White Fort Worth Police Officer Fatally Shoots Black Woman Inside Her Home

If I were a cop...I'd start looking for a new profession.....your own departments won't back you up any more when the deceased is black....
there is no logical defense for this cop,,,he murdered a person in their own home,,,

to many times I have read where the cops were called for help only to arrive and murder the person calling for help,,,

I thought they would lay down their lives for the people,, now they are just killing,, and it seems just for no good reason sometimes,,,
If what the kid said is true what other choice did he have when he saw a gun pointed at him?....this ain't murder...its a bad shooting...murder has a specific deffinition....

He would still have to be charged with some sort of manslaughter. Whether or not the cop's intentions were good, a woman still lost her life. Did she make some mistakes? sure, but they were inside her own home. It's not like she left a gun out on the front seat of her car during a traffic stop.
And the cop is the one who created the scenario where guns were introduced to the equation. She had no idea who was prowling about. Until she looked out the window. Seeing g a uniform is probably why she hesitated. And that hesitation may very well have cost her, her life.
You want to see sweeping change? Have a jury walk a homeowner who smoked a cop. You can bet your bottom dollar they'd square their shit away lickety split...

If I were a cop...I'd start looking for a new profession.....your own departments won't back you up any more when the deceased is black....
there is no logical defense for this cop,,,he murdered a person in their own home,,,

to many times I have read where the cops were called for help only to arrive and murder the person calling for help,,,

I thought they would lay down their lives for the people,, now they are just killing,, and it seems just for no good reason sometimes,,,
If what the kid said is true what other choice did he have when he saw a gun pointed at him?....this ain't murder...its a bad shooting...murder has a specific deffinition....

He would still have to be charged with some sort of manslaughter. Whether or not the cop's intentions were good, a woman still lost her life. Did she make some mistakes? sure, but they were inside her own home. It's not like she left a gun out on the front seat of her car during a traffic stop.
I agree he fucked up...but if a riot breaks out over this it will be due to purposeful negligent reporting....

well, that wouldn't supprise me. There is no reason for anyone to make this something that it's not. It's tradgedy enough.

its not his house and he didnt identify himself,,,at best its voluntary manslaughter
and think about the precedent this sets,,,a cop can sneak around your house and if you dare to defend your house they can kill you on sight,,,
its not like I didnt already distrust cops and this compounds that belief,,

I dont carry a gun in public because I dont want to get killed by cops not criminals

And the cop is the one who created the scenario where guns were introduced to the equation. She had no idea who was prowling about. Until she looked out the window. Seeing g a uniform is probably why she hesitated. And that hesitation may very well have cost her, her life.
You want to see sweeping change? Have a jury walk a homeowner who smoked a cop. You can bet your bottom dollar they'd square their shit away lickety split...
That's why cops where uniforms with big shiny badges on their chest....it was a mistake...a terrible mistake...if you are looking for perfection in law enforcement you will be looking for a very long time...

I'd say he will face charges. All he had to do is knock on the door. More and more I find myself not wanting the call the police for anything. However, I find the whole thing disgusting with how the media is playing the race card. Race baiters should be horse whipped.

Do you really think a white person would have been shot under these circumstances?

Hell yes.

That's why cops where uniforms with big shiny badges on their chest....it was a mistake...a terrible mistake...if you are looking for perfection in law enforcement you will be looking for a very long time...
We can never get perfection. But we can get justice, and accountability.

From what I can see and hear...the cop panicked...bad shooting...

Pretty much.

But that was the last in a very bad series of calls by the cop. He never identified himself, never simply knocked on the front door, and had his service weapon drawn for a non-emergency welfare check where no crime had been reported.

Shooting an unarmed woman through a window in her own home was just the tragedy cherry on layered cake of incompetence and violated police protocols.
I heard today she had a gun and pointed it out the window and that is when the cop shot...the cop had already seen two guns on the floor through a window so that explains why he was on guard...so I change my view...the shooting was justified in my opinion even though he should have announced who he was...seems like a tragic accident made by both the cop and the woman....I wish police departments would put two officers in each car like they used to do...that way you have immediate backup present....

I heard that the 8 years old nephew told the investigators that when they heard noises outside she pulled her weapon from her purse and was moving toward the window with her weapon pointed at the window. I don't know now, but that cop should have identified himself well before they confronted each other with weapons drawn.

IF I hear someone or something making noises at the back of my house. I would be doing the same thing she did.
Well, he has been charged with murder.

I'd say he will face charges. All he had to do is knock on the door. More and more I find myself not wanting the call the police for anything. However, I find the whole thing disgusting with how the media is playing the race card. Race baiters should be horse whipped.

Do you really think a white person would have been shot under these circumstances?

Hell yes.

