White Guy Shooting = Crazy; Brown Guy Shooting = Terrorist.

FreedomEagle

Jan 10, 2011
Read this article and discuss.

Is it a double standard that Loughner is not considered a Terrorist, simply because he's white? Or do you have to be a Muslim to be a terrorist?

EDIT: You gotta Muslim to be a Terrorist. Game, set, match.

Last edited:
There's a difference between a random terrorist (any violent perp could be considered a terrorist) and radical Islamic terrorists.

For one thing, no all those Islamic terrorists are crazy. For another, they all have the same creed, and an organized plan. They work together to spread terror.

I don't have to read the article. He is not considered a terrorist because he's not a terrorist. Muslims are not terrorist either - regardless of their skin color.

Terrorists are terrorists.

Hope that clears that up.

From the article (not original source):

[According to the United States Law Code, terrorism is “premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.” New evidence alleges that Loughner possibly planned for years to assassinate Giffords, a prominent politician.]

Explain why Loughner doesn't fit this description and you will win the discussion.

From the article (not original source):

[According to the United States Law Code, terrorism is “premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.” New evidence alleges that Loughner possibly planned for years to assassinate Giffords, a prominent politician.]

Explain why Loughner doesn't fit this description and you will win the discussion.

Key words: politically motivated. What is the evidence that this guy was motivated by any political ideals? There is none. Please do not waste my time providing a link to some bullshit in the media that links him to either right or left wing politics.... There is no fucking evidence.

Is it a double standard that Loughner is not considered a Terrorist, simply because he's white? Or do you have to be a Muslim to be a terrorist?

The term terrorist usually describes a person, that's usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism. Although any person who terrorizes or frightens others could be called a terrorist. But society more or less defines terrorist in the former description.

Yea because the OK City Bomber wasn't considered a terrorist. The Unabomber wasn't considered a terrorist! The KKK church bombing aren't considered terrorist acts.

You, like all liberals are want to apologize for Muslims no matter the situation! In Major Hassan case he was motivated by religious ideology and wanted to strike a blow against American, but Loughner was plain and simple a nutjob and no political agenda! He was a god damn loner for christ sake (and note I didn't say lone wolf, MUCH DIFFERENT)!

And it you don't remember leftist cowards like you wouldn't allow us to call a spade a spade with Hassan! That was until the evidence was overwelming that he was a Islamofacist Terrorist!

Last edited:
The prime difference is that the "lone gunman" crazy is an isloated event, who creates his mayhem from whatever demons he posseses in his head. Once he is done and caught/killed the cause of whatever damage he does dies/goes to jail with him. They are tragic, but not an overall threat to our society as a whole.

Politically motivated crimes of mass murder/destruction (i.e. terrorism) are a different thing, as the actions themselves are part of a larger structure, which has defined goals and/or purposes, and those goals/purposes usually do not die out upon the capture/death of a given perpatrator of a given attack. A terrorists goal is social change, usually to the detriment of a certain group of people.

[According to the United States Law Code, terrorism is “premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.”

I wonder why they felt the need to add that qualifier to their definition? :eusa_whistle:

Would being crazy as a loon...be a pre-requisite for being a terrorist? Would you only have to target political figures to be a terrorist? How about the terrorists on 9/11? They meant to attack the USA as a whole not individual people.

Yea because the OK City Bomber wasn't considered a terrorist. The Unabomber wasn't considered a terrorist! The KKK church bombing aren't considered terrorist acts.

You, like all liberals are want to apologize for Muslims no matter the situation! In Major Hassan case he was motivated by religious ideology and wanted to strike a blow against American, but Loughner was plain and simple a nutjob and no political agenda! He was a god damn loner for christ sake (and note I didn't say lone wolf, MUCH DIFFERENT)!

And it you don't remember leftist cowards like you wouldn't allow us to call a spade a spade with Hassan! That was until the evidence was overwelming that he was a Islamofacist Terrorist!

I see JewHook has pegged the OP as a "Muslim apologist" and a "leftist" without the OP identifying himself as either thing. :lol:

WHOA! Easy there callin' me a liberal. You obviously don't know who I am cause I fuckin' love America. I ain't sayin he's a terrorist. I side with you that he's not. i just wanna get some ppl riled up in here and have them come at me. This guy's just a nutty clown. I'm givin' the dammned Liberals the ammo to dig themselves into an even bigger hole.

I see JewHook has pegged the OP as a "Muslim apologist" and a "leftist" without the OP identifying himself as either thing. :lol:

Your anti-semitism is showing.... pull your skirt down, little man.

WHOA! Easy there callin' me a liberal. You obviously don't know who I am cause I fuckin' love America. I ain't sayin he's a terrorist. I side with you that he's not. i just wanna get some ppl riled up in here and have them come at me. This guy's just a nutty clown. I'm givin' the dammned Liberals the ammo to dig themselves into an even bigger hole.

If you are gonna 'flame' people, could you please post in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

There is no need for any of us to use this despicable tragedy to score political points. People died. You are aware of that, I assume? Cheapening their deaths says more about you than it does about our liberal members.

There's a difference between a random terrorist (any violent perp could be considered a terrorist) and radical Islamic terrorists.

For one thing, no all those Islamic terrorists are crazy. For another, they all have the same creed, and an organized plan. They work together to spread terror.

Many right wing pundits also work together to spread terror. Going on each others shows and reinforcing the others fear mongering.
A gun or bomb is not needed to spread terror.

Your anti-semitism is showing.... pull your skirt down, little man.

If he didn't like being called "JewHook", he wouldn't send me a neg-rep with a little message calling me a "sand ******" whenever he gets the opportunity. At least I'm getting his ethnicity right.

"Jew" also isn't a slur. I'm sure JewHook appreciates you playing white knight for him, though.

Forum List

Back