White House admits defeat in Syria talks

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Syria, like Iran, doesn't give a rats ass what the UN or the US has to say about anything.

Personally I could care what happens in Syria. Its an Arab League problem and if they want to go to war with Syria over their human rights violations then let em.

Syria, like Iran, doesn't give a rats ass what the UN or the US has to say about anything.

Personally I could care what happens in Syria. Its an Arab League problem and if they want to go to war with Syria over their human rights violations then let em.

Damn straight. I would join a riot if we sent troops into Syria.
A lot more innocent people are dying in South/Central America than in Syria.

I don't blame them, the UN is a bunch of pussies and empty suits, of course the Syrians weren't going to listen to those lame UN cease fires and peace plans, Saddam didn't listen to them in the 90's either.

Damn straight. I would join a riot if we sent troops into Syria.
A lot more innocent people are dying in South/Central America than in Syria.

I don't want our men and women anywhere near that shit hole.:mad:

Consistent with this failure.....

"Senior U.S. officials concede that a deal is unlikely this year with Moscow over a disputed American missile defense plan, but they insist that the talks are far from stalled and that plans to begin erecting a shield in Russia's back yard will continue unabated."
U.S. Calls 2012 Deal With Russia on Missile Shield Unlikely - DOTMIL (usnews.com)

Perhaps Obama will take some time out from the 'I-killed-Osama' tour....

Don't think the fact that he gave the nod to kill UBL is gonna get him re elected.

"Senior U.S. officials concede that a deal is unlikely this year with Moscow over a disputed American missile defense plan, but they insist that the talks are far from stalled and that plans to begin erecting a shield in Russia's back yard will continue unabated."
U.S. Calls 2012 Deal With Russia on Missile Shield Unlikely - DOTMIL (usnews.com)

....but his "I-killed-Osama tour" is to cover up defeat in Afghanistan.....:eusa_whistle:

....but his "I-killed-Osama tour" is to cover up defeat in Afghanistan.....:eusa_whistle:

And make no mistake about it...Afghanistan is by the very definition of the word - a defeat. We lost. Killing some of their leaders and forcing them into hiding is not winning. 6 months to a year after we leave - Afghanistan will be right back where they were the day before we arrived. Sure the Taliban or whatever they will call themselves are certainly set back, they are weakened, but the same desire is still there. It is a matter of time before they are back to their former selves.
It was a colossal waste of human life and resources...and Obama is fighting the war as stupidly as Bush did.

And make no mistake about it...Afghanistan is by the very definition of the word - a defeat. We lost. Killing some of their leaders and forcing them into hiding is not winning. 6 months to a year after we leave - Afghanistan will be right back where they were the day before we arrived. Sure the Taliban or whatever they will call themselves are certainly set back, they are weakened, but the same desire is still there. It is a matter of time before they are back to their former selves.
It was a colossal waste of human life and resources...and Obama is fighting the war as stupidly as Bush did.

Actually the Taliban are stronger now than before we went there, because of our invasion they gained a new pool of people to recruit from who joined the madrassas in Pakistan and Afghanistan, they got to expand to new countries they now have liason offices in Turkey and Qatar for our "peace talks", and they also got alot more money, training and experience from going to war with us, not to mention alot of help from Militants who crossed into Afghanistan from other countries to fight us.

Don't think the fact that he gave the nod to kill UBL is gonna get him re elected.

Not at all...

...I would like to see the posts start to design the strategy that will keep Romney on the straight-and-narrow.

Just because Romney is elected, the battle is not over.

Actually the Taliban are stronger now than before we went there, because of our invasion they gained a new pool of people to recruit from who joined the madrassas in Pakistan and Afghanistan, they got to expand to new countries they now have liason offices in Turkey and Qatar for our "peace talks", and they also got alot more money, training and experience from going to war with us, not to mention alot of help from Militants who crossed into Afghanistan from other countries to fight us.

Hmmmm.....

I think I see the problem:

" We love death. You love your life!"
"This is Adis. We love death. You love your life! There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger!" - Jihad Watch

Hmmmm.....

I think I see the problem:

" We love death. You love your life!"
"This is Adis. We love death. You love your life! There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger!" - Jihad Watch

These "peace talks" with the Taliban have emboldened them, made them more confident and stronger.

Yeah Afghanistan is starting to seem more and more like Vietnam. Not in scale, but it's a war that's taken way too long and will be ruled again by an evil gov't.

But yes Syria seems like Obama's next warmongering adventure.

Komrade Clinton tried negotiating with the North Koreans and shipped them nuclear technology in exchange for a promise that they would behave. How did that work out? What did we promise Syria? Bomb the sh-t out of them until the Muslem Brotherhood takes control? How did that work out in Libya?

Pay attention now. You'll find out sooner or later.

Paragraph 6b of obama's agreement with Karzai is complete prohiibition against the kind of actions that took out Bin Laden.

Sadly if there had not been a successful operation to remove the relatively benign Gaddaffi in Libya, there would not have been the kind of bloodshed that came out of Syria. The Al Quaeda operation in Syria kept expecting UN and American help. It isn't coming. Had they understood from the beginning that it was never going to happen, the so-called rebellion would either not have happened or been ended long ago.

The terrorists instigating a phonied up rebellion in Syria just forgot one thing. One little thing. Libya did not have a major Russian naval base. Syria does.

The Taliban is so strong now, that we are trying to make peace with THEM while they continue to attack US. That's called surrender.

Paragraph 6b of obama's agreement with Karzai is complete prohiibition against the kind of actions that took out Bin Laden.

Sadly if there had not been a successful operation to remove the relatively benign Gaddaffi in Libya, there would not have been the kind of bloodshed that came out of Syria. The Al Quaeda operation in Syria kept expecting UN and American help. It isn't coming. Had they understood from the beginning that it was never going to happen, the so-called rebellion would either not have happened or been ended long ago.

The terrorists instigating a phonied up rebellion in Syria just forgot one thing. One little thing. Libya did not have a major Russian naval base. Syria does.

Also Libya has oil, Syria does not.

The Taliban is so strong now, that we are trying to make peace with THEM while they continue to attack US. That's called surrender.

A friend of mine who deployed to Afghanistan a few years back told me the Troops pretty much know where the Taliban are, but they don't get orders to go out and get them, let the troops on the ground run this war and we would have been done by now.

Also Libya has oil, Syria does not.

Don't underestimate the importance of underground pipelines.

Forum List

Back