White Collar crooks to be named! (I hope)

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
By JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press Writer Jessica Gresko, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 32 mins ago.

MIAMI – The U.S. government and Swiss banking giant UBS AG have reached an agreement in a case seeking names of some 52,000 suspected American tax evaders with billions in secret Swiss accounts, but details may remain under wraps until next week, officials said.

GOOD! I hope fines, interest payments and penalties as well as restitution to law enforcement are included along with JAIL.

By JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press Writer Jessica Gresko, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 32 mins ago.

MIAMI – The U.S. government and Swiss banking giant UBS AG have reached an agreement in a case seeking names of some 52,000 suspected American tax evaders with billions in secret Swiss accounts, but details may remain under wraps until next week, officials said.

GOOD! I hope fines, interest payments and penalties as well as restitution to law enforcement are included along with JAIL.

should be an interesting list......

I keep my money in a sock under the bed. All $17.38 of it. I know it's safe there unless the wife finds it.:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

You think it may be too late to transfer my Swiss accounts?

• Banned

should be an interesting list......

Should have been. I wonder what is the status of this 'investigation'? Did too many influential people make the list and and the "next week" turned in never

Nahh... i think they ought to do with them exactly what they do with drug dealers...take all their assets and auction off their property. After doing that, no jail time will be required... let them work at McDonald's and Convenience stores like other people with nothing.

Let them live like the poor... hey, if they're good, they'll rebound, but a taste of poverty would probably be a good thing for these people.

That's your money!

:evil:

/fauxrage

Update:

Coming, I had problems with the link.

Below is from a link titled "Newsvine Mobile"; I'm not sure what that is but the article was written by AP reproter Jessica Gresko. I'll google her and see if I can find a known source.

"WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors in Virginia have charged four more bankers with Zurich-based Credit Suisse Group with conspiracy in what they say was a long-running scheme to help U.S. taxpayers hide as much as $4 billion in assets.

Prosecutors originally charged four people in the scheme in February, so the charges announced Thursday bring the total number of people charged up to eight. Charging documents filed in the case do not specify what bank the group worked for, but The Associated Press previously reported its identity.

Prosecutors wrote in February that as of late 2008 Credit Suisse was maintaining thousands of secret accounts for U.S. customers with approximately $3 billion in assets, but that amount was increased to $4 billion in a document filed Thursday. Prosecutors previously alleged that the conspiracy goes back as far as 1953.

The four individuals charged Thursday were: Markus Walder, who was the head of North American Offshore Banking; Susanne D. Ruegg Meier, a member of the bank's senior management; Andreas Bachmann and Josef Dorig, both of whom worked for a Credit Suisse subsidiary. Court documents did not include Dorig's nationality, but all three others charged are Swiss.

Credit Suisse itself is not charged in the case, but prosecutors wrote that bank officials "knew and should have known that they were aiding and abetting U.S. customers in evading their U.S. income taxes."

"Credit Suisse is committed to a fully compliant cross-border business. Subject to our Swiss legal obligations and throughout this process we will continue to cooperate with the U.S. authorities in an effort to resolve these matters," the bank said in an emailed statement.

The four individuals previously charged in the case were Italian citizen Marco Parenti Adami and Swiss citizens Emanuel Agustoni, Michele Bergantino and Roger Schaerer. Schaerer has dual citizenship with the United States.

Revised court documents released Thursday discuss how the group is alleged to have worked with 35 clients including people in New York, New Jersey, California, Florida and Virginia to conceal assets and income in secret accounts. The original court papers noted 17 customers, none of them by name."

I want the names and the names of the advisers who aided and abetted these white collar criminals

Last edited:
Updated with some comments.

U.S. Justice Department indicts Swiss bank Wegelin - Yahoo! News

The Republican Party is all about voter fraud and making sure no one votes who is not legally entitled. So concerned are they that they are willing, it seems, to deny the franchise without due diligence to protect the sanctity of voting.

Yet Republican leaders so concerned about voter fraud are silent on tax fraud. At a time when these leaders and their followers are whining that 47% of Americans don't pay any income tax they ignore tax cheats.

I hope to see a perp walk in the near future of the morally corrupt and greedy bastards lead off to court to be publically be exposed; if convicted pay fines and investigation costs as well as retitution and the most egregious of them placed in a cell on Madhoff Ave, Federal Prison, USA.

Has the GOP rushed to their defense and screamed that this is another example of too much regulation and gov't intrusion into the private sector?

Fucking morons will turn everything into partisan bullshit.

"Perp walks"..... let's forget 'due process' and lynch 'em mentality... makes for great tv and sometimes destroys the reputation of the innocent.

Forum List

Back