White House admits defeat in Syria talks

Syria, like Iran, doesn't give a rats ass what the UN or the US has to say about anything.

Personally I could care what happens in Syria. Its an Arab League problem and if they want to go to war with Syria over their human rights violations then let em.

For the record, I don't give a rat's ass (sorry Rat in the Hat) about the UN or what it says or thinks. Air drop weapons and munitions to the rebels at predetermined coordinates already.

Actually the Taliban are stronger now than before we went there, because of our invasion they gained a new pool of people to recruit from who joined the madrassas in Pakistan and Afghanistan, they got to expand to new countries they now have liason offices in Turkey and Qatar for our "peace talks", and they also got alot more money, training and experience from going to war with us, not to mention alot of help from Militants who crossed into Afghanistan from other countries to fight us.

The Taliban is so strong now, that we are trying to make peace with THEM while they continue to attack US. That's called surrender.

A friend of mine who deployed to Afghanistan a few years back told me the Troops pretty much know where the Taliban are, but they don't get orders to go out and get them, let the troops on the ground run this war and we would have been done by now.

Hmmmm. My info is that the Taliban was pretty much routed out of the South into the East where they are safe as there are no orders to go and eliminate them there too. So what you know and what I know are pretty much the same.

Syria, like Iran, doesn't give a rats ass what the UN or the US has to say about anything.

Personally I could care what happens in Syria. Its an Arab League problem and if they want to go to war with Syria over their human rights violations then let em.

For the record, I don't give a rat's ass (sorry Rat in the Hat) about the UN or what it says or thinks. Air drop weapons and munitions to the rebels at predetermined coordinates already.

It is not going to happen. You don't understand why. The rebels wanting to take over Syria are the same kind of fundamentalists that took over Libya and Egypt. They are Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood. They are the same fundamentalist muslims in Chechnya. Assad is a Russian ally and Russia will not permit air drops of ANYTHNG to benefit terrorists. They will shoot down any planes that try. IF and when, the United States becomes so utterly evil and untrustworthy that it allies with islamic terrorists to bring about a war with Russia over it, we don't deserve to survive.

Consistent with this failure.....

"Senior U.S. officials concede that a deal is unlikely this year with Moscow over a disputed American missile defense plan, but they insist that the talks are far from stalled and that plans to begin erecting a shield in Russia's back yard will continue unabated."
U.S. Calls 2012 Deal With Russia on Missile Shield Unlikely - DOTMIL (usnews.com)

Perhaps Obama will take some time out from the 'I-killed-Osama' tour....

....but his "I-killed-Osama tour" is to cover up defeat in Afghanistan.....:eusa_whistle:

And make no mistake about it...Afghanistan is by the very definition of the word - a defeat. We lost. Killing some of their leaders and forcing them into hiding is not winning. 6 months to a year after we leave - Afghanistan will be right back where they were the day before we arrived. Sure the Taliban or whatever they will call themselves are certainly set back, they are weakened, but the same desire is still there. It is a matter of time before they are back to their former selves.
It was a colossal waste of human life and resources...and Obama is fighting the war as stupidly as Bush did.

What would be a "win" in Afghanistan or Syria?

Seriously?

Go for it.

Geo-politics isn't the football game you conservatives make it out to be.

We "won" in Afghanistan several decades ago, by supporting fanatical religious zealots.

And that "win" was the harbinger of 9/11.

....but his "I-killed-Osama tour" is to cover up defeat in Afghanistan.....:eusa_whistle:

And make no mistake about it...Afghanistan is by the very definition of the word - a defeat. We lost. Killing some of their leaders and forcing them into hiding is not winning. 6 months to a year after we leave - Afghanistan will be right back where they were the day before we arrived. Sure the Taliban or whatever they will call themselves are certainly set back, they are weakened, but the same desire is still there. It is a matter of time before they are back to their former selves.
It was a colossal waste of human life and resources...and Obama is fighting the war as stupidly as Bush did.

What would be a "win" in Afghanistan or Syria?

Seriously?

Go for it.

Geo-politics isn't the football game you conservatives make it out to be.

We "won" in Afghanistan several decades ago, by supporting fanatical religious zealots.

And that "win" was the harbinger of 9/11.

No we didn't win, and aren't winning now.

The best thing to do is get out as soon as possible and cut our many losses.

It is not going to happen. You don't understand why. The rebels wanting to take over Syria are the same kind of fundamentalists that took over Libya and Egypt. They are Al Quaeda and the muslim brotherhood. They are the same fundamentalist muslims in Chechnya. Assad is a Russian ally and Russia will not permit air drops of ANYTHNG to benefit terrorists. They will shoot down any planes that try. IF and when, the United States becomes so utterly evil and untrustworthy that it allies with islamic terrorists to bring about a war with Russia over it, we don't deserve to survive.

Nice that you lumped ALL the rebels into one group. Many of the rebels don't want either. Give them a chance to have elections and decide their own future.

The Taliban is so strong now, that we are trying to make peace with THEM while they continue to attack US. That's called surrender.

A friend of mine who deployed to Afghanistan a few years back told me the Troops pretty much know where the Taliban are, but they don't get orders to go out and get them, let the troops on the ground run this war and we would have been done by now.

Hmmmm. My info is that the Taliban was pretty much routed out of the South into the East where they are safe as there are no orders to go and eliminate them there too. So what you know and what I know are pretty much the same.

The situation in Afghanistan is fucked up, people have no idea what it takes to get permission to go out and actually kill some Taliban. Its not like the movies where people just saddle up and go out into the mountains and start killing people, getting approval to kill a target is a process where you have to go up your chain of command and they have to check and make sure, depending on where the target is it could be as high up as Washington, the longer this war has gone on the more red tape and beauracratic bullshit we have put on our Troops in this war, basically handcuffing their hands behind their back. My friend told me their base would get mortared and shot at for days, by the time they got permission to go out and clear the area where the mortars and bullets were coming from of course the guys who did it were long gone, its a fucking wild goose chase and its a war we really don't want to win, we are more concerned about being nice to the enemy than winning.

Nice that you lumped ALL the rebels into one group. Many of the rebels don't want either. Give them a chance to have elections and decide their own future.

I don't think all the rebels are terrorists however there have been suicide bombings in Syria lately against Assad's troops, are these really the kind of people we want to be throwing money and arms on?

Forum List

Back