"White flight." Racist or not?

"White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions."

My opinion- It's just another made up idea so racism can stay alive and white people can be blamed.
While white flight could be termed bigoted there is no way its racist. There is no disadvantage to Blacks if whites move away. If white people dont want to live by Black people let them move.

Really? Detroit is doing soooo well right now....

"White flight is a term that originated in the United States, starting in the mid-20th century, and applied to the large-scale migration of whites from racially mixed urban regions to more racially homogeneous suburban or exurban regions."

My opinion- It's just another made up idea so racism can stay alive and white people can be blamed.

So Whties can be blamed for what?

While white flight could be termed bigoted there is no way its racist. There is no disadvantage to Blacks if whites move away. If white people dont want to live by Black people let them move.

What does that have to do with my post? Black and white people moved away from Detroit after the jobs left.

it's a free country, so in my view everyone has the right to live where ever they choose. however, it does seem to me that this particular issue is an example of running away from a problem instead of working to fix it.

eventually, we all will have to face the problem head on and figure out how to fix it - and i would think sooner is better than later (i.e. its time to stop running from the problem, figure out how to fix it, and then work like hell on the solution).
How do you "fix" things when your kids are getting beat up in the inner city, unregulated, public schools? How do you fix things when you're at work and your house is being burglarized?
there in lies the problem (i.e. kids are not getting the good orderly direction they need to change their outlook on life).

in my view, the only way to fix the problem is to have an army of adults who are ready and willing to dedicate some time to mentoring kids born into these toxic environments (i.e. boots on the ground).

i'm a prime example, now that my kids are grown, i have some time that i can dedicate to being a mentor.

we need a very well organized plan/approach with an army of volunteers to pull this off, but i'm convinced it's worth to engage future generations in pursuit of the proverbial american dream.

i believe that adults setting aside time to spend with an mentor these kids could make all the difference in the world - i say this because i had a guidance counselor who took an interest in me when i was at a very formative age and she pointed me in the right direction at a very critical point in my life. i often wonder where i might be today if not for her interest and encouragement.

the hard part is getting this army put together and laying out a viable plan of deployment.

it seems all anyone wants to do these days is blame someone else and disengage from developing a potential solution (i.e. we spend our time/resources arguing over things like reverse discrimination, the impact of slavery, welfare, crime statistics, etc) - meanwhile, another generation of lost children fall prey to the toxic environment they are born into through no fault of their own.

realistically, i know full well that even with this army and a well developed plan, we can't possibly reach each and every child - however, i'm convinced that once we have a few kids who change the course of their lives as a result of such a program, the results will be contagious and before long enough momentum will be established to change the course of future generations.

perhaps this is just a dream, but it's the only viable solution i can think of within my relatively small realm of influence (i.e. i'm just trying to think of ways to become part of the solution instead of the problem).

it's a free country, so in my view everyone has the right to live where ever they choose. however, it does seem to me that this particular issue is an example of running away from a problem instead of working to fix it.

eventually, we all will have to face the problem head on and figure out how to fix it - and i would think sooner is better than later (i.e. its time to stop running from the problem, figure out how to fix it, and then work like hell on the solution).
How do you "fix" things when your kids are getting beat up in the inner city, unregulated, public schools? How do you fix things when you're at work and your house is being burglarized?
there in lies the problem (i.e. kids are not getting the good orderly direction they need to change their outlook on life).

in my view, the only way to fix the problem is to have an army of adults who are ready and willing to dedicate some time to mentoring kids born into these toxic environments (i.e. boots on the ground).

i'm a prime example, now that my kids are grown, i have some time that i can dedicate to being a mentor.

we need a very well organized plan/approach with an army of volunteers to pull this off, but i'm convinced it's worth to engage future generations in pursuit of the proverbial american dream.

i believe that adults setting aside time to spend with an mentor these kids could make all the difference in the world - i say this because i had a guidance counselor who took an interest in me when i was at a very formative age and she pointed me in the right direction at a very critical point in my life. i often wonder where i might be today if not for her interest and encouragement.

