Whistleblower vs Leaker. Where do we draw the distinction?

When they are alerting us to crimes.

Next.

Ciaramella had been FIRED for leaking over a year earlier, so HOW could he "alert" anyone of anything? All he did was interview sympathetic staffers and compile intel, he IS CIA after all, hand picked by KGB John.

Rep. McCaul: Sondland testimony confirms no quid pro quo
Then Vindman tried to change his transcript of the call later, after he first reported no quid pro quo! Why? He is also deeply involved with The Atlantic Council that winds back to all the actors we have seen previously that have since day one stated they would do anything to resist and get Trump removed from office. Telling that Schiff shut down and coached Vindman’s testimony.
Schiff coaches Vindman in testimony, stops him from answering GOP questions after he admits to sharing call details
Sondland corrected his perjury. And Vindland wanted left out parts added back to the transcript. Trump's lawyer said "Nyet."
Just wow. Can’t wait until a Dem is elected again and the right pulls the same tricks on the President.
Yes, the left caused Sondland to perjure' himself. And the left caused Trumps lawyer to cover up his phone calls with foreign leaders, as they are incriminating. Yep, sounds like you got it all figured out.

:rolleyes:
That is simply bull. You are so blind you can’t see the forest for the trees.
Just as you were with the Russia hoax.
What Russian hoax?
Just goes to show how much of a cozener you really are. And that isn’t a compliment.

His behavior, not quid pro quo!
False, it's quid pro quo by any measure. And, most importantly, it is illegal quid pro quo.

Uh no.

Explain why Eric Ciaramella was FIRED from his post in the white house?

{
Eric Ciaramella joined the Central Intelligence Agency at some point during President Obama’s second term. According to reports by The Washington Post and The New York Times about the whistleblower, prior to Ciaramella being named, and online records, Ciaramella was detailed to the White House to serve as a Ukraine expert with the National Security Council in 2015. He worked under National Security Advisor Susan Rice. The NSC is made up of analysts and staffers from various intelligence agencies, including the CIA, who are detailed to the White House for a period of time, before eventually returning to their parent agencies.

During his time with the National Security Council, Ciaramella also worked with then-Vice President Biden, who was working closely on Ukraine issues at the end of Obama’s time in office. Ciaramella is also listed as a guest at a 2016 luncheon to honor the prime minister of Italy, along with Biden.

In November 2015, Ciaramella is named as one of the officials who attended a White House meeting with Ukrainian religious leaders, along with his boss, Charles Kupchan. The Ukrainian religious leaders delivered a letter appealing to President Obama for aid for their country. Ciaramella is listed as the “NSC Director for Ukraine.” That position is now held by Alexander Vindman, a key witness in the impeachment inquiry, who listened to the call between President Trump and President Zelensky.

Ciaramella also has ties to former Democratic National Committee operative and opposition researcher Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who has been targeted by some conservatives as being behind an effort to accuse the Trump campaign of Russian collusion. Chalupa, then with the National Democratic Ethnic Coordinating Committee, was also in attendance at the November 2015 meeting with Ukrainian religious leaders, according to public records.}

Eric Ciaramella: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Btw, if the government actually did have the factual evidence that an employee LEAKED information that was classified, the employee would be fired.

The fact that this EC guy was not fired, is a tell tale sign that the right wing allegations of him being the leaker of that other stuff, has NOT been PROVEN as fact.
They just seized an easy target to scapegoat. They needed one for their slavering masses and have no idea who the real whistleblower is.

Sondland corrected his perjury. And Vindland wanted left out parts added back to the transcript. Trump's lawyer said "Nyet."
Just wow. Can’t wait until a Dem is elected again and the right pulls the same tricks on the President.
Yes, the left caused Sondland to perjure' himself. And the left caused Trumps lawyer to cover up his phone calls with foreign leaders, as they are incriminating. Yep, sounds like you got it all figured out.

:rolleyes:
That is simply bull. You are so blind you can’t see the forest for the trees.
Just as you were with the Russia hoax.
What Russian hoax?
Just goes to show how much of a cozener you really are. And that isn’t a compliment.
What russian hoax?

When they are alerting us to crimes.

