White college fraternity in Oklahoma shut down for overt racism

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Right after Selma too :eusa_doh: Sad, sad, SAD!!!

Univ. of Oklahoma president Frat members disgraceful - Yahoo News
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The president of the University of Oklahoma severed the school's ties with a national fraternity on Monday and ordered that its on-campus house be shuttered after several members took part in a racist chant caught in an online video.

President David Boren said he was sickened and couldn't eat or sleep after learning about the video Sunday afternoon. It shows several people on a bus participating in a chant that included a racial slur, referenced lynching and indicated black students would never be admitted to OU's chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
rdean

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The president of the University of Oklahoma severed the school's ties with a national fraternity on Monday and ordered that its on-campus house be shuttered after several members took part in a racist chant caught in an online video.

President David Boren said he was sickened and couldn't eat or sleep after learning about the video Sunday afternoon. It shows several people on a bus participating in a chant that included a racial slur, referenced lynching and indicated black students would never be admitted to OU's chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
rdean
You beat me to it. I was just going to post it. Here is the video.

yeah. Yahoo didn't have the video or it was so distasteful that they decided not to air it.

It makes me nauseous :(

Proves conservative right wing Republicans do attend college.

The thing that makes this so bad is that this is a national fraternity & one of the largest. General Holder needs to tamp this out :mad-61:

And you can find a counter video of blacks doing the same. Stupid people of all races go to college.

Get over it.

Fraternities have always been gay. Learn to be a man on your own. Do you really need to be paddled in front of a bunch of drunken men to prove how much of a man you are? Suck them off, and get it over with.

And you can find a counter video of blacks doing the same. Stupid people of all races go to college.

Get over it.

Agreed. In both cases I would guess that it has more to do with the mob mentality than actual hatred. Most of these kids probably have black friends. They just didn't expect this video to go viral. :lol:

rdean

How embarrassing....but it is Oklahoma.

Fraternities have always been gay. Learn to be a man on your own. Do you really need to be paddled in front of a bunch of drunken men to prove how much of a man you are? Suck them off, and get it over with.

I never understood the fascination with fraternities. My friends in college tried to get me to pledge but I wanted no part of it. I would attend the parties from time to time but I don't need to pay people to make friends and drink shitty beer.

Get over it.

Agreed. In both cases I would guess that it has more to do with the mob mentality than actual hatred. Most of these kids probably have black friends. They just didn't expect this video to go viral. :lol:
Terrible excuse for racism. Mob mentality escalates racism. It doesnt cause it.

It's not race exclusive by any means.

And this has been going on since time began.

Because it's white it's somehow different. Lame.

I dont understand what blacks have done to deserve this type of shit but yet it happens over and over. I have a con buddy who was complaining about how people treat veterans because of the emails that were sent joking about military suicides

VA manager s email mocks veteran suicides

And said its an indication they do not care. Yet, my con buddy does not think that the racist emails sent by Fergueson police means anything concerning treatment of blacks in the area.

Forum List

Back