White House calls for a better busines plan from GM

Oh yeah, the private market GM business plan that has the company on the verge of bankruptcy has been working so well, not to mention Chrysler, which pretty much already is belly-up.

You don't have to be a McKinsey consultant to understand that this business model has to change.

wages.jpg

You don't have to be a McKinsey consultant to understand that this business model has to change.

our friend editec thinks American workers weren't getting paid ENOUGH thats why ( according to editec ) they had to start borrowing money ...

i can't read any more of his posts.

i can't take it.

Last edited:
GM shares down 25%. That's a few hundred bucks down the tubes.

dude, you've got brass balls.

Shame they are where my brain ought to be! Ah, well, we've only got about $1000 worth of GM.

On the other hand, since yesterday this whole fiasco is dragging down my mutuals as well, which is more annoying. What caused this sudden volte-face in the market? Did our esteemed know-it-all POTUS open his fucking yap again by any chance? I haven't been keeping up with the news over the last few days.

OK, I just read this thread properly. Now I understand. Nothing makes more sense in stormy seas than pulling the plug out of the boat.

I really do not understand the Union issue well. Did not GM lose 73 Billion dollars since 2005. Yet Wagoner main job was to keep rewriting the union contract as an arguement that it will help the nation survive.

For the anti-union guys, wake up. The unions existed long before Wagoner came there, yet GM problems from lost Market shares (33 % to 18%) and lack of competition and vision took on significant shape under Wagoner.

In other words, this is a management problem, not a "UNION" problem. Getting rid of Wagoner maybe the best idea since the problems arrived only after WAGONER came along.

I really do not understand the Union issue well. Did not GM lose 73 Billion dollars since 2005. Yet Wagoner main job was to keep rewriting the union contract as an arguement that it will help the nation survive.

For the anti-union guys, wake up. The unions existed long before Wagoner came there, yet GM problems from lost Market shares (33 % to 18%) and lack of competition and vision took on significant shape under Wagoner.

In other words, this is a management problem, not a "UNION" problem. Getting rid of Wagoner maybe the best idea since the problems arrived only after WAGONER came along.

I have no problem with RW going. I don't like how it's been handled though.

as part of the union deal everyone gets a pension....every year people retire.....every year the costs of labour and pensions increase.....revenue has not been able to keep pace with labour and pension costs......

i don't know where you work but imagine everyone that has ever worked there that is still alive and has retired and you are still paying them and covering their health care ...

no wonder they have failed.....

who the hell is obama? this man has to be stopped hes going to ruin the once wonderfull nation in no time

Has to be "stopped?" :eusa_eh:

Let me tell you something, kid. The only way Obama is going to be stopped is if the American people no longer want him as President in 2012. Until then, keep your subtle assassination threats to yourself you coward.

1) Dont call me kid
2) Read the constitution, Theres something called Impeachment, where if the people dont feel the president is doing its job then we have the power to remove him from office
3) where did the assasination idea arise?
4) When youre done fantisising about obama rescuing you from your problems, reread my post.

President Obama said Monday his administration has "no intention" of running General Motors, even as the White House demanded the resignation of the automaker's CEO and called for a "better business plan" before considering lending more .

Obama Says He Has 'No Intention' of Running General Motors - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Who is reviewing these business plans? Do they have any real-world experience? Do they have any experience in the auto industry?

Excellent question, xsited.

I'm more than just a little dubious of this administration's ability to solve the big three's problems, too.

I think their problems are so systemic that no plan short of a total rethink of what they're doing is going to work, and they do NOT have that option or the time to create that option, either.

I think they're going down, folks.

The only reason FORD is going down, I am informed, is because they borrowed a lot of cheap money BEFORE the economic meltdown manifested.

But apparently they might be next, too.

I hope not, of course, but hoping in one hand and...well, you know.

who the hell is obama? this man has to be stopped hes going to ruin the once wonderfull nation in no time

Let me tell you something, kid. The only way Obama is going to be stopped is if the American people no longer want him as President in 2012. Until then, keep your subtle assassination threats to yourself you coward.