Next.
I would agree but I fail to see a "CRIME"
Abuse of power is a crime.

~~~~~~
Is it a crime for the president to use his "Bully Pulpit" or claim that he can violate the Constitution using his pen and phone?
I don't think that happened.

Seems to me all we have done with whistle blower status is created an endless supply of political torpedoes.

We have become so divided that we are slowly drowning ourselves in our own toilet and the whistleblowers/leakers are holding our heads in the water.

How can leaking the contents of confidential presidential calls be considered a good thing? If you actually hear the president conspiring to commit a FELONY then I suppose it's ok. Up till that point I think all you are is a criminal leaker.

The Whistleblower after advise took the proper channels to report what he heard was a crime. There was only really one whistleblower and he pointed the impeachment Investigation to the people they should talk to. The Whistleblower was the equivalent of a guy who heard a guy talking about witnessing a crime and reports it to the cops. The witnesses are then being asked.

That is simply bull.
Nope. Completely factual. All facts now in the public domain. Your cultism is clouding your judgment.
You are right. The facts are out there. The problem is your sources are lying about the facts.
That's stupid. The sources are Vindland and Sondland thenselves.
Sondland himself said there was no qiod pro quo. So did Vindman until mysteriously later he decided he wanted his transcript changed. No little birdy told him, too, I’m sure, since he isn’t involved withe resisters, and all that. Nope, they had nothing to do with it. Nope, nothing at all.

if you believe that nonsense, you are either corrupt yourself or blind.
You are confused. Sonland has recanted his original testimony and corrected it. Vinland never changed his at all.

That is simply bull.
Nope. Completely factual. All facts now in the public domain. Your cultism is clouding your judgment.
You are right. The facts are out there. The problem is your sources are lying about the facts.
That's stupid. The sources are Vindland and Sondland thenselves. In sworn testimony.

Let's put the orange turd under oath. See what happens.
How about we start with SCHIFF and what he knew and did along with all those we now know he coached before they filed complaints...
We know?

Who's "we"?

How man times must you be told, the ones actually on the call stated there was no quid pro quo. It was made up because they need anything to try to oust this President because they don’t like him.
You are way behind. Of Col Vindman, on the call says there is a quid pro quo. Ambassador to the EU Sondham, on the call say there is a quid pro quo. Even before being seated Zelenskiy spent hours working with aides on how to handle the pressure from tRump. Even tRump's own incomplete, hig
Sorry, but I'm not buying the lies from our corrupt media. Propaganda from liberals is worth less than a bucket of spit.
Stop watching news broadcasts and read up on the case, dumb-ass.
If you wish to stay willfully ignorant it's not skin offa my ass. It's not like you really contribute to the discussions anyway.

Have a nice day.

Vindeman has already been caught...working with the democrats......what else do you have...since none of the witnesses so far can state, first hand, there was a quid pro quo.....
Nevermind the simple fact that Quid Pro Quo isn't against the law either.
Just like Collusion isn't against the law.
If it was most of the media and the Democrats would be in prison today.
Abuse of power is against the law. The quid pro quo is just that.
Yeah, it was when it actually happened with Biden. Calling for him to be charged anytime soon?
It didn't happen with Joe Biden.

How man times must you be told, the ones actually on the call stated there was no quid pro quo. It was made up because they need anything to try to oust this President because they don’t like him.
You are way behind. Of Col Vindman, on the call says there is a quid pro quo. Ambassador to the EU Sondham, on the call say there is a quid pro quo. Even before being seated Zelenskiy spent hours working with aides on how to handle the pressure from tRump. Even tRump's own incomplete, hig
Sorry, but I'm not buying the lies from our corrupt media. Propaganda from liberals is worth less than a bucket of spit.
If you wish to stay willfully ignorant it's not skin offa my ass. It's not like you really contribute to the discussions anyway.

Have a nice day.

Vindeman has already been caught...working with the democrats......what else do you have...since none of the witnesses so far can state, first hand, there was a quid pro quo.....
Nevermind the simple fact that Quid Pro Quo isn't against the law either.
Just like Collusion isn't against the law.
If it was most of the media and the Democrats would be in prison today.
Abuse of power is against the law. The quid pro quo is just that.
You keep making this accusation and every time we ask you for proof you run.... PROOF!
Proof that abuse of power is against the law?are you really claiming you don't know that?

Look it up. As orevprevio stated I am no longer playing the "water is wet" game with you idjits.

