White Guilt

If you are from the South, like my family is....

try doing your family tree....mine goes back to 1610 so far.....coming in to Virginia.....

Anyway, I had no white guilt before ever doing my tree....none, zip, zero!

But NOW.....sigh.... I feel terrible about all the Slaves relatives owned....they were farmers...they were granted thousands of acres by King George and other Royalty that were Dukes and Earls earlier, to come to America, and farm, and send the food back home to England and given thousands of acres after fighting in the Revolutionary War in North Carolina and Georgia....

I kept thinking they did not own any slaves, because they were not on the censuses that I found for family members....but then I found these records called slave schedules, which was separate from the national census....and boy oh boy, did the early grandparents own slaves and uncles as well....

Plus, reading their wills in probate that are State records available, where they left their slaves to my other relatives and children.... what a sickening feeling....none was done in a harsh way, which was a little soothing.....like my relatives in their wills would say, keep the family of slaves together, DO NOT SPLIT families! But still...... sigh.... :(

I probably have come across with great x 3 or 4 grandparents and their brothers, at least 25 relatives that served in the CSA, Confederate States of America, and the Civil War....but believe it or not, those relatives did not own any slaves by that time....they were all small farmers, a few hundred acres each, only now in Georgia and Alabama....and they had children, lots and lots of children, to run their farms and some hired labor...12 kids in a family was not uncommon! :eek:

Except 1 great grandfather, he did have slaves....and two of the slaves stayed on with him and my great grandmother after the slaves were freed....and became Domestic Servants....

and in his will, he left the home and land this couple lived on to this couple....

Anyway, the girl in the video was kind of funny and refreshing....but ... I'm still conflicted....though I have no hatred for other whites because of what their ancestors did....that's silly to do....

I’m curious...did you find any proof that your family abused their slaves?
NONE! Not even in old news articles about them or in other family trees of relatives that have gathered Bibles and other records of my family.... it was just like, slaves were a fact of life..no hatred spoken about them...nada!

But my relatives were not tobacco farmers, they farmed food like corn or different greens....and eventually Nuts (Walnuts) and Fruit like peaches....

So, I don't know if it was different in the Tobacco farms?

Super scary for most to admit but it sounds like your family may have done some good deeds by owning slaves. They probably saved many from dying a terrible death in their homeland.

try doing your family tree....mine goes back to 1610 so far.....coming in to Virginia.....

But NOW.....sigh.... I feel terrible about all the Slaves relatives owned....they were farmers...they were granted thousands of acres by King George and other Royalty that were Dukes and Earls earlier, to come to America, and farm, and send the food back home to England and given thousands of acres after fighting in the Revolutionary War in North Carolina and Georgia....

I kept thinking they did not own any slaves, because they were not on the censuses that I found for family members....but then I found these records called slave schedules, which was separate from the national census....and boy oh boy, did the early grandparents own slaves and uncles as well....

Plus, reading their wills in probate that are State records available, where they left their slaves to my other relatives and children.... what a sickening feeling....none was done in a harsh way, which was a little soothing.....like my relatives in their wills would say, keep the family of slaves together, DO NOT SPLIT families! But still...... sigh.... :(

I probably have come across with great x 3 or 4 grandparents and their brothers, at least 25 relatives that served in the CSA, Confederate States of America, and the Civil War....but believe it or not, those relatives did not own any slaves by that time....they were all small farmers, a few hundred acres each, only now in Georgia and Alabama....and they had children, lots and lots of children, to run their farms and some hired labor...12 kids in a family was not uncommon! :eek:

Except 1 great grandfather, he did have slaves....and two of the slaves stayed on with him and my great grandmother after the slaves were freed....and became Domestic Servants....

and in his will, he left the home and land this couple lived on to this couple....

Anyway, the girl in the video was kind of funny and refreshing....but ... I'm still conflicted....though I have no hatred for other whites because of what their ancestors did....that's silly to do....

Yeah! As long as they were nice to them, the negroes should consider themselves lucky to have been owned.

Haha...it scares the shit out of you to consider the FACTS of slavery doesn’t it? It’s taboo as all hell for you huh?
I remember when I was too nutless to be reasonable and consider truth.

The facts? Like how the negroes were saved from lives of misery by slave traders?

and in his will, he left the home and land this couple lived on.... to this couple....

