whining protesters looking for handouts

You're being rather presumptuous in all of this, wouldn't you agree?
No.

You are. Extremely presumptions, to the point extreme annoyance... asking an impossible question, and then acting high and mighty when an answer isn't given. Answer the question yourself if you need an answer so bad.
My, aren't your feelings all fragile.

Okay, I'll answer my own question: The occupations aren't going to make a bit of difference to Wall Street.

You are. Extremely presumptions, to the point extreme annoyance... asking an impossible question, and then acting high and mighty when an answer isn't given. Answer the question yourself if you need an answer so bad.

Okay, I'll answer my own question: The occupations aren't going to make a bit of difference to Wall Street.

My feelings are fragile, because you asked a logically incoherent question? That's a stretch!

That wasn't so hard now, was it. I already answered your question, by the way, if you read back, but I will indulge you Dave.

I don't pretend to think that people protesting outside of a stone castle are going to change what the king does, but that doesn't mean that the king's attitude doesn't need changing. In time, who knows what will happen. This is effecting change in smaller ways that way someday lead to bigger change. It has to start somewhere Dave. A little support might be appropriate considering they are attempting to defend you from Wall Street as well, and everybody, and courageous enough to do it, unlike cowards here who simply belittle them on such unsubstantial grounds as 'image' and other ad hominem attacks, which are so inconsequential in the big picture of brining down this goliath that has been constructed over many years and is going strong, working only to serve itself, while creating the illusion that it is serving others. You and many others are being duped, and at the same time make fun of those who try to point this out to you. It is understandable, as I was duped for a very long time too, and might have agreed with you a few years ago, but no more.

The mistake the left makes is to imagine they are defending anyone from Wall Street. It exists only in their minds.

The difference is in perception of the enemy. To the right, the enemy isn't Wall Street, it's an overreaching government trying to take what they worked for and give it to people like the OWS protesters. That doesn't make Wall Street an enemy but an ally.

The mistake the left makes is to imagine they are defending anyone from Wall Street. It exists only in their minds.

The difference is in perception of the enemy. To the right, the enemy isn't Wall Street, it's an overreaching government trying to take what they worked for and give it to people like the OWS protesters. That doesn't make Wall Street an enemy but an ally.

The mistake anybody mistakes is to imagine the Government or Wall Street as an ally. The key is to separate the two from eachother.

There is little doubt that Wall Street is required to and does pay off politicians to get political favors. That's the way the DNC launders their money.

There is little doubt that Wall Street is required to and does pay off politicians to get political favors. That's the way the DNC launders their money.

So the only fault goes to the democrats? Are you KIDDING???

All politicians take pay offs, but democrats have refined it to an art form.

Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and Franklin Raines ring a bell.

My feelings are fragile, because you asked a logically incoherent question? That's a stretch!
It wasn't logically incoherent.
That wasn't so hard now, was it. I already answered your question, by the way, if you read back, but I will indulge you Dave.

I don't pretend to think that people protesting outside of a stone castle are going to change what the king does, but that doesn't mean that the king's attitude doesn't need changing. In time, who knows what will happen. This is effecting change in smaller ways that way someday lead to bigger change. It has to start somewhere Dave. A little support might be appropriate considering they are attempting to defend you from Wall Street as well, and everybody, and courageous enough to do it, unlike cowards here who simply belittle them on such unsubstantial grounds as 'image' and other ad hominem attacks, which are so inconsequential in the big picture of brining down this goliath that has been constructed over many years and is going strong, working only to serve itself, while creating the illusion that it is serving others. You and many others are being duped, and at the same time make fun of those who try to point this out to you. It is understandable, as I was duped for a very long time too, and might have agreed with you a few years ago, but no more.

That wasn't an answer.

You forgot Unions and thier power to money launder as well.

I didn't really forget them. The subject was Wall Street's purchase of political favors. The unions are worse, because they fleece the union members, no matter how they feel, to launder money to the DNC. They are marginally worse.

They're not "laundering money".

They're out and out buying influence.

The money is (mostly, one assumes) clean to begin with, and it BECOMES DIRTY under the guise that it is merely a campaign donation.

Of course one has to be a complete fool to believe that the billions of dollars that are going to the Parties and the insiders in government aren't influencing their decisions.

The mistake anybody mistakes is to imagine the Government or Wall Street as an ally. The key is to separate the two from eachother.

Alas, that would be the worst thing to do.

Wall Street and Washington (I am differentiating here NOT government that is too broad and diminishes all really good individuals who participate in local government with nary a nod for their efforts compared to the glitzy McCains and Pelosis who just love and adore the "circuit").

1600 and Wall Street are sadly now joined at the hip. One can't survive without the other.

That's how I know the protest is a complete and utter farce. Certainly there are good souls within the camps who truly beleive they are "doing something". But it's all a Steven Speilberg faux moment.

What a pity.

They're not "laundering money".

They're out and out buying influence.

The money is (mostly, one assumes) clean to begin with, and it BECOMES DIRTY under the guise that it is merely a campaign donation.

Of course one has to be a complete fool to believe that the billions of dollars that are going to the Parties and the insiders in government aren't influencing their decisions.

To quote the great Marsha Warfield, "It takes a special kind of stupid" to believe that the money doesn't run the show.

Solyandra was a perfect example of democrats using a company to launder tax payer funds back into political donations. They had it down to a T.

Forum List

Back