While tragic and My heart bleeds for them......

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
This takes Me back to when My half-brother and I took on the grade school in a snowball fight where we had the best snow fort.

I have to say, this could be some epic snowball battles going on up in here...

SenecaNY.jpg

I was once caught in an epic snowfall in Crested Butte Colorado. Couldn't get back to Denver to back to work for several days and had no choice but to swill hot buttered rum by the fire. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Actually, the last year I lived in Denver, we had a snowfall that kept us holed up for several days. We were lucky to have a fire place, wood and a cast iron frying pan we were able to heat up food in. When we finally got the garage door open, the entire opening was solid snow.

A couple of years before that, I remember hiking to a local store and, at one point, watching a city bus coming down the street sideways and not being sure which way to run. We dug out an elderly neighbor couple and gave them food.

I really love where I live now. Absolutely love living right on a huge lake with the wildlife, eagles coming and going but it has been cold this past week. The winter weather still brings out the Desert Rat in me.

And I really do feel bad for the folks caught in this storm.

If it starts raining that snow is going to weigh several times more. I'd be trying to get as much of it off my roof as quickly as possible.

Forum List

Back