White House Admits They’re Suing Arizona to Gain Latino Voters…

None of them are president. Only one person has the power to do anything about this. Obama. Dwelling on how we got here will solve nothing. We find ourselves in precisely this mess at precisely this time. The question is whether we have a leader as president or a failure.

Concerning Glenn Beck. I see him referenced here a lot, but I don't watch him. I don't need either someone to tell me what to think or reaffirm what I already think. I'm more educated on the issues than they are an more educated than them period.

Then with all that education, you should realize that it's a complex issue with pros and cons to any approach. Would you agree that history shows us that walls don't work, and that militarizing our border would be unduly burdensome? Would you also agree that our economy has a degree of dependence on illegal immigration?

Here's my theory. It's just a theory, but I'm pretty certain it holds some truth. If we need immigrant workers, why don't we make the visa process easier? Well, I believe it's because when an immigrant is suspected of some sort of riff-raff... Drug/gun running, stealing, harassing women, whatever the case may be... If they're illegal, there is no need to give them process. We can just drag them to the airport by the ear and off they go. Is that a reasonable assertion?

We have a choice....ether allow them to stay and work...but never vote....or make it extremely difficult for them to find work here and they'll leave.

But this BS about giving them amnesty so you can get their relatives votes or maybe even their votes....that has to end.

Oh no doubt. What these threads seem to lose sight of is the fact that "We" - The government, society, whatever - Don't actually want them gone. If "we" did, they could be gone very, very quickly, without walls or military action. Hell, make 90 days mandatory jail time for anyone who hires them illegally. Enforce it 2 or 3 times, and there will be a MASS exodus from this country.

But the BOGSATs have not determined that to be in our best interests, at least not yet. Like I said, aspects of our economy depend on their presence, and they are more convenient here illegally than legally. We want any specific illegal gone, for any or no reason, *poof*. Gone. No court date, no due process - You're illegal, see ya!

Forum List

Back