Every one of us who had ancestors in this country prior to 1865 took part in the slave trade. Every time we filled a corn cob pipe with baccy or took a little precious bit of sugar to make a cake on a special occassion. Or took a glug of rum or put molasses on a biscuit. Or had a bowl of rice, for goddsakes.
Slavery was knit into the economic engine of this country. Blacks were the farm equipment prior to John Deeres. It is how it was, and your folks aren't anymore to blame than any of the rest of us. Everyone drank from that well.

"I'm doing this for your own good", said the benevolent slave trader.

maxresdefault.jpg

NONE! Not even in old news articles about them or in other family trees of relatives that have gathered Bibles and other records of my family.... it was just like, slaves were a fact of life..no hatred spoken about them...nada!

But my relatives were not tobacco farmers, they farmed food like corn or different greens....and eventually Nuts (Walnuts) and Fruit like peaches....

Super scary for most to admit but it sounds like your family may have done some good deeds by owning slaves. They probably saved many from dying a terrible death in their homeland.
Can we not derail the thread with this kind of stupidity...k, thanks

Negative...you don’t get to dictate the dialogue...you’re old, scared and out of touch.

Negative...you don’t get to dictate the dialogue...you’re old, scared and out of touch.
I am 49 years old and VERY in touch thanks to my 20 something kids.
Your statement was pure ignorance. And definitely not conservative logic. By your standards I can come abduct your kids/grandkids if I think I can "save" them from a life of misery.

Anyhow this thread is about WHITE guilt, not your crazy interpretation of slavery. Post on topic or gtfo

PS. I fear nothing but the wrath of an angry woman.

Your statement was pure ignorance. And definitely not conservative logic. By your standards I can come abduct your kids/grandkids if I think I can "save" them from a life of misery.

Anyhow this thread is about WHITE guilt, not your crazy interpretation of slavery. Post on topic or gtfo

Hey look...I’m totally cool with your paranoia....you’re terrified to acknowledge a reality that scares the piss out of nutless pussies...I get it.
I’ll decide what the thread is about for me...I replied to a post/posts which raised the issue of slavery....Stay focused Gramps or STFU! Cool?

Hey look...I’m totally cool with your paranoia....you’re terrified to acknowledge a reality that scares the piss out of nutless pussies...I get it.
I’ll decide what the thread is about for me...I replied to a post/posts which raised the issue of slavery....Stay focused Gramps or STFU! Cool?
What paranoia? I try to avoid the kind of ignorance you're spewing.

Yeah! As long as they were nice to them, the negroes should consider themselves lucky to have been owned.

Haha...it scares the shit out of you to consider the FACTS of slavery doesn’t it? It’s taboo as all hell for you huh?
I remember when I was too nutless to be reasonable and consider truth.

The facts? Like how the negroes were saved from lives of misery by slave traders?

Fucking BINGO!
You nailed it...see, that wasn’t too hard was it? Way to sack-up bud.

What paranoia? I try to avoid the kind of ignorance you're spewing.

Ofcourse you do....you’ve been programmed to believe shit one way and you shouldn’t dare challenge that programming by applying third grade logic. I know your type. All paranoid pussies think like that.

Good stuff
Really? You found that to be compelling?
Of course. And I knew that someone like you wouldn't.

If you have a problem with that, too bad.

It was kind of weak. puppies? She kind of failed to substantiate any of her claims.

They're called opinions. And believe it or not, shes entitled to them even if they go against everything you and your party stand for.

She is indeed. And I am entitled to mine. And that is that she is an opportunist.

And you've failed to substantiate your claim. Now WTF???

I liked the beginning of the video, but in the end it is same old bullshit narrative that white self-hating losers are secretly white supremacists.

It is not about saving black people or feeling morally superior to other white people. It is about feeling morally INFERIOR to non-white people.

These sick fucks literally mutilate themselves.

I knew she'd show up on these pages today. She's perfect. Perfectly opportunistic.

Oh shit...a seemingly educated, well spoken, extremely reasonable BLACK woman....a LefTards worst nightmare...huh?
Imagine if they all applied thirdgrade logic...they’d all vote Republican.

Why would a logical person vote Republican?

Because really, the only other option is voting Democrat.

I vote for plenty of people who are not Republican or Democrat
They are called idiots who don't understand democratic systems.

Forum List

Back