whinning....

military retirees use a government run health care....as does the entire military

My father was career Air Force. For many years, they paid extra into the system so that it would cover my mother too, then when they were in their 60's congress decided it was too expensive to cover the spouses and stopped that program. They never got one dime of that money paid in back.

I have NO problem with providing care for her son, nor anyone that NEEDS it. I have a problem with the bureaucracy created around her son at my expense that STILL can't seem to care for him but gets paid any-damned-way. Yet another failed Dem social program. I have a problem with people being allowed to scam that very same social program but it basically took an act of Congress for my spouse to get disability when she has paid into the fucking system all her fucking life and actually needs it.

More money will be spent enlarging government and creating a nightmare than will actually EVER go into taking care of people and yeah, I got a BIG problem with that.

i would say this program was established before obama...i would be interested to see how it has been handled from one administration to another....

perhaps if we as citizens stopped falling for the red herring of things changing when we elect different parties we would see that the government has become a living breathing creature that wants to survive ...and grow...if you look at what is happening in this country as one huge social trend and dont put on blinders that only see partisan afflication...then you will see...neither party is different...the partisan mal is simply a distraction to keep people from realizing that both parties are simply fucking them under the name of 'government'....had mccain been elected we would still have the poor economy...and higher rates of spending...those of you who think that the republican party or the democratic party give a flying fuck about the common man are the ones who are sheep....sheep are just stupid...dont matter what party they belong to...stupidity crosses party lines.

I don't care how it's handled from one administration to the other. Poorly works for both and/or all of the above. It's a bureaucratic nightmare and our tax dollars employ those bureaucrats to not give a fuck.

You speak of red herrings then throw an ad hominem attack on McCain into the fray. I wouldn't vote for that doddering old fool and his concubine anymore than I would vote for an unqualified idiot like Obama. McCain would have fucked this up just as bad.

It isn't about parties. It's about BOTH parties that make up the government which creates the bureaucracy that has its noses in every facet of our lives, like it or not. How'd you like to be raided by the DEA, bones? How do you feel about some shill in DC deciding you can't smoke pot? But you CAN get drunk in a bar and drive a one tone weapon 70 mph down the freeway going home?

I completely empathize with Sheila. Those who actually need the support don't get it while you stand in line and watch some lame fuck buy beer with food stamps while our elected officials spend millions for months debating steroids in MLB.

Is THAT we're supposed to be about?

I agree, it's BOTH parties. I voted constitutional party last time. So many Americans were upset with both parties I was expecting them to vote for a 3rd party also, but no dice, no balls, or just plain no sense.

Oh, and BTW, foodstamps won't pay for beer, they will however pay for the finest steak.

Not to be insensitive or anything of the sort As, as I have always thought of you as a friend here on the board, and I'm just thinking out loud... I have no idea what options there are available to you, but would having your son put in some sort of home for disabled children be an option?

We've been on the waiting list for respite care since he was in 2nd grade. We reached the top of the list last June. We had found an Adult Family Home for him the previous January. They closed it last September. I had 8 months without my son 24/7 and it was heaven, I think that's partly why I'm so depressed now. I've been looking for another AFH, but the only one that wants him already has 5 low function young men and only one caregiver. No way would I put him in there. My husband and I can barely handle Andrew together can you imagine 6 of them and ONE caregiver?

I'm still looking, but our state really needs some laws. I hear that in Iowa, their AFHs have to have one caregiver for every 2 residents. Our state allows one for SIX. Now that's not so bad if most of them are high functioning but when they're all like my Andrew that's just plain stupid. It's an accident waiting to happen.

And now we are back at the bottom of the waiting list for respite care....We might actually get some when we are in our 80s, if we make it that long.

That is horrible Sheila :( I hope you can find the help you need sooner then that - that system sucks :(

New Topics

Forum List

Back