White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable

..blacks were far behind the whites long before slavery--long before the whites went into Africa--so you can't prove whitey ''keeps the blacks down'''
..blacks graduate at lower rates
...college grads earn more $$$$
College grads earn $30,000 a year more than people with just a high school degree - CNN
simple

So, black college graduates earn a lot more than you?

That's obvious.
can't be --blacks graduate at lower levels

Yes it can be. Quite a few likely graduated at a higher level than you.
you--also--do not understand basic 4th grade math/science

I understand those subjects far better than you, so stop deflecting, you dunce.

You post repetitive generalizations about the black population, while I in turn, notice the poor grammar and punctuation contained in what you post, and then question YOUR intelligence as an INDIVIDUAL, and you never answer regarding your own academic achievements.

Which obviously proves that you are an idiot, who is incapable of posting anything that requires you to think, outside of copied and pasted links from tabloids like the Daily Mail.

Last edited:
This advantage was by design, that's the salient point here, particularly since so many white racist claim that the symptoms of institutional racism are self-inflicted or non-existent.

If it was legislated, how is this not an example of white priviledge?

And why do you assume that because this topic interests me that means somehow I'm a failure in life? It's more a sore point for poor white racists than it is for average black Americans.

""This advantage was by design, that's the salient point" <<<< so far we got stats
on WHO IS RICHER-----and fervent claims of "advantage" as the explanation for
who is richer. -----but no actual mechanism. There is a claim that credit (loans)
are easier for "whites". and an implied claim that whites who served in the military
get benefits (like the GI bill for education and VA home loans) but blacks do not and
"someone or group" DESIGNED this disparity. I have a need to know------who actually decided that a person who served in the military who is white gets the
advantage of a VA HOME LOAN-----but a black person does not? Its the origin of
THE DESIGN that I cannot fathom.

These things newsvine presents are facts. Go do some research and you will get your question answered since you have been told how things have happened over and over but refuse to accept what you've been shown.

I researched and could find NO WHERE---the names of the people who DESIGNED the system specifically denying blacks (however one defines
"blacks" ) access to the military GI bill for education. My father served in
the Navy----he did get some training in watchmaking by going to nite school
classes.paid for by the GI bill. Was there a master plan in 1945 to deny
blacks the opportunity to attend nite school and get training in watch-making?
Be assured----he was absolutely unable to make a living as a watchmaker----
no one needed watchmakers-------timex pinlever watches became cheap and
UNREPAIRABLE

There was no specific legislation that prohibited access to the GI Bill for black veterans. The issue was more attributed to discriminatory practices in where black veterans were actually able to purchase homes.

https://www.history.com/news/gi-bill-black-wwii-veterans-benefits
i was reading about that in the 1990s.

At least you did read about it, and have not dismissed it as made up history like so many here likely would.

I was aware of if in the 1960's. My father served in the Navy and told me all about his experiences when attempting to purchase a home on the GI Bill.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Actually, a lot of the richer Whites in the USA are the ones who came through Ellis Island, not the Colonials. Even around here the White derelict population is mostly of colonial origins such as Scots, English, German, French colonials. Even though most of the population here is Italian, and Irish Catholic.

actually, sobie my little pierogi -----you are right-----some of the really impoverished
people in the US are, as you say----Scottish, English, German and French background. ESPECIALLY in the North East-----they are usually descended from
farm people and ---laborers. Maryam-grape-vine... focused on the old "aristocratic" families of the SOUTH-----the ones who used to own plantations -----and stuff like that. Appalachia is chock full of the people you describe too-----and really poor. It is a fact, also---that if you deal in absolute numbers----MOST of the impoverished people in the USA--------are ----WHITEs------they are less visible than the large numbers of black impoverished because they usually live OUT THERE IN THE STICKS whilst impoverished blacks live in city or large town places. There are very large numbers of poorly educated, poorly housed and poorly nourished----
left-overs from colonial days---but spread thinly in remote areas

It's very noticeable here, especially with the Scots.
Probably 5% of Pawling has Scottish heritage, and probably 50% of the derelicts here have Scottish heritage.