Or really? And you know he didn't mean "impeachment" how? You *ass*ume too much. Get a grip.

Impeachment. :lol:

Riiiiight. Because the Democratic Congress is really thinking about impeaching Obama. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or really? And you know he didn't mean "impeachment" how? You *ass*ume too much. Get a grip.

Impeachment. :lol:

Riiiiight. Because the Democratic Congress is really thinking about impeaching Obama. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Such your liberal mouth. you need to reread the constitution, i dont think you realize how much power the people really have. but then again you probably beleive in a centralized government anyway

1) Dont call me kid
2) Read the constitution, Theres something called Impeachment, where if the people dont feel the president is doing its job then we have the power to remove him from office
4) When youre done fantisising about obama rescuing you from your problems, reread my post.

i don't recall the constitution allowing impeachment of a president because the people don't feel the president is doing a good job

perhaps you can show me where in the constitution it allows that

1) Dont call me kid
4) When youre done fantisising about obama rescuing you from your problems, reread my

post.

i don't recall the constitution allowing impeachment of a president because the people don't feel the president is doing a good job

Ok, let me take this on from another angle. Read this:

"...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it..."

1) Dont call me kid
4) When youre done fantisising about obama rescuing you from your problems, reread my

post.

"...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it..."

are you claiming those words are in the constitution? the constitution, at least as i recall, is very specific about impeachmetn and the grounds thereof.

are you claiming those words are in the constitution? the constitution, at least as i recall, is very specific about impeachmetn and the grounds thereof.

No im very well imformed that that quote was me copy and pasting it from the declaration of independence. I said let me take this from another angle. Im quite aware of whats in the constitution, All im saying is the amount of people who are against this, as the quote says we have the right to alter that destructive government. Im aware saying impeachment was maybe ignorent of me to say but we can change the government

1) Dont call me kid

The consitution allows for impeachment of a POTUS for any reason that Congress can come up with.

We've seen impeachments which were entirely political over and over again, so pretendding that the POTUS has to commit a high crime is a fruitless argument.

Anything can be construed as a "misdemeanor", folks.

No im very well imformed that that quote was me copy and pasting it from the declaration of independence. I said let me take this from another angle. Im quite aware of whats in the constitution, All im saying is the amount of people who are against this, as the quote says we have the right to alter that destructive government. Im aware saying impeachment was maybe ignorent of me to say but we can change the government

so then you're saying that you were mistaken that the constitution allows the people to impeach/remove a president simply because we don't approve the way he is handling things? i'm not quite sure what exactly you are saying....

unless you have an armed rebellion, the only way to change the governmetn is with your vote...or if certain government officials to qualify for impeachment

so then you're saying that you were mistaken that the constitution allows the people to impeach/remove a president simply because we don't approve the way he is handling things? i'm not quite sure what exactly you are saying....

I don't know what he's saying, but I AM syaing that Congress has been granted authority by the Constitution's vague wording to remove a POTUS for anything it chooses.

There will be no impeachment at this point - or likely any for that matter.

You do realize that if such a move were attempted (being very speculative here), that the cry of racism would be shouted to the heavens? Not saying that is proper, or fair, but that is what would happen.

We would see rioting - of that I am certain. There would be a Black uprising that eventually would be countered by a White uprising.

It would be brutal.

There was an author who wrote a speculative book on this issue back in the 1990s - I can't recall his name though I actually met him at a reading. He was convinced that such a racial uprising would take place within the next 50 years in America, and throughout parts of Europe. He stated for our nation it would be primarily between Black and White, and in Europe between nationalists and a rising tide of immigrants - that long standing animosity and fears have been festering for generations and one significant spark would ignite an ever-spreading flame of outright racial conflict.

At the time, I found his premise both outdated, and disjointed from sound reason - a study based more upon science fiction than any historical accuracy.

Now......

Forum List

Back