Whip It! (2009)

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWjeCNp9Ww&feature=fvw]YouTube - 'Whip It!' Trailer HD[/ame]

Trailer for 'Whip It' - starring Ellen Page, Zoe Bell, Marcia Gay Harden, Drew Barrymore, Kristen Wiig.

Tired of being pushed into beauty pageants by her parents, Texas teen Bliss finds herself after joining a female roller derby team.

Release Date: October 9th, 2009

Directed by: Drew Barrymore

Fox Searchlight Pictures

Drew Barrymore's directorial debut. This movie was brought to my attention tonight once again by a friend who sent me the link to the trailer and a certain interview.

Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page Interview - Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page in Whip It - Marie Claire

DB: On the movie, we'd do our costume fittings together and just talk about how to be comfortable with your body. I'd basically chase her around and say, "If you don't mind doing this scene in your underwear—and keep those black socks on—I'd love it." That's more real: When you spend the night with girlfriends, you're going to wake up in your undies and socks.

EP: That was cut from the movie, though, wasn't it?

DB: It was, it was.
But also in the locker room wearing those tiny little outfits. Ellen has such a beautiful body, and I personally battled with my own body image for years. I used to tell myself, You can't wear anything sleeveless or strapless. And all of a sudden I was like, What if I just didn't send such negative messages to my brain and said, wear it and enjoy it? And now I'm more comfortable in clothes than ever.

BOO!

And I thought this was the most interesting part of the interview:

DB: She was in her frickin' bra with an open jacket and hot-pink shorts, skating around the rink with red lips and ...

EP: I was having a really good time.

DB: ... and she was sexy as a mother ... a feral creature

Until I saw some of the pictures from the photoshoot:

$293.ad.Page.Barrymore.091109.jpg

$ellen-page-drew-barrymore-kiss-06.jpg

Uhh..Was I saying something? Oh, OH, right right, so who's going to see this? :lol:

Last edited:
I am not too much up on movies and thanks for posting about this, but Drew Barrymore is great. So, I may make it a point to see this one...or just wait until it's on PPV.

I am not too much up on movies and thanks for posting about this, but Drew Barrymore is great. So, I may make it a point to see this one...or just wait until it's on PPV.

While I think they are both fine actresses (If you haven't seen Hard Candy with Page, see it) I'd also much want to see more pictures like this photo shoot from them. :lol:

I love Drew Barrymoore.

She brings out the paternal instinct in me.

I'm pleased to hear she's moving into directing.

Forum List

Back