CDZ White Christians in US now below 50 percent

Fishlore

Silver Member
Aug 25, 2011
New Hampshire USA
NEW YORK (AP) — The share of Americans who identify as white and Christian has dropped below 50 percent, a transformation fueled by immigration and by growing numbers of people who reject organized religion altogether, according to a new survey released Wednesday.

Christians overall remain a large majority in the U.S., at nearly 70 percent of Americans. However, white Christians, once predominant in the country’s religious life, now comprise only 43 percent of the population, according to the Public Religion Research Institute, or PRRI, a polling organization based in Washington. Four decades ago, about eight in 10 Americans were white Christians.

Share of White Christians in US now below 50 percent, survey says - The Boston Globe

Ever consider that the reason there is a decline in Christianity is because people have decided to switch over to other religions or belief systems?

I know that I left Christianity and became a Taoist in the mid 90's. Why? Because back in the 70's, Christianity and Mormonism were the only two religions that I'd heard of as a country boy growing up in Montana.

When I got older and joined the Navy, I was able to see a whole bunch of different things, and Taoism appealed to me.

When you account for all Christians, and don't care about democrook racial divisions we account for %70.

I hope democrooks keep alienating themselves and mocking us. Insist we service queer wedding and promote even more policies that Christians find reprehensible. It has nothing to do with the fact democrooks are at their lowest level of political power since the 1920's and 2018 isn't forecast to favor them.

When you account for all Christians, and don't care about democrook racial divisions we account for %70.

I hope democrooks keep alienating themselves and mocking us. Insist we service queer wedding and promote even more policies that Christians find reprehensible. It has nothing to do with the fact democrooks are at their lowest level of political power since the 1920's and 2018 isn't forecast to favor them.

Notice they are trying to make it a racial thing? Freaking racists

Remember you all came over here to escaper persecution from eachother at first.

The Christian cult which spread under the protection of Rome and King Henry has finally after 2000 years softened its radicalism enough to be socially acceptable.

Don't let your fringes mess it up be demanding to be able to discriminate with the orotectiin of my government.

The Christian cult which spread under the protection of Rome and King Henry has finally after 2000 years softened its radicalism enough to be socially acceptable.

After 2000 years, the members of the Christian cult have become a bunch of faggots and Zionists, useless.

Most people when polled would just cite the sect their older family members identified with when asked; the numbers of actual practicing Christians was probably never more the 30% who now regularly attend services, so all the polls reflect is just more truthful answers.

Yep, racists, sexual fetishists, and Maoist vermin, for the most part.

The vermin are eating their own now. It's hilarious to watch. They need to be deported, as per Thomas Jefferson's wise advice, the first Democrat.

Don't let your fringes mess it up be demanding to be able to discriminate with the orotectiin of my government.

Don't use government to force people to take part in activities they're not interested in being involved with. If one of those assholes destroyed my business I guarantee they would regret it for the rest of their extremely brief life.

They're assholes too.

As a white Christian it is in my own faith I am interested in not the country...family comes way way way ahead of country.

Don't use government to force people to take part in activities they're not interested in being involved with. If one of those assholes destroyed my business I guarantee they would regret it for the rest of their extremely brief life.
Wait, if you were christian you'd be turning the other cheek and doing unto others and what not.

Far as using government, heck yea. Government forces equality on everyone with the threat of affirmative action or whatever they do to pretend Christians who discriminate against Samaratins or whoever Jesus said was the least of your brothers who you should treat right to stand a chance of getting into heaven.

Think of it this way. Sometime government may come protect you from discrimination by other types of ppl.

Wait, if you were christian you'd be turning the other cheek and doing unto others and what not.

Nonsense. Christians are allowed to defend themselves, and fight enemies; there is no prohibition against such. Even some of the Apostles carried swords.

Far as using government, heck yea. Government forces equality on everyone with the threat of affirmative action or whatever they do to pretend Christians who discriminate against Samaratins or whoever Jesus said was the least of your brothers who you should treat right to stand a chance of getting into heaven.

What?

The amalgam of whiteness and Christianity, the proportionate representation of that ligature, and the etiology of change in the bond's nature strikes me as little but trivia. Far more intriguing is the ten percent drop in Christianity's overall representation. Though it'd be nice to know differently, I suspect the general decline in Christianity isn't, in the main, due to there being a rise in awareness of the derivative and fantastical nature of Christian dogma.
Though I've long since forsworn Christian pontifical catechism, I yet find much of it fine for superintending interpersonal relations; thus I avouch to Christianity, whereas maybe others in communion with me don't. I don't know, but neither do I care to know for knowing will alter nothing that matters to me.

Yes, your macho display has us all shaking in our boots. If you follow the laws, you won't have to worry about a destroyed business.

Nonsense. Christians are allowed to defend themselves, and fight enemies; there is no prohibition against such. Even some of the Apostles carried swords.

What?

The person I was replying to was a bit more aggressive than defending him or her self. The new covenant is pretty passive though.

The Samaritan references in the new testament are pretty clear. christians better be good to those in the lower rungs of society or no heaven for the christian in question.

Forum List

Back