White History Month

August is coming and that's white history month also. So is September, October, November, December.

You have to make fun of this because number 1, Jessie Peterson is an idiot. Number 2, for white people to be crying about a history month is ridiculous.
Nobody is crying, just pointing out the foolishness of it all.

August is coming and that's white history month also. So is September, October, November, December.

You have to make fun of this because number 1, Jessie Peterson is an idiot. Number 2, for white people to be crying about a history month is ridiculous.
Nobody is crying, just pointing out the foolishness of it all.

Yes, you are crying about it.

11201crying1.gif

"Are you a indian?"

"Yes, I am indian."

"Still didn't believe him....I had a gum wrapper in my pocket, so I balled that shit up and I threw it on the floor.......

".....and A SINGLE TEAR CAME OUT HIS EYE. I SAID 'OH, SHIT!!!'"

:laughing0301:

Why 60 Minutes aired photos of lynchings in report by Oprah
Thanks for posting this link. The video can be seen here (apologies if it's included in your link):
Inside the memorial to victims of lynching

I thought about posting some cross-burning klan photos (it's one of the first things that came to mind) but didn't becasue I didn't want to be intentionally inflammatory although it is indeed "white history".

The ugly side is still history and should be shared.

If i posted a bunch of mean shit some black people did on black history month, i would branded a racist, bigot and i kill little niglets
I love it!
Hey I threw Disneyland in there, how is Disneyland not the perfect representation of White History month, particularly when it first opened in the 50s. Not only was the park all white, but pretty much all of Orange County, CA.

Here's another one that was all white when we were kids
9729aa6f9f11363991e28266a47f89c3--ice-skaters-vintage-posters.jpg
I was standing in Disneyland right by the Matterhorn about 7 years ago when I realized it was an tribute to white people. I havent been back since then.

Thank you for postings this which I don't recall having seen before. I particularly wanted to emphasis this part (for the "but what about TODAY!?!" crowd)

"White racial animus grew following Emancipation when antebellum stereotypes collided with actual African Americans and their demands for full citizenship including the right to vote. The influence of minstrelsy and racial stereotyping on American society cannot be overstated. New media ushered minstrel performances from the stage, across radio and television airwaves, and into theaters. Popular American actors, including Shirley Temple, Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney donned blackface, bridging the minstrel performance across generations, and making blackface (racial parody, and stereotypes) a family amusement.

Postcard depicting a caricatured boy eating a slice of watermelon.
Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of the Collection of James M. Caselli and Jonathan Mark Scharer

Blackface and the codifying of blackness— language, movement, deportment, and character—as caricature persists through mass media and in public performances today. In addition to the increased popularity of “black” Halloween costumes, colleges and universities across the country continue to battle against student and professor blackface performances. In each instance, those facing scrutiny for blackface performances insist no malice or racial hatred was intended.​

New Topics

Forum List

Back