Whitacre Vows to ‘Learn About Cars’ as Chairman of New GM Board

maybe obama can take time to learn how to hire people that know what they're doing.

No surprise there...

He wasn't placed there because he knows anything about Cars or the car business... He was placed there to rubber stamp the fascist policies of the The Lord of the Idiots.

What we're watching is the complete, wholesale dismantling of America and the Constitution on which she rests.

This is like a surreal nightmare... and that I think is how this subversive fuck is pulling this off... No one seems to really expect this to continue; that SOMEONE will stop it and the simple fact is that there is NO ONE who has the power to do so.

I honestly can't see how this ends well...

Last edited:
Not that big of deal, many of the most successful CEO's in history didn't have a background in the industry that their company was engaged in, A CEO's job is working ON the business not in it.

A few examples
* Lou Gerstner (turned IBM around after spending most of his career at AMEX, RJR & McKinnsey)
* Alfred P. Sloan (made GM the giant it became after owning a roller bearing business)
* Steve Ballmer (marketing dweeb at Proctor & Gamble before joining Microsoft)

Being a "car guy" certainly helps to become a successful CEO in the Automotive Industry, however I don't think it's a requirement, it's far more important to have a guy at the top that knows how to run a business or in GM's case turn-around a business. Of course now that the government is involved in GM, I'm not sure anybody on the planet has enough qualifications to turn it around.

The fact that he is even able to recognize that he knows nothing about cars is in itself encouraging.

To realize that you don't know something is beyond the capacity of most people.

The fact that he is even able to recognize that he knows nothing about cars is in itself encouraging.

To realize that you don't know something is beyond the capacity of most people.

it's called being a "conscious incompetent"

Forum List

Back