Seems to me all we have done with whistle blower status is created an endless supply of political torpedoes. We have become so divided that we are slowly drowning ourselves in our own toilet and the whistleblowers/ leakers are holding our heads in the water. How can leaking the contents of confidential presidential calls be considered a good thing? If you actually hear the president conspiring to commit a FELONY then I suppose it's ok. Up till that point I think all you are is a criminal leaker.
The Founders would have gone with whomever was exposing an over-extending executive.

I want to thank this thread for introducing me to the newest trolls on USMB.

They are fun but not worthy of my time!

:laugh2:

Sondland himself said there was no qiod pro quo.
And then corrected his perjury. Welcome to 3 posts ago.

Not sure where you are gettong this nonsense about Vibdland. He said from the start that trumps behavior was concerning and probably not legal.

You live in an alternate reality.
His behavior, not quid pro quo! Well, for your info, many of us found Obama’s behavior concerning, but didn’t call for impeachment just because we didn’t like his policies. And Sondland, my dear. Give it up.

Yes, he both confirmed the qui pro quo and stated it was wrong/concerning to him.

Seems to me all we have done with whistle blower status is created an endless supply of political torpedoes.

We have become so divided that we are slowly drowning ourselves in our own toilet and the whistleblowers/leakers are holding our heads in the water.

How can leaking the contents of confidential presidential calls be considered a good thing? If you actually hear the president conspiring to commit a FELONY then I suppose it's ok. Up till that point I think all you are is a criminal leaker.

As with all conservatives and 9/11 Truthers (there is no longer a difference), content is the sole arbiter of credibility.

The Quid Quo Pro was ongoing for months, according to sworn testimony - which is something we won't see from the administration. It wasn't restricted to a single phone call, and if it were, an adult reading of that call screams quid pro quo.

It's not foreign policy.
Joe Biden was threatening the Ukraine for months and then hit them with stopping 1.3 Billion dollars. It wasn't Trump, It was Biden doing this..
No.

It wasn't Joe Biden, it was the US government, along various EU governments, the IMF, and other organizations.

Please stop propagating fake news.

Cherrypicked nonsense.

Your one liners are nothing more than that. The facts speak for themselves.

Which is why I only need one short sentence to correct your nonsense.

Cherry picking a phrase or two is a tired old trick son.
Abuse of Powerr is cherry picking a phrase when you can't come up with a crime.

Nice point.
No, it's an actual crime.

Sorry about that.

Fine

Statutes please.

thanks in advance.
If you require proof that abuse of power is a crime look it up for yourself. As I have repeatedly stated I am no longer playing the "water is wet" game with you dingbats.

Enacting ones own policies once elected is an abuse of power? You don’t even hear yourself.

Leveraging US foreign aid in exchange for publicity damaging to one's domestic political opponent isn't foreign policy. What makes you guys say such stupid stuff?
Name the crime God Dammit!

Just like the Mueller Investigation.
The whole thing was nothing other than a fishing-expedition looking for crimes.
The So-called Whistleblower is just an excuse to start another investigation.
This time America is paying attention....and they aren't buying it.
As noted in my previous response:

Turn on you TV, I don't have the patience to play "water is wet" with you morons.

Have a nice day.
Rep. McCaul: Sondland testimony confirms no quid pro quo
Then Vindman tried to change his transcript of the call later, after he first reported no quid pro quo! Why? He is also deeply involved with The Atlantic Council that winds back to all the actors we have seen previously that have since day one stated they would do anything to resist and get Trump removed from office. Telling that Schiff shut down and coached Vindman’s testimony.
Schiff coaches Vindman in testimony, stops him from answering GOP questions after he admits to sharing call details
Oh, so Sondland is a liar? One not to be trusted by anyone then.
Sondland himself said there was no qiod pro quo.
And then corrected his perjury. Welcome to 3 posts ago.

Not sure where you are gettong this nonsense about Vibdland. He said from the start that trumps behavior was concerning and probably not legal.

You live in an alternate reality.
His behavior, not quid pro quo! Well, for your info, many of us found Obama’s behavior concerning, but didn’t call for impeachment just because we didn’t like his policies. And Sondland, my dear. Give it up.

Yes, he both confirmed the qui pro quo and stated it was wrong/concerning to him.

So two faced, it’s remarkable.

You are falling for the fake news again.

The Biden thing is a conspiracy theory. It did not happen the way the RWNJ propaganda machine wants you to think it did.

All the information is out there, educate yourself.
Except... Your Dufus Frontrunner does his Barney Fife impersonation bragging about how Bribed the Ukrainian government to fire a prosecutor looking into his son's company's corruption.

Joe Biden bragging about it on video kinda nukes your 'conspiracy theory' silliness.

Thoroughly debunked nonsense.

Time for you conservitards to move on to new lie, this one is getting pretty tatty.

Forum List

Back