White House Accused Of Federal Crime In Specter,Bennet Races...

Yes well most Democrats said the National Enquirer was lying about their beloved John Edwards too. How did that work out for em? Shooting a messenger doesn't mean that the message isn't true.

I didn't say anything about American Spectator lying, if you're referring to my comments. They simply repeated the rumor. In any event, there's nothing illegal in offering him a job when he was in limbo deciding whether or not he would run for the Senate seat. It would have left his seat vacant in the House and up for grabs, and the risk of his losing the Senate seat. Looks like good politics to me, if it happened at all.

What about this stuff?
Obama taps more big donors for ambassadorships
Email this Story

Jun 12, 12:16 AM (ET)

By MATTHEW LEE
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama on Thursday tapped four big Democratic Party donors for plum ambassadorships in Europe and Latin America while naming six career diplomats to posts in Africa, the Mideast and the Pacific.

Washington lawyer Howard Gutman, who raised more than $500,000 for Obama's campaign and personally contributed the maximum $4,600 to it, was nominated to be the next U.S. envoy to Belgium, the White House said in a statement.

Gutman also contributed $2,300 to now Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks money in politics.
Obama named former Virginia Lt. Gov. Donald Beyer to be ambassador to Switzerland and Luxembourg. Beyer, who made his money as a car dealer, raised more than $500,000 for Obama and also contributed $4,600 to his campaign, according to the center.
Vinai Thummalapally, a Colorado business executive and Obama friend who raised between $100,000 and $200,000 for the campaign and donated $4,500 to it, was named the next U.S. ambassador to Belize.

Thummalapally's wife, Barbara, contributed $2,800 to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Obama also named Washington lawyer Mark Gitenstein, who donated more than $4,000 to now Vice President Joe Biden's presidential campaign and contributed $1,500 to Clinton's campaign to be ambassador to Romania.
Career diplomats were nominated on Thursday to be envoys to Burundi, Tunisia, the Marshall Islands, Oman and Suriname. Obama also chose retired Army Gen. Alfonso Lenhardt to be ambassador to Tanzania.

What about this stuff?
Email this Story

By MATTHEW LEE
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama on Thursday tapped four big Democratic Party donors for plum ambassadorships in Europe and Latin America while naming six career diplomats to posts in Africa, the Mideast and the Pacific.

Washington lawyer Howard Gutman, who raised more than $500,000 for Obama's campaign and personally contributed the maximum $4,600 to it, was nominated to be the next U.S. envoy to Belgium, the White House said in a statement.

Gutman also contributed $2,300 to now Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan group that tracks money in politics.
Obama named former Virginia Lt. Gov. Donald Beyer to be ambassador to Switzerland and Luxembourg. Beyer, who made his money as a car dealer, raised more than $500,000 for Obama and also contributed $4,600 to his campaign, according to the center.
Vinai Thummalapally, a Colorado business executive and Obama friend who raised between $100,000 and $200,000 for the campaign and donated $4,500 to it, was named the next U.S. ambassador to Belize.

Thummalapally's wife, Barbara, contributed $2,800 to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Obama also named Washington lawyer Mark Gitenstein, who donated more than $4,000 to now Vice President Joe Biden's presidential campaign and contributed $1,500 to Clinton's campaign to be ambassador to Romania.
Career diplomats were nominated on Thursday to be envoys to Burundi, Tunisia, the Marshall Islands, Oman and Suriname. Obama also chose retired Army Gen. Alfonso Lenhardt to be ambassador to Tanzania.

What about it? Nothing "new" there. Did you want to volunteer to be ambassador to Burundi per chance and got passed over? :lol:

What about this stuff?
Email this Story

By MATTHEW LEE

What about it? Nothing "new" there. Did you want to volunteer to be ambassador to Burundi per chance and got passed over? :lol:

Yeah Fitnah....Maggie is thrilled to death that those that are wealthy and can afford it, get to represent her in foreign lands.

Oh wait...but....wait....is that what maggie is for? The rich buying fame for themselves? The rich using their money so they can influence her future?

Wow....my head is spinning...

Maggie....come to terms with your position...then get back to us.

Yea i guess the Media are only "Watchdogs" when a Republican is in power. They immediately become shallow Lapdogs as soon as a Democrat gains power. Their silence is appalling.

Now it looks like the Dems are attempting to play that old "Shoot the Messenger" Game. This will only work for so long though. They tried that with the National Enquirer/John Edwards scandal too. It worked for a little while but the truth did eventually get out. Give it some more time and eventually even the corrupt Liberal MSM will have to start reporting on this scandal. Stay tuned.

"Whoever solicits or receives anything of value,in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States,shall be fined under the title or imprisoned not more than one year,or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery,Graft,and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office.

So, what thing of value does the government get from this? In other words...what is the "quid" for the "quo"? What is the "quo" for the "quid"?

"Whoever solicits or receives anything of value,in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States,shall be fined under the title or imprisoned not more than one year,or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery,Graft,and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office.

So, what thing of value does the government get from this? In other words...what is the "quid" for the "quo"? What is the "quo" for the "quid"?

IF true...and I say IF true.....

The WH gets to mold congress in its image.

Pretty valuable if you ask me.

This is not illegal. Unethical, maybe.

Wake the fuck up people! Government is NEVER ethical. For those who think this is news - you're kidding yourself. This is standard politics - and it's ALWAYS been the case.

Wha....? You mean people in a Congressional district aren't allowed to vote for their Representative? I'm appalled! Simply Appalled! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Wha....? You mean people in a Congressional district aren't allowed to vote for their Representative? I'm appalled! Simply Appalled! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Hmmm...trying to see where I said that.....nope....never did.

So I will use smaller words maybe?

Now...THIS IS ASSUMING THE WH DID MAKE A DEAL...it is not proven and I do not know if they did or didnt.....

If the WH did not care who was in the seat, then they would not have needed to cut a deal.

If the WH did not think that Spector would lose, they would not have had to cut a deal.

So if it is true, and they are trying to ensure a victory for Specter by eliminating his stiffest competetittion...then the WH would be guilty of trying to paint congress in the image it chooses

There...is that easier for you?

What about this stuff?
Email this Story

By MATTHEW LEE

Yeah Fitnah....Maggie is thrilled to death that those that are wealthy and can afford it, get to represent her in foreign lands.

Oh wait...but....wait....is that what maggie is for? The rich buying fame for themselves? The rich using their money so they can influence her future?

Wow....my head is spinning...

Maggie....come to terms with your position...then get back to us.

My point is that ambassadorships have traditionally been given to people who donated to a president's campaign--THAT is nothing 'new' yet you guys continue to believe this (and many other Obama perceived corrupt? activities) are things he dreamed up all by himself. If you're truly as "old" as I am, surely you already knew this. We have to have ambassadors to some of these little insignificant countries, and what middle-class guy off the street would want the job? When you flame throwers actually debate serious issues, you won't see me posting snarky remarks (well, maybe not so much). Shit like this is just another example of the extremists going after their daily GOTCHA moment. It gets old.

Forum List

Back