Actually the 3 biggest derelicts in Pawling are named Scot, Scottie, and William.

have you notice some bits and pieces of Scottish words and---the characteristic
accent in your Scottish neighbors

Actually, a lot of the richer Whites in the USA are the ones who came through Ellis Island, not the Colonials. Even around here the White derelict population is mostly of colonial origins such as Scots, English, German, French colonials. Even though most of the population here is Italian, and Irish Catholic.

actually, sobie my little pierogi -----you are right-----some of the really impoverished
people in the US are, as you say----Scottish, English, German and French background. ESPECIALLY in the North East-----they are usually descended from
farm people and ---laborers. Maryam-grape-vine... focused on the old "aristocratic" families of the SOUTH-----the ones who used to own plantations -----and stuff like that. Appalachia is chock full of the people you describe too-----and really poor. It is a fact, also---that if you deal in absolute numbers----MOST of the impoverished people in the USA--------are ----WHITEs------they are less visible than the large numbers of black impoverished because they usually live OUT THERE IN THE STICKS whilst impoverished blacks live in city or large town places. There are very large numbers of poorly educated, poorly housed and poorly nourished----
left-overs from colonial days---but spread thinly in remote areas

It's very noticeable here, especially with the Scots.
Probably 5% of Pawling has Scottish heritage, and probably 50% of the derelicts here have Scottish heritage.

Actually the 3 biggest derelicts in Pawling are named Scot, Scottie, and William.
Where is here? Pawling New York?

Wealth redistribution should be institutional so that it helps Labor as the least wealthy in our Republic.

Compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is the public sector means of production that can accomplish it in a market friendly manner in our at-will employment States.

Wealth redistribution should be institutional so that it helps Labor as the least wealthy in our Republic.

Compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is the public sector means of production that can accomplish it in a market friendly manner in our at-will employment States.

it's already happening----not perfect----but not bad

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You quote a comedian. But you talk shit on serious black people.

Pathetic.

Serious like you, or someone who we’ve heard of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And who are you, boy?

Not the self proclaimed leader of the black people. And boy is a white racist word. You ought to be ashamed talkin like that.

Boy is a white racist word because of how whites saw blacks. You need to stop trying to use false equivalences. And I have not claimed to be the leader of the black people. I have said I am more capable of speaking for how the majority of blacks think than your white ass. And Chris Rock is an admitted high school dropout. He's a talented comedian but when it comes to complex matters in the black community, he will not be the one I would go to.

Unless I was holding a fundraiser and he would agree to headline it.

He just says things the way they are. Guess Farrakhan and Sharpton still represent. Both racist, and dumb as a box of rocks.

No, he says things to get a laugh. You call those two men racist because you're too weak to face what whites have done and keep doing.

Serious like you, or someone who we’ve heard of?

And who are you, boy?

Not the self proclaimed leader of the black people. And boy is a white racist word. You ought to be ashamed talkin like that.

Boy is a white racist word because of how whites saw blacks. You need to stop trying to use false equivalences. And I have not claimed to be the leader of the black people. I have said I am more capable of speaking for how the majority of blacks think than your white ass. And Chris Rock is an admitted high school dropout. He's a talented comedian but when it comes to complex matters in the black community, he will not be the one I would go to.

He just says things the way they are. Guess Farrakhan and Sharpton still represent. Both racist, and dumb as a box of rocks.

No, he says things to get a laugh. You call those two men racist because you're too weak to face what whites have done and keep doing.

Working? Maybe suggest that your people get jobs like you and I, and stop bitching. I never had anything given to me, and don’t control anything. I’m comfortable because I make my own way.

And who are you, boy?

Working? Maybe suggest that your people get jobs like you and I, and stop bitching. I never had anything given to me, and don’t control anything. I’m comfortable because I make my own way.

What I will suggest is you drop the dumb ass racist stereotypes. You say you've had nothing given to you, but evidence shows that you are wrong. You have got things people of color have not to such an extent that you are oblivious to it. The fact that you think you can tell me about black people not working when the black unemployment rate is 6 percent, meaning 94 percent of all blacks eligible do work, like what you say is the absolute truth about blacks even as a black man tells you it's not, shows just how tough white privilege really is.

We have the constitutional right to air our grievance. Until white racism ends that is what we will do. If you don't like that, you are free to move to an all white country where blacks aren't "bitching."

What I will suggest is you drop the dumb ass racist stereotypes. You say you've had nothing given to you, but evidence shows that you are wrong. You have got things people of color have not to such an extent that you are oblivious to it. The fact that you think you can tell me about black people not working when the black unemployment rate is 6 percent, meaning 94 percent of all blacks eligible do work, like what you say is the absolute truth about blacks even as a black man tells you it's not, shows just how tough white privilege really is.

We have the constitutional right to air our grievance. Until white racism ends that is what we will do. If you don't like that, you are free to move to an all white country where blacks aren't "bitching."