the hard part is getting this army put together and laying out a viable plan of deployment.

it seems all anyone wants to do these days is blame someone else and disengage from developing a potential solution (i.e. we spend our time/resources arguing over things like reverse discrimination, the impact of slavery, welfare, crime statistics, etc) - meanwhile, another generation of lost children fall prey to the toxic environment they are born into through no fault of their own.

realistically, i know full well that even with this army and a well developed plan, we can't possibly reach each and every child - however, i'm convinced that once we have a few kids who change the course of their lives as a result of such a program, the results will be contagious and before long enough momentum will be established to change the course of future generations.

perhaps this is just a dream, but it's the only viable solution i can think of within my relatively small realm of influence (i.e. i'm just trying to think of ways to become part of the solution instead of the problem).
Unfortunately, it takes money to hire your army of chaperons. In the meantime, folks have to do what they have to do to protect themselves, their families, and their property. Flight is the quickest and most effective solution for the here and now.

plus they bring our real estate down.
I don't think if Lebron james or Kobe Bryant moved into your neighborhood the real estate prices would go down. If anything, they would go UP!
They would go down because every thug within 100 miles would be hanging out there.
I doubt it! The thugs" those guys hang with are people like Fifty cents, Dr Dre, Bobby Brown and Snoop Dog.. you have to be a thug with money to hang with people like Lebron or Kobe! Any one of those "thugs" probably has more wealth than your entire neighborhood. They would be appalled by your austere lifestyle!

Last edited:
I don't think if Lebron james or Kobe Bryant moved into your neighborhood the real estate prices would go down. If anything, they would go UP!
If Kobe moved to my neighbourhood, he would have to register with the sheriff and put a sign in his yard.
First of all, you'd better check with the sheriff and see if he is a Lakers fan. 2nd of all, thank God Bryant lives in America where you are innocent until proven guilty.... eh??? Of course, YOU have already decided that he was guilty and have usurped the entire legal process and replaced it with ninja007's law. Heh heh heh

They would go down because every thug within 100 miles would be hanging out there.
I doubt it! The thugs" those guys hang with are people like Fifty cents, Dr Dre, Bobby Brown and Snoop Dog.. you have to be a thug with money to hang with people like Lebron or Kobe! Any one of those "thugs" probably have more wealth than your entire neighborhood. They would be appalled by your austere lifestyle!
And where would you fit in, their gopher?

Personally, I think Hollywood has the right idea.After Ferguson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama, America is so in love with black people they want to see more of them in movies like James Bond and replace all of the white actors with black actors.
I think Idris Elba will make a great Bond. and I have always been a huge James Bond fan. He will be so much better than Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pearce Brosnan.

You bahs-turds always bring up Detroit when race s brought up. Well, Detroit may top the list of ten most miserable cities to live in but there are 9 others on that list: all run by Whites. Flint Michigan, Chicago, Stockton Ca and even New York City made that list in 2013. But guess what/ Atlanta didn't. You do know what demographic runs Atlanta don't you? Let's use THAT example.

I doubt it! The thugs" those guys hang with are people like Fifty cents, Dr Dre, Bobby Brown and Snoop Dog.. you have to be a thug with money to hang with people like Lebron or Kobe! Any one of those "thugs" probably have more wealth than your entire neighborhood. They would be appalled by your austere lifestyle!
If the price was right, hell yeah! Isn't that what America is all about.. .being someone's gopher for a price?

You bahs-turds always bring up Detroit when race s brought up. Well, Detroit may top the list of ten most miserable cities to live in but there are 9 others on that list: all run by Whites. Flint Michigan, Chicago, Stockton Ca and even New York City made that list in 2013. But guess what/ Atlanta didn't. You do know what demographic runs Atlanta don't you? Let's use THAT example.

all LIB cities run by libtards.

If the price was right, hell yeah! Isn't that what America is all about.. .being someone's gopher for a price?
Speak for yourself.

this about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

now because you move out an area you might not FEEL SAFE in you are labeled a racist

Maybe the guberment will pass a law saying you can't move unless you ask them permission first

New Topics

Forum List

Back