White Collar crooks to be named! (I hope)

By JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press Writer Jessica Gresko, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 32 mins ago.

MIAMI – The U.S. government and Swiss banking giant UBS AG have reached an agreement in a case seeking names of some 52,000 suspected American tax evaders with billions in secret Swiss accounts, but details may remain under wraps until next week, officials said.

GOOD! I hope fines, interest payments and penalties as well as restitution to law enforcement are included along with JAIL.

Has the GOP rushed to their defense and screamed that this is another example of too much regulation and gov't intrusion into the private sector?

No it has not. The GOP - notwithstanding some of their 'luminaries', i.e. Bachmann, Perry, Cain - is not filled with stupid people who say and do stupid things; the brains behind the blockheads stay on message with the aide of the law firm Dewey, Cheatum and Howe, and their subsidaries, Propaganda Now! and the Lush Limppaw Show.

The GOP under GWB and such 'luminaries as AG Ascrot and AG Gonzales couldn't be bothered. As Bush said, "you are my base"; why would any pol investigate their base?

Fucking morons will turn everything into partisan bullshit.

"Perp walks"..... let's forget 'due process' and lynch 'em mentality... makes for great tv and sometimes destroys the reputation of the innocent.

LOL, Due Process is in progress dear, the perp walk wish is simply the Republican in me. Sometimes I default to base desires - sad but true. I try to purge any callous disregard of others but giving such a benefit to conservatives or child molesters, wife beaters or animal abusers is difficult. Mea Culpa.

BTW, "fucking morons" in polite company might better be phrased as fornicating morons, thought both convey the same idiotic content.

Last edited:
Fucking morons will turn everything into partisan bullshit.

"Perp walks"..... let's forget 'due process' and lynch 'em mentality... makes for great tv and sometimes destroys the reputation of the innocent.

LOL, Due Process is in progress dear, the perp walk wish is simply the Republican in me. Sometimes I default to base desires - sad but true. I try to purge any callous disregard of others but giving such a benefit to conservatives or child molesters, wife beaters or animal abusers is difficult. Mea Culpa.

BTW, "fucking morons" in polite company might better be phrased as fornicating morons, thought both convey the same idiotic content.

You seem to prefer hyperbole to 'due process'.... if you preferred 'due process', you'd want to see the investigations proceed instead of screaming for 'perp walks'.

But, sweet of you to make it even more hyperbolic by making it partisan. How very unintelligent of you.

It is self evident I want to see the investigation proceed, why else do I keep bringing the investigation to the attention of this board? The investigaton has been ongoing for seveal years, I started this thread in Aug. 2009 and continue to follow the investigation.

I expect both wealthy Democrats and wealthy Republicans to be exposed - I simply believe the Republican party and its base don't believe white collar crime, that is, tax evasion, is really criminal.

It is self evident I want to see the investigation proceed, why else do I keep bringing the investigation to the attention of this board? The investigaton has been ongoing for seveal years, I started this thread in Aug. 2009 and continue to follow the investigation.

I expect both wealthy Democrats and wealthy Republicans to be exposed - I simply believe the Republican party and its base don't believe white collar crime, that is, tax evasion, is really criminal.

36 Obama aides owe $833,000 in back taxes

A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven't paid any share, let alone their fair share.

http://news.investors.com/Article/599002/201201260818/obama-white-house-staff-back-taxes.htm

Seems the democrats don't think tax evasion is a crime either. Probably could distribute the mindset evenly with both parties....but I know you think it's more a republican thingy, wry.

What I find entertaining.... the left are howling at the bankers, and the Republicans - but clearly don't want to see their own guys hung in public. Why is that?

What I find entertaining.... the left are howling at the bankers, and the Republicans - but clearly don't want to see their own guys hung in public. Why is that?

It's an election year and the dems know that the msm will downplay their involvement?

Nahh... i think they ought to do with them exactly what they do with drug dealers...take all their assets and auction off their property. After doing that, no jail time will be required... let them work at McDonald's and Convenience stores like other people with nothing.

Let them live like the poor... hey, if they're good, they'll rebound, but a taste of poverty would probably be a good thing for these people.

Sounds like the right punishment.

It's an election year and the dems know that the msm will downplay their involvement?

Meh, even when it's not an election year, it's the same. Blame the other guys, never ever look at your own. Makes me sick... and it is why I really dislike both parties.

By JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press Writer Jessica Gresko, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 32 mins ago.

MIAMI – The U.S. government and Swiss banking giant UBS AG have reached an agreement in a case seeking names of some 52,000 suspected American tax evaders with billions in secret Swiss accounts, but details may remain under wraps until next week, officials said.

GOOD! I hope fines, interest payments and penalties as well as restitution to law enforcement are included along with JAIL.

Has the GOP rushed to their defense and screamed that this is another example of too much regulation and gov't intrusion into the private sector?

You tell us Einstein...

A new report just out from the Internal Revenue Service reveals that 36 of President Obama's executive office staff owe the country $833,970 in back taxes. These people working for Mr. Fair Share apparently haven't paid any share, let alone their fair share.

As Obama demands rich Americans pay more in taxes, the IRS reveals 36 Obama aides are far behind in their taxes by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

Seems the democrats don't think tax evasion is a crime either. Probably could distribute the mindset evenly with both parties....but I know you think it's more a republican thingy, wry.

Owing back taxes isn't fraud, fraud is a criminal act done with malice aforethought (intent). In the case of hiding income in foreign banks it is also a criminal conspiracy, also a felony. Your "Joey did it too" defense is very childish, BTW. Anyone who commits fraud, be they black or white, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or self defined independent and commits an illegal act ought to have their day in court - yes CG, I do believe in due process, though apparently Meister does not.