Officer cleared after going to wrong address, shooting innocent grandpa in his garage - Police State USA

In this instance, the Ft. Worth police officer identified himself and gave Mr. Waller so much time to comply that Mr. Waller was able to put the gun down on the ground, get upset, 'freak out', reach down to the ground and pick the gun back up, and then bring the weapon to a ready stance.

In the case of Ms. Jefferson, from the moment that the officer said 'Put your hands up' to the moment he shot her to death.....was 0.8 second.

And the officer NEVER identified himself.

If you're looking for a difference in responses, there you go.

Hell yes.

Officer cleared after going to wrong address, shooting innocent grandpa in his garage - Police State USA

In this instance, the Ft. Worth police officer identified himself and gave Mr. Waller so much time to comply that Mr. Waller was able to put the gun down on the ground, get upset, 'freak out', reach down to the ground and pick the gun back up, and then bring the weapon to a ready stance.

In the case of Ms. Jefferson, from the moment that the officer said 'Put your hands up' to the moment he shot her to death.....was 0.8 second.

Not every cop is the same either. Some have more confidence than others, some have different training, some have been in the military and handle stress differently. Watching the video again and listening to his voice, he sounded obviously panicked.... i doubt that if it was a white person it would have ended any different in this case. And that is because this dumb ass cop created this whole tension filled situation sneaking around in the dark. So the way this cop was acting in the video, do you seriously believe he shot her because she was black?

There is even an idiot poster on here who therorized on another thread that this cop joined the police department after majoring in physics , probably because he wanted to make an honorary black kill, instead of following a career based on his college major. This is the kind of mindlessness that is floating out there in our poisoned society.

Hell yes.

Not every cop is the same either. Some have more confidence than others, some have different training, some have been in the military and handle stress differently. Watching the video again and listening to his voice, he sounded obviously panicked.... i doubt that if it was a white person it would have ended any different in this case. And that is because this dumb ass cop created this whole tension filled situation sneaking around in the dark. So the way this cop was acting in the video, do you seriously believe he shot her because she was black?

There is even an idiot poster on here who therorized on another thread that this cop joined the police department after majoring in physics , probably because he wanted to make an honorary black kill, instead of following a career based on his college major. This is the kind of mindlessness that is floating out there in our poisoned society.

The cops that don't identify themselves and shoot to death civilians in their own home 0.8 seconds after commanding them to raise their hands?

Those are the ones I'm taking issue with today.

Hell yes.

The cops that don't identify themselves and shoot to death civilians in their own home 0.8 seconds after commanding them to raise their hands?

Well yes, I take issue with this cop as well, for the very reasons you just stated. From the looks of things so does 95% of everyone else, but I just don't understand the leap by some who think there is real evidence of racial motives.

Hell yes.

Well yes, I take issue with this cop as well, for the very reasons you just stated. From the looks of things so does 95% of everyone else, but I just don't understand the leap by some who think there is real evidence of racial motives.
That's because they are race-baiting pos, and spewing racial hatred is all they are capable of doing.

Let's say somehow the lady did put up her hands without the cop shooting her. What was the cop going to do then? Stand outside ready to shoot her at the slightest movement until when and what?

Yes, people need to have empathy for what these officers are going through. If you're unwilling to stand still while the police assess the situation, then you're being very selfish and putting the officer's livelihood at risk in the event he shoots and kills you because you refused to stand still and follow directions to put your hands in the air while slowly walking toward him in a brisk manner while on your knees. This is why I suggest we start having our children learn how to be good citizens early on by having at least two hours of simon says practice everyday throughout their entire school career. I would even encourage adults to do the same just to make sure they stay fresh on how to obey orders correctly. Perhaps Planet Fitness could get rid of those satanic yoga and homosexual liberal hippie spinning classes, and replace them with simon says classes.

Bullshit. Empathy over what the cop is going through. Help me out here. Perhaps you can answer this. How is it we expect a level of discipline from soldiers, who are 18 or 19, not able to drink legally, regarding the use of deadly force that we do not expect from cops who are older and more experienced?

Oh it’s totally different some may say. Yeah, the folks the Soldier is facing are trained to kill him. Not just some street tough wannabe thug. We don’t allow Soldiers to wipe out a village because someone in there MIGHT hurt the Soldier. We would not accept it if our troops massacred people because they MIGHT mean them harm. Yet, we are supposed to accept that level of psychotic behavior from cops who are not facing enemy combatants, but civilians.

So tell me. Why don’t we expect at least the level of professionalism from our Cops that we expect from our troops who are younger, less experienced, and at a serious handicap since they can’t speak the language of the people they are surrounded by?
....bullshit--we've gone over this before and you are spewing the same bullshit == we DON'T expect anything different from the military....I linked this before--what don't you understand about it?? the military kills civilians--civilians die in wars--A LOT!!
etc

Forum List

Back