White-hating racists get Stormfront booted off the internet ! FIRST AMENMENT IS DEAD

OK so now youre claiming you invented the internet before it was invented yet your posting something as mundane as what a host file does and what the DNS protocol does.

Hate to break it to you but the below statement is false. If DNS didnt exist you could still have an internet. You posted the definition of DNS but you dont seem to understand it.

"Without DNS name resolution, nothing will work on the Internet. Nobody likes to remember IP address, so DNS is foundation of many Internet services such as web, proxy, email and so on."

Let me explain it laymans terms. When you type www.google.com, all DNS does is translate that to an IP address. You dont need DNS. All you have to do is type this in your browser.

http : // 74.125.199.103

Uhm no, I never claimed to "invent the internet" dumbass I said I had a "public network server" - which you should know all about if you had any formal training in your claimed fields. Go look up BBS's, and their predecessors "mainframes," and get back to me when you're educated.

As for your note on the without DNS internet wouldn't work quote, that's actually not my statement it's cyberciti.biz as denoted by the link to them - but you're right to call it out - just as I did, and have been for days. DNS just controls the redirection of domain names (www.blahblahblah.com) to computer/server locations (their individual IPs) on the internet. That's exactly what /you/ have been arguing /AGAINST/ this entire time. Christ...

Moving on though, thank you for finally admitting I was right so we can tell the posters who might be still reading this the truth about "pathways" on the internet being little more than DNS text entries on a database server.

So from the top when you apparently had a brain fart and exposed yourself as either an idiot, a liar, a troll, or most likely all three.

We can create an internet 2.0 using a different DNS system. Call it THE free speech zone. It'd be low population for a while, but you know how lefties work, they must always have a cause so eventually there will be nothing allowed to be spoken about on internet 1.0 and the honest folk would start seeking refuge from the fascists [upgrading to 2.0].

How would you do that since you dont own any pathways? You would need to connect via some medium.

The pathway's are not physical so no one "owns" them nor needs to install them per say. Each computer/server (and these days, TV's, phones, security systems, etc.) on the planet technically has it's own unique accessible IP that could theoretically be accessed from anywhere in the world (were it not for IT security systems to prevent it.) However folks tend to not like recalling a string of numbers to find a certain site (computer/server) like say Bing anyway. The current "internet" system was created to help give meaning to the long string of numbers that addresses each computer/server.
Clip relevant portion [...]
For an entirely new internet 2.0 one just needs to create a new database equivalent to IANA [Europe] & ICANN [America] (which is essentially akin to making a new "global" phone book.) No new cables need to be run to do it, it's just a change of whom the specific number sets get routed through. The "pathway" is not a physical thing that one company, or even a few companies, can own because it consists of millions, perhaps trillions, of individual computers/servers connected together through thousands or millions of networks - which these days can even connect through the air (wireless) so there's not really anything to have ownership of, even considering any physical cabling that may or may not be in use.

Could also create a 2.0 through ISPs [internet service providers] they are the only real "owners" of any tangible physical connectivity to the internet network but anyone can start an ISP and any customers can pay them for access - the ISPs are akin to the old school operator who plugs their individual network of "phones" [their internet user customers] into the global telephone system at large [the internet.] Thus, instructing (or creating) an ISP to connect up to a different "internet network top tier registry" (internet 2.0's global phone book) is as nearly easy as printing out a new phone book (create a new top tier registry database) because the phone numbers (IP addresses) all exist and are accessible regardless of where the operator (ISP) plugs into the telephone system (internet).

To reiterate - Internet 2.0 could be created rather easily making new DNS servers to query - no new "cables" or "physical" thing really needs to be laid/installed to do it. A server for the new DNS database, but anyone can hook one of those up to the internet, maybe a browser that sends the clients to the new DNS server (instead of internet 1.0s) but that'd just be a convenience thing so folks didn't have to mess with their computer configuration files.

I didnt say you were right. I said you didnt know what you were talking about. How did people access your public network server?

I think youre confused. I can have a million DNS servers in my home. If I dont have an internet connection no one in the world can connect to me except me. In your theoretical world how do other computers link to my DNS servers without crossing public domain boundaries? In your brainfart you still havent explained that feat.

Yes it did dear, you're apparently too stupid to read it. For the third time:

For an entirely new internet 2.0 one just needs to create a new database equivalent to IANA [Europe] & ICANN [America] (which is essentially akin to making a new "global" phone book.) No new cables need to be run to do it, it's just a change of whom the specific number sets get routed through. The "pathway" is not a physical thing that one company, or even a few companies, can own because it consists of millions, perhaps trillions, of individual computers/servers connected together through thousands or millions of networks - which these days can even connect through the air (wireless) so there's not really anything to have ownership of, even considering any physical cabling that may or may not be in use.

Could also create a 2.0 through ISPs [internet service providers] they are the only real "owners" of any tangible physical connectivity to the internet network but anyone can start an ISP and any customers can pay them for access - the ISPs are akin to the old school operator who plugs their individual network of "phones" [their internet user customers] into the global telephone system at large [the internet.] Thus, instructing (or creating) an ISP to connect up to a different "internet network top tier registry" (internet 2.0's global phone book) is as nearly easy as printing out a new phone book (create a new top tier registry database) because the phone numbers (IP addresses) all exist and are accessible regardless of where the operator (ISP) plugs into the telephone system (internet).
I already pointed out that was pipe dream. Only someone illiterate or someone that had no clue what they were talking about would suggest such an asinine thing. You do realize that "wireless" has a limited range (not to mention the bandwidth issues) and it still has to go through a physical infrastructure to be passed on right? Your internet 2.0 would be a gigantic bottle neck using wireless as its primary medium even if you used a physical backbone. Now lets the address the real obvious flaw. Who is transmitting the wireless signals?

I also noted you still havent explained how people connected to your server without going through a physical medium.

So we're back to you playing stupid and ignoring the reality that the physical medium already exists again, despite me pointing out it three times; check...

I'm done with ya Asclepias, this is exactly what you always do and why I'd stopped replying to you. You play stupid games to try to get "dat white girl/guy" to jump through hoops because it gives you some kind of ego trip. It's pathetic and I don't have the patience for it. ~SMH~ I suppose I'm a fool for giving you another shot because I thought you were a computer geek like me. Lesson learned, won't happen again. Congratulations on earning one of my very limited "ignore" slots troll boy. ~ciao~

Your words not mine.....

"The pathway's are not physical so no one "owns" them nor needs to install them per say."

"...ignoring the reality that the physical medium already exists... "

If the pathways are not physical how do they already exist?

I know you want to make this about race but its really about knowledge. You cant say the pathways are not physical and then turn around and say they already exist. Why dont you just admit you didnt know what you were talking about? I've never really been a computer geek. I'm a network geek.

Forum List

Back