White House Adds New Position

big-brother-is-watching-you-obama8.jpg

White House Beefs Up Online Rapid Response

How about the real article without the Right wing spin? Seems to me that they are trying to refute lies spread via the internet. Not Censor anyone.

so of course you take us to that bastion of equity the HUff Po....:lol:

I don't fancy paying someone to run down rumors for anyone of any party, at my expense.....the huffpo said almost exactly what ernie's laid out btw.

How about the real article without the Right wing spin? Seems to me that they are trying to refute lies spread via the internet. Not Censor anyone.

What? You didn't REALLY expect the nasty little re-pubi-tards to ever be truthful, straightforward, or decent did you?

Got to be AT LEAST half of their posters on here are paid shills with multiple accounts, LOL... and at least half of the others are just plain stupid....

What? You didn't REALLY expect the nasty little re-pubi-tards to ever be truthful, straightforward, or decent did you?

Got to be AT LEAST half of their posters on here are paid shills with multiple accounts, LOL... and at least half of the others are just plain stupid....

Yes I know, and the neg me for my right wing opinions on a regular basis. :eusa_whistle:

Ah.

A new outrage.

Wondering if there was any outrage from the Right when the Bush administration was peppering the media with tax-payer funded OpEds and Infomercials disquised as news broadcasts.

There was from me. I'm adamantly against political campaigns being financed by taxes.

Actually..I believe that.

In any case..this doesn't seem like anything other then a "Press secretary" type position.

Ah.

A new outrage.

Wondering if there was any outrage from the Right when the Bush administration was peppering the media with tax-payer funded OpEds and Infomercials disquised as news broadcasts.

So why do you like it when Obama's doing it?

Say -- how many people have you informed on to [email protected]?

Doing what?

Making infomercials that get broadcasted as real news? I haven't seen that yet. Or the OpEDs.

Bush did it.

The New York Times > Washington > Under Bush, a New Age of Prepackaged TV News

Under the Bush administration, the federal government has aggressively used a well-established tool of public relations: the prepackaged, ready-to-serve news report that major corporations have long distributed to TV stations to pitch everything from headache remedies to auto insurance. In all, at least 20 federal agencies, including the Defense Department and the Census Bureau, have made and distributed hundreds of television news segments in the past four years, records and interviews show. Many were subsequently broadcast on local stations across the country without any acknowledgement of the government's role in their production.

This winter, Washington has been roiled by revelations that a handful of columnists wrote in support of administration policies without disclosing they had accepted payments from the government. But the administration's efforts to generate positive news coverage have been considerably more pervasive than previously known. At the same time, records and interviews suggest widespread complicity or negligence by television stations, given industry ethics standards that discourage the broadcast of prepackaged news segments from any outside group without revealing the source.

Ah.

A new outrage.

There was from me. I'm adamantly against political campaigns being financed by taxes.
So if I'm not a millionaire and have no corporate sponsors, I shouldn't be able to put any ads out to inform voters of my candidacy?
Pretty much.... What gives you the right to demand my dollars to promote your candidacy?

I defy you or My Lee to prove even one USMB poster a paid shill. Go right ahead. Please support your accusations with facts or STFU.

So if I'm not a millionaire and have no corporate sponsors, I shouldn't be able to put any ads out to inform voters of my candidacy?
Pretty much.... What gives you the right to demand my dollars to promote your candidacy?

That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not we have an aristocracy.

I defy you or My Lee to prove even one USMB poster a paid shill. Go right ahead. Please support your accusations with facts or STFU.

Sorry you are THAT stupid, LMOAO, and DEFY all you want to, what I think, and the opinions I express are NOT subject to YOUR approval, because I don't CARE if your widdle feewings get hurt. Now go away, little re-pubi-tard gopher! You lot don't recognize facts, you only believe re-pubi-tard mythology! ROTFLMOAO at how really dumb you are, OMG!

Yes I know, and they neg me for my right wing opinions on a regular basis. :eusa_whistle:

The righties are neg-repping you for being a righty? How Rude of them!

White House Adds New Position to Deal with Unfavorable Online Media
By Chris O'Shea on May 23, 2011 2:32 PM

The White House has named Jesse Lee to a new position within its communications department titled Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. According to The Huffington Post, Lee will essentially be responsible for building up Obama’s online presence as he prepares for his reelection bid, and squashing any negative stories:

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has usually been outsourced to the Democratic National Committee (DNC), if not done on an ad-hoc basis by administration officials. And it signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive defense of the president and his policies as his re-election campaign gears up.
Hmmmm sounds like something that should be handled by the DNC or obama's reelection committee. Who is paying Mr Lee's salary?
yeah, this isn't as snappy a title as Reichminister of Propaganda.

Joseph Goebbels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh noes! I Godwinned another thread! YAAAAYYY the leftists don't have to defend their messiah's stupid propaganda actions anymore because I Godwinned the thread!

:dance: :boobies:

PS: For those who are terminally slow, I'm making fun of the need for the position, the duties of the position, the semantics of the position, the abilities of the position, the intelligence of it's defenders and the general concept that this is more useful than chicken shit on a pump handle by a guy who can't handle criticism in any form. NOT that I think the guy's a nazi. Just a stupid political move.

Last edited:

Sorry you are THAT stupid, LMOAO, and DEFY all you want to, what I think, and the opinions I express are NOT subject to YOUR approval, because I don't CARE if your widdle feewings get hurt. Now go away, little re-pubi-tard gopher! You lot don't recognize facts, you only believe re-pubi-tard mythology! ROTFLMOAO at how really dumb you are, OMG!

So! You see no irony in that statement, do you?

The White House has named Jesse Lee to a new position within its communications department titled Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. According to The Huffington Post, Lee will essentially be responsible for building up Obama’s online presence as he prepares for his reelection bid, and squashing any negative stories:

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has usually been outsourced to the Democratic National Committee (DNC), if not done on an ad-hoc basis by administration officials. And it signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive defense of the president and his policies as his re-election campaign gears up.
Hmmmm sounds like something that should be handled by the DNC or obama's reelection committee. Who is paying Mr Lee's salary?

Ah, yes! Expanding the role of government. Create one government job, lose to private sector jobs (or more)!

A new propagandist monitor.

Oh noes! I Godwinned another thread! YAAAAYYY the leftists don't have to defend their messiah's stupid propaganda actions anymore because I Godwinned the thread!

PS: For those who are terminally slow, I'm making fun of the need for the position, the duties of the position, the semantics of the position, the abilities of the position, the intelligence of it's defenders and the general concept that this is more useful than chicken shit on a pump handle by a guy who can't handle criticism in any form. NOT that I think the guy's a nazi. Just a stupid political move.

And yet..you bring up a nazi.

Cute.

And yet..you bring up a nazi.

Cute.
Sure, I'll accept your transfer from the short bus.

Really, Why should this be a White House position?

Because that is where the most communism is right now.

Forum List

Back