It is reprehensible that so many of the echo chamber regularly bellyache about the poor not paying their fair share and remain silent in the face of criminal activity in which very few of the poor engage.

Prosecution for welfare fraud and unemployment insurance fraud are commonplace, those who engage in such criminal acts are generally not wealthy, though I have seen and heard of cases where very well to do people engage in such criminal activity.

It is not always the very wealthy who hide money off shore, though I would guess some are memebers of the 1%. Medium businesses engaged in cash transactions, black marketers who need to launder their cash and elected officials who recieve under the table campaign donation have the same needs and are those who names may soon crop up.

So Meister, do you not care that fraud is being committed by some citizens? Or do you believe as do others that the 16th Amendment to the Constitution is unlawful (a strange process of reasoning, but not unexpected from those who do) and have every right to hide their wealth?

You tell us Einstein...

Well, it's conservatives who are yelling about the need to get gov't out of the affairs of business...

Imagine what these multi Billion dollar corporations could (and would) do if there were no gov't regulations to interfere with their schemes!

When you have time, you should look up some of the abuses that used to take place in decades past when employers ran company stores where employees were forced to shop for food and other items, and the employers also rented the only available living quarters to those same employees.

You tell us Einstein...

Well, it's conservatives who are yelling about the need to get gov't out of the affairs of business...

Imagine what these multi Billion dollar corporations could (and would) do if there were no gov't regulations to interfere with their schemes!

When you have time, you should look up some of the abuses that used to take place in decades past when employers ran company stores where employees were forced to shop for food and other items, and the employers also rented the only available living quarters to those same employees.

That was before the evil unions interceded; consider had unions been outlawed how many more jobs would have been created. As miners died from black lung disease in their 40's, or died even earlier from methane gas exposions or simple collapes, their kids could be hired at a lesser wage or paid in script to pay the rent and buy groceries from businesses owned by the company.

As Obama demands rich Americans pay more in taxes, the IRS reveals 36 Obama aides are far behind in their taxes by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

Owing back taxes isn't fraud, fraud is a criminal act done with malice aforethought (intent). In the case of hiding income in foreign banks it is also a criminal conspiracy, also a felony. Your "Joey did it too" defense is very childish, BTW. Anyone who commits fraud, be they black or white, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian or self defined independent and commits an illegal act ought to have their day in court - yes CG, I do believe in due process, though apparently Meister does not.

It is reprehensible that so many of the echo chamber regularly bellyache about the poor not paying their fair share and remain silent in the face of criminal activity in which very few of the poor engage.

Prosecution for welfare fraud and unemployment insurance fraud are commonplace, those who engage in such criminal acts are generally not wealthy, though I have seen and heard of cases where very well to do people engage in such criminal activity.

It is not always the very wealthy who hide money off shore, though I would guess some are memebers of the 1%. Medium businesses engaged in cash transactions, black marketers who need to launder their cash and elected officials who recieve under the table campaign donation have the same needs and are those who names may soon crop up.

So Meister, do you not care that fraud is being committed by some citizens? Or do you believe as do others that the 16th Amendment to the Constitution is unlawful (a strange process of reasoning, but not unexpected from those who do) and have every right to hide their wealth?

Oh...for some reason I thought you were talking about tax evasion, I don't know how I came up with that? :cuckoo:

Oh...for some reason I thought you were talking about tax evasion, I don't know how I came up with that? :cuckoo:

Owing back taxes where there was no intent to commit fraud is not a crime. One simply pays a penalty and the tax due. I'm no tax expert, but neither are you. Have all 36 noted in your post been charged with tax evasion? If not, maybe no crime was committed. Have you looked into that issue?

It's likely Romney committed no crime investing his assets in foreign banks, but it appears many Americans have. I single out Romney because he wants to be POTUS and invests his dollars in foreign banks, maybe to cheat, but clearly not with any intent to see his dollars loaned to Americans to buy goods or open/expand a small business.

Undoubtedly Willard Mitt Romney is one of them.

Swiss Bank to close after helping the wealthy with tax evasion...
:clap2:
Swiss bank Wegelin to close after US tax evasion fine
4 January 2013 - Wegelin admitted that its actions had been "wrong"
Switzerland's oldest bank is to close permanently after pleading guilty in a New York court to helping Americans evade their taxes. Wegelin, which was established in 1741, has also agreed to pay $57.8m (£36m; 44m euros) in fines to US authorities. It said that once this was completed, it "will cease to operate as a bank". The bank had admitted to allowing more than 100 American citizens to hide $1.2bn from the Internal Revenue Service for almost 10 years. Wegelin, based in the small Swiss town of St Gallen, started in business 35 years before the US declaration of independence. It becomes the first foreign bank to plead guilty to tax evasion charges in the US.

Other Swiss banks have in recent years moved to prevent US citizens from opening offshore accounts. US Attorney Preet Bharara said: "The bank wilfully and aggressively jumped in to fill a void that was left when other Swiss banks abandoned the practice due to pressure from US law enforcement." He added that it was a "watershed moment in our efforts to hold to account both the individuals and the banks - wherever they may be in the world - who are engaging in unlawful conduct that deprives the US Treasury of billions of dollars of tax revenue".

Otto Bruderer, a managing partner at the bank, admitted that Wegelin had sheltered US clients from tax between 2002 and 2010, and said it was aware that its conduct had been "wrong". Mr Burderer's further admission that assisting tax evasion was common practice in Switzerland has caused huge concern among the Swiss banking community, according to the BBC's Switzerland correspondent, Imogen Foulkes. "Some Swiss financial analysts are already speculating that Wegelin's $58m fine, which many had expected to be higher, was kept low by the US authorities in return for Wegelin clearly implicating the rest of the Swiss banking community in tax evasion," she said.

Inevitable demise

Forum List

Back