White House Adds New Position

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
White House Adds New Position to Deal with Unfavorable Online Media
By Chris O'Shea on May 23, 2011 2:32 PM

The White House has named Jesse Lee to a new position within its communications department titled Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. According to The Huffington Post, Lee will essentially be responsible for building up Obama’s online presence as he prepares for his reelection bid, and squashing any negative stories:

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has usually been outsourced to the Democratic National Committee (DNC), if not done on an ad-hoc basis by administration officials. And it signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive defense of the president and his policies as his re-election campaign gears up.
Hmmmm sounds like something that should be handled by the DNC or obama's reelection committee. Who is paying Mr Lee's salary?

4094051698_a57bdcc594.jpg

The White House has named Jesse Lee to a new position within its communications department titled Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. According to The Huffington Post, Lee will essentially be responsible for building up Obama’s online presence as he prepares for his reelection bid, and squashing any negative stories:

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has usually been outsourced to the Democratic National Committee (DNC), if not done on an ad-hoc basis by administration officials. And it signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive defense of the president and his policies as his re-election campaign gears up.
Hmmmm sounds like something that should be handled by the DNC or obama's reelection committee. Who is paying Mr Lee's salary?

This presidential campaign is going to be a ruthless one as Big Government watches and grabs our existing freedoms, conferring upon others new powers and rights, they are unqualified for. ***

"If you’re going to post something online about Obama that isn’t true, Lee is going to be the one to handle you. Considering that Lee’s first tweet about his new position included a picture of The Terminator, we suggest you watch what you say OR BE DESTROYED."

Okay that was a little dramatic, but you get the idea.

White House Adds New Position to Deal with Unfavorable Online Media - FishbowlNY

Ah.

A new outrage.

Wondering if there was any outrage from the Right when the Bush administration was peppering the media with tax-payer funded OpEds and Infomercials disquised as news broadcasts.

Really, Why should this be a White House position?

This presidential campaign is going to be a ruthless one as Big Government watches and grabs our existing freedoms, conferring upon others new powers and rights, they are unqualified for. ***

"If you’re going to post something online about Obama that isn’t true, Lee is going to be the one to handle you. Considering that Lee’s first tweet about his new position included a picture of The Terminator, we suggest you watch what you say OR BE DESTROYED."

Okay that was a little dramatic, but you get the idea.

White House Adds New Position to Deal with Unfavorable Online Media - FishbowlNY

Government is getting too big, too powerful and too controlling.

Translation: Bribing Google to bury them deeply in search results.

Ah.

A new outrage.

Wondering if there was any outrage from the Right when the Bush administration was peppering the media with tax-payer funded OpEds and Infomercials disquised as news broadcasts.

There was from me. I'm adamantly against political campaigns being financed by taxes.

Ah.

A new outrage.

There was from me. I'm adamantly against political campaigns being financed by taxes.
So if I'm not a millionaire and have no corporate sponsors, I shouldn't be able to put any ads out to inform voters of my candidacy?

Really, Why should this be a White House position?

It shouldn't. But then, Obama will do as others have before him (although at an increased level)...by creating a pretext for an official visit which is really a campaign jaunt funded by taxpayers.

Ah.

A new outrage.

So if I'm not a millionaire and have no corporate sponsors, I shouldn't be able to put any ads out to inform voters of my candidacy?

How did Obama finance his 2008 campaign?

Was Doodad Pro a Corporate Sponsor?

I think your question is right on.......*shrugs* thats not position that we should foot the bill for.

Ah.

A new outrage.

Links please?

I'd like to see them and see where the money trail goes.............if its taxpayer you're right .thx in advance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back