White House Accountability - What Next?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. judge ruled against the Bush administration in its fight with Congress over a probe into the firings of U.S. attorneys by refusing on Tuesday to delay an order that current and former White House aides comply with congressional subpoenas.

Federal judge John Bates ruled that he would not put off his July order that former White House counsel Harriet Miers testify to Congress, and that Chief of Staff Josh Bolten surrender documents related to the 2006 firings.
White House cannot delay aides' testimony: judge - Yahoo! News

Interesting. I must now wonder what other stalling tactics will be used by the white house. I am sure they will come up with something.

Appeals until Bush is about to leave office then a flurry of pardons, I expect.

Once again you can not pardon someone that has not even been charged with a crime. But then intelligence and reality seldom ruin your day do they?

Yes you can, sport.

A POTUS can pardon them for things that they might be charged with at some guture date.

You really don't pay attention to these things very closely, do you?

Yes you can, sport.

A POTUS can pardon them for things that they might be charged with at some guture date.

You really don't pay attention to these things very closely, do you?

No they can not. The Pardon only applies to things charged with or convicted of. A president can not pardon people for future crimes. Nor can he pardon them for things that they are not charged with.

Ohh and he can not pardon himself either.

But what why are you all worried about November anyway, as I recall Bush is going to stage a Coup and take over as Dictator for life right before or after he invades Iran. Or at least ya all have been saying that for 3 years now.

Forum List

Back