White American Diversity..

I'm thinkin a 90% share of the, "White Race" in the Republican party represents a pretty diverse group, why the insults by Democrats that Republicans aren't diverse?

--------------------------------:popcorn:

White Americans are people of the United States who are considered or consider themselves White. The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who reported “White” or wrote in entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."[4] Like all official U.S. racial categories, "White" has a "Not Hispanic or Latino" and a "Hispanic or Latino" component,[4] the latter consisting mostly of White Mexican Americans and white Cuban Americans. The term "Caucasian" is often used interchangeably with "White", despite the fact they are not synonymous.[5][6]

German Americans (16.5%), Irish Americans (11.9%), English Americans (9.0%), Italian Americans (5.8%), French Americans (4%), Polish Americans (3%), Scottish Americans (1.9%), Dutch Americans (1.6%), Norwegian Americans (1.5%), and Swedish Americans (1.4%) constitute the ten largest White American ancestries.[7] Whites constitute the majority, with a total of 223,553,265 or 72.4% of the population in the 2010 United States Census.

White American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For all intents and purposes, "race" in the United States is primarily dictated by skin color. I don't remember ever having to check that I'm a "Polish/Scottish" American on those standardized tests; usually it's just "Caucasian", "Black", ect.

White Italians - for example - have a much easier time assimilating into the larger majority because after only maybe 1-2 generations there's going to be virtually 0 distinctions between their offspring and that of a Polish Immigrant's offspring.

Well that depends on that Italian, some of them stay in their own community and are pretty tan.

Just mention the word white and the left starts frothing at the mouth.

Just mention the word black and the right wants to blame them for a crime.

That's a sick comment Luissa.. are you promoting racism this week or is it a lifetime ambition?

Did you say that to Willow, smart one? And it isn't promoting racism, it is speaking the truth. Martin case is prime example. The right is busy vilifying a dead kid with no criminal history or history of violence, while they give a pass to the person who killed him.
I live in a very right wing area, I have many friends who are right wingers here, the majority would stereotype a black man into being a criminal.

I'm thinkin a 90% share of the, "White Race" in the Republican party represents a pretty diverse group, why the insults by Democrats that Republicans aren't diverse?

--------------------------------:popcorn:

White Americans are people of the United States who are considered or consider themselves White. The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who reported “White” or wrote in entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."[4] Like all official U.S. racial categories, "White" has a "Not Hispanic or Latino" and a "Hispanic or Latino" component,[4] the latter consisting mostly of White Mexican Americans and white Cuban Americans. The term "Caucasian" is often used interchangeably with "White", despite the fact they are not synonymous.[5][6]

German Americans (16.5%), Irish Americans (11.9%), English Americans (9.0%), Italian Americans (5.8%), French Americans (4%), Polish Americans (3%), Scottish Americans (1.9%), Dutch Americans (1.6%), Norwegian Americans (1.5%), and Swedish Americans (1.4%) constitute the ten largest White American ancestries.[7] Whites constitute the majority, with a total of 223,553,265 or 72.4% of the population in the 2010 United States Census.

White American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im brown in the summer months. :lol:

That's a sick comment Luissa.. are you promoting racism this week or is it a lifetime ambition?

Did you say that to Willow, smart one? And it isn't promoting racism, it is speaking the truth. Martin case is prime example. The right is busy vilifying a dead kid with no criminal history or history of violence, while they give a pass to the person who killed him.
I live in a very right wing area, I have many friends who are right wingers here, the majority would stereotype a black man into being a criminal.

Then I suggest you rethink why they are your friends.

I have many types of friends. ;)
But I can't re think three brother, and a sister that think this way. All right wingers. Of course I know a few white liberals who think the same way.

I have many types of friends. ;)
But I can't re think three brother, and a sister that think this way. All right wingers. Of course I know a few white liberals who think the same way.

Shame. I feel your pain. I have a dumbass brother. Leech and user of the first order

I'm responding to your post, didn't read Willows.

One case and a few friends decides your point of view, interesting and myopic.

Sorry for pointing this out but there's racists all across the political spectrum and I feel you made a general statement that simply sucks..

Sorry for pointing this out but there's racists all across the political spectrum and I feel you made a general statement that simply sucks..
I quoted Willow's statement.
And years of experience and race relations class formed my opinion.

eh... I don't agree with your opinion..dang it...:lol:

eh... I don't agree with your opinion..dang it...:lol:

If you saw a young black man on the street with a hoodie and sagging pants, what would you think of him?

Forum List

Back