is the only way out. One major injury and consider your entire savings, checking, retirement, home equity, and college funds depleted. Seventy-eight percent of medical bill bankruptcies come from people who have health insurance.

And the number of people weighed down by medical debt is staggering. According to Lisa Kaess, an economist and the creator of Feminomics, which focuses on practical and policy issues relating to economic and financial themes for women, “Nearly two-thirds of the people that file for bankruptcy do so because of a health crisis. Sixty-two percent of those actually have health insurance. So unexpected health crises can be financially devastating.”

No one's disputing that medical bills are a major cause of bankruptcy (well, except maybe Sunny, but he doesn't even know what year this is). The question is whether or not they're as egregious as they were prior to implementation of the PPACA. In order to determine that, you'd have to tease out those who are still paying off debt incurred prior to 2014, but no one here is willing (or able?) to do that.

Really?

Medical Bills

No one's disputing that medical bills are a major cause of bankruptcy (well, except maybe Sunny, but he doesn't even know what year this is). The question is whether or not they're as egregious as they were prior to implementation of the PPACA. In order to determine that, you'd have to tease out those who are still paying off debt incurred prior to 2014, but no one here is willing (or able?) to do that.

The 60% in 2013 was documented a few places, these numbers are higher. It is possible people carried the debt from years past though. However, many people are trying to control health insurance costs with high deductibles and then find out they can't pay the medical bills.

Really?

Medical Bills

Not any more. Thanks Obama.

Teacher....lol.

AND? lol. Much fewer now, Thanks Obama. Most had a helluva lot MORE than $5k duh.

Really?

Medical Bills

The 60% in 2013 was documented a few places, these numbers are higher. It is possible people carried the debt from years past though. However, many people are trying to control health insurance costs with high deductibles and then find out they can't pay the medical bills.
High deductibles and an annual cap, the way it was going before O-Care. Now people can AFFORD IT. And it's guaranteed.

Will only get better with transparent competition and regulation on insurers. When Pubs and crony insurers allow.

You nailed the last part. With the additional power and security afforded them at our expense, via ACA, we will only ever get what "Pubs and crony insurers allow". That's what's so fucked up about it. It does the exact opposite of your fantasy. It elevates the power of politicians and their cronies. That's why it was passed.

Teacher....lol.

AND? lol. Much fewer now, Thanks Obama. Most had a helluva lot MORE than $5k duh.

It must be great living denial.

Saves you the issue of understanding how the real world works.

Teacher ? now that deserves an lol.

Really?

Medical Bills

High deductibles and an annual cap, the way it was going before O-Care. Now people can AFFORD IT. And it's guaranteed.

Can I laugh any harder.

Now people can AFFORD IT....that's rich.

In Latest Obamacare Fiasco, Most Low-Income Workers Can't Afford "Affordable Care Act" | Zero Hedge
I Can’t Afford My Obamacare Deductible. Now What?
Many Americans can't afford Obamacare: Aetna CEO

You are now on ignore.

You are a mindless left-wing moron who has no problem taking from others.

You are a good name caller for someone who has a 51 word vocabulary (that includes the word "pub"....)

But beyond that, you really are a non-contributor and I suspect those around you would see you the same way.

Big mouth.

No brain.

Forum List

Back