White House Activities and Rumors

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
There's so much going on that it's difficult to keep up. So, in an effort to keep things organized. I'm starting this thread with the idea of keeping everything in one place and the convenience of all.

I'll start off with this:

Secretary Mattis About to be in Trouble Over Company Charged with Massive Fraud

I fully support President Trump and honestly believe he's doing his best to not only keep his campaign promises but to truly make life better for all Americans.

But I am seriously beginning to question some of his personnel selections.

Blood-testing startup Theranos Inc. and its founder and chief executive Elizabeth Holmes, once the darlings of Silicon Valley, agreed today to settle charges of “massive fraud” leveled against them by the SEC. And the company’s scandal-ridden flameout could cause some awkward moments for Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

I won't go into the whole story as you can check it out for yourselves @ Mattis Has Some Questions To Answer About This 'Massive Fraud' Case

A Description of Tillerson

I love this one: Trump thought he was getting a lion in Tillerson. Instead, he was getting a Saint Bernard. Like the breed, Tillerson may be large and imposing at first glance; but he is no fighter, least of all against the bureaucratic mentality that permeates the U.S. State Department.

From Grim's Hall

Is President Trump doing all of this on purpose?

Tillerson out, McMaster next?

simpson031518.jpg

Been reading rumors of this for weeks. And, although he comes up third in guesses in this article, Jon Bolton seems to be headed for a White House position. Could it be McMaster's?

Story @ Tillerson out, McMaster next?

[Just saw Press Secretary Sanders tell the press that she had just been in a meeting with the president and McMasters and not a word was said about him leaving]

And it appears another newbie, Larry Kudlow as economy advisor, is a devout Christian and contributor to CNS News is closer to the president's religious values. See Larry Kudlow Expresses His Faith in 'God's Will,' Thanks CNBC 'Family'

A Surprising Choice to Head the VA

That Shulkin is on thin air in not a question. Biggest rumor was that Rick Perry would move from DOE to the VA but other rumors say he doesn't want the job.

So, who might the president pick?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5aaacdb93be59f24008b4653-1334-870.jpg

If you're not a Fox viewer you won't have the faintest idea who Pete Hegesth is. He's a Major in the Army National Guard and served in Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, and Afghanistan. He worked at Vets for Freedom, and is current a host at FoxNews.

Is he qualified to head the VA? I like him from what I've seen on TV but don't think he has what it take for the job.

Full story @ A host from Trump's favorite TV show may take the next seat in his Cabinet

And here comes even more:

Trump is 'formatting a plan to FIRE Attorney General Jeff Sessions after he recused himself from the Russia probe'

Trump is reportedly thinking about replacing Sessions with EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt

Reports claim Chief of Staff John Kelly, National Security Adviser HR McMaster, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are on the chopping block

How on earth does a British Inquirer come up with stuff like this? And, believe it or not, a lot of it turns out to be true!

More of this particular story @ Trump 'plans to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions' | Daily Mail Online

Trump Aide Lost Job Over Gambling Habit

He was fired as soon as this was discovered. What more does the media want?

According to the Post's sources, a background investigation discovered that McEntee gambled online, sometimes betting tens of thousands of dollars at a time. There's no sign that he broke any laws with his gambling, the sources say, but the habit was seen as a liability for somebody working so closely with the president.

From Report: Trump Aide Lost Job Over Gambling Habit

Trump Aide Lost Job Over Gambling Habit

He was fired as soon as this was discovered. What more does the media want?

According to the Post's sources, a background investigation discovered that McEntee gambled online, sometimes betting tens of thousands of dollars at a time. There's no sign that he broke any laws with his gambling, the sources say, but the habit was seen as a liability for somebody working so closely with the president.

From Report: Trump Aide Lost Job Over Gambling Habit

Who's Gonna Get Axed Next?

This is a comment from Kelly that sorta goes along with what I've been thinking for some time:

Kelly has told confidants that he believes he can weather the current storm. But he has grown increasingly frustrated with the constant turmoil in the West Wing, believing at times that Trump intentionally fuels the chaos to keep his staff on its toes and his name in headlines, according to a person familiar with the chief of staff’s thinking. The person wasn’t authorized to speak publicly about private conversations and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Warning the whistleblowers they aren't long for their posts and doing what he's been famous for all along - being a businessman and not a politician.

From As rumors of an exodus swirl, White House pushes back

Next to exit Trump White House? Odds favor McMaster, online bookie says @ Next to exit Trump White House? Odds favor McMaster, online bookie...

Kelly says Trump probably contributing to staff chaos stories @ Scoop: Behind closed doors, Kelly says Trump probably contributing to staff chaos stories

Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He’d Be Getting Fired @ John Kelly: Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He’d Be Getting Fired

Sanders' Comments on the Changes

The president shouldn’t be bound because Democrats in the Senate can’t do their job. If the president wants to be able to make a change because he feels like it’s the right thing for the American people, his hands shouldn’t be tied because Democrats failed to do what they were elected to do.”

Sanders went on to say the president can select whatever team he would like, noting it doesn’t have to be the “team that the Democrats think he should have.”

From Sarah Sanders Asked If Trump's Top Officials' Jobs Are Safe — Her Fiery Answer Hits Democrats

President Trump: Staff Shakeup Rumors Exaggerated, But Changes Possible @ President Trump: Staff Shakeup Rumors Exaggerated, But Changes Possible | One America News Network

Forum List

Back