It’s not we airing grievances, just you it seems. As far as stereotypes, you use them all the time. If anyone wants to work, jobs are available. Can they work the same one for 30-40 years? That depends on them. No privilege in that. It may have been 40 years ago,but not now. Why don’t you cite evidence of it in 2019. Because it seems things have flipped. And my non bias for any race, means I have no problem pointing out the white trash that are in their 30’s, pumping out kids, and sucking off the government while not existing on paper either. But I don’t think they are my people or problem. I’m not blaming you.

Wealth is CREATED you stupid asscrack. Bill Gates was poor, and all his current wealth was created simply from his ideas and work. Anybody can be a billionaire. All it takes is a smart idea and hard work. Wealth is not a finite pie that gets sliced up and doled out. Wealth is created out of nothing.

As long as blacks are taught by leftists pigs that they are victims and whitey keeps them down and all their problems are someone else's fault, then thats how they will live their lives and there won'y be many black billionaires.

Its all in a kid's parenting. This sort of success is begins at an extremely young age, when parents drill into their kids heads the difference between right and wrong, and the importance of studying. But if you have parents who drill into your head that whitey is evil and the PO-lice hate you, then you will grow up to be a loser, and in part you can thank your stupid ass parents for that.

Somebody needs to break the cycle, like Ben Carson's mom did with him

And now this public service message:

What I will suggest is you drop the dumb ass racist stereotypes.......

Look who's talking. You are the biggest racist pig in this forum, not to mention the biggest whiner and crybaby. Shut the fuck up and get a job you sniveling dimwit

The following is the essence of the article. I had never heard the term 'Jim Crow Credit' before:

“First, you legally segregate, and then you let the market do it for you”

So just to run back the score: Southern slaveholding families were able to recuperate post-Civil War wealth losses within one generation, and by 1940 even those families’ grandchildren were doing better than their Southern peers. Also by 1940, low-income and working-class white families are ushered into wealth via federally backed housing and farming loans and derivative lines of credit. In that same time, freed African Americans are mostly robbed of what little bit of land they were able to possess after the Civil War, and passed over for the mortgage loans and credit lines awarded to white families.

In order to create, lose, and then re-create wealth—and then create new forms of wealth for other low-income white families—white families leveraged social networks and credit. This is the community context that the McKinsey report identifies as one of the crucial components needed for families to build wealth. Most African Americans were never able to develop this, and in the few areas where they did accumulate community-level wealth, it was taken from them. And they were unable to recover it due to racist residential and spatial settings.

The Amazing Resiliency of White Wealth - CityLab

Hello, NewsVine_Mariyam.

Do you recognize American moms choosing to adopt Uncle Sam to support themselves and the children they irresponsible introduce to
a traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood and teen upbringing fraught with Struggles, PAIN, Hardships, COMMUNITY FEAR, Frustrations, Uncertainty, Depression, Sorrow, Sadness, Torment, Demeaning Government Handouts, Resentment, HATE and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE...

...most likely will NEVER create wealth?

'Sa Neter' an American PRO BLACK community leader & founder of the 'House of Konsciousness' Harlem, NY, Keeping it REAL when sharing his opinion of POVERTY?

POVERTY toya graham .jpg

Peace.

Wealth is CREATED you stupid asscrack. Bill Gates was poor, and all his current wealth was created simply from his ideas and work. Anybody can be a billionaire. All it takes is a smart idea and hard work. Wealth is not a finite pie that gets sliced up and doled out. Wealth is created out of nothing.

As long as blacks are taught by leftists pigs that they are victims and whitey keeps them down and all their problems are someone else's fault, then thats how they will live their lives and there won'y be many black billionaires.

Its all in a kid's parenting. This sort of success is begins at an extremely young age, when parents drill into their kids heads the difference between right and wrong, and the importance of studying. But if you have parents who drill into your head that whitey is evil and the PO-lice hate you, then you will grow up to be a loser, and in part you can thank your stupid ass parents for that.

Somebody needs to break the cycle, like Ben Carson's mom did with him

And now this public service message:

What I will suggest is you drop the dumb ass racist stereotypes.......

Look who's talking. You are the biggest racist pig in this forum, not to mention the biggest whiner and crybaby. Shut the fuck up and get a job you sniveling dimwit

Wow! What an awesome post. Thank you.

You quote a comedian. But you talk shit on serious black people.

You know nothing about serious black people. You only know whiners and wannabe victims who blame their pathetic failures on other people.

I suggest you pick up a weapon and serve your country you sorry coward, then you will meet some serious people, but I doubt they would want to have anything to do with your lying coward ass

Forum List

Back