While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

No. My plan is:

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2017 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

But I'd be happy with a 1:1 tax credit for employee expenses up to the amount of federal tax owed.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

How are assets owned by corporations "not in the economy"?

Please show us how monetary assets in holding accounts are 'in the economy?'

Please show me these monetary assets in holding accounts.

Why do you think banks now charge for holding accounts?

The amounts are almost all cash assets of every US based corporation. Trillions.

You're talking about bank accounts? You think US corporations have $100 trillion in the bank? Link?

You want to get money held in bank accounts, "back into the economy"?
What makes you think money in the bank is outside the economy?

It's a bank account not in the usual definition. It's only a place to park monies.

Final sales to domestic purchasers were about $17.2 trillion last year.
A 30% tax on that would yield $5.16 trillion.
After you give them a $10.27 trillion credit, for employee expenses, the government is still handing them
over $5 trillion a year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year which would be spent in the economy, boosting the economy by $8.5 trillion per year.

Final sales to domestic purchasers were about $17.2 trillion last year.
A 30% tax on that would yield $5.16 trillion.
After you give them a $10.27 trillion credit, for employee expenses, the government is still handing them
over $5 trillion a year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year which would be spent in the economy, boosting the economy by $8.5 trillion per year.

No, that would be handing employees $5 trillion per year

Giving more money to employers gives more money to employees?
That refutes pretty much everything you've claimed about business tax cuts.

If employers want to eliminate federal taxes.

Under your "plan", they don't have to give a penny more to cut their taxes to zero.

Under my plan, the ONLY deductions are State and local taxes/fees and employee expenses.

Right.
Employee expenses are over $10 trillion.

Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2017 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

Yes, that was one of the first of your errors I remember.

Costs overall aren't 16 times higher than in 1970?

Not unless you have a reliable source showing that.......

Bought a car recently?

So you don't have a source that shows costs are 16 times 1970 levels?

Bought a car recently?

Find any evidence of your claim recently?

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs)

Writing off COGS isn't a subsidy. Neither is any other legitimate business expense, like interest or depreciation.

A subsidy is a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.

Right.
Allowing a business to deduct legitimate business expenses, before taxing their profit, is not a subsidy.

Business deductions are subsidies.

If you're charging a tax on business profit, you need to deduct expenses in order to calculate that profit.
That's not a subsidy. That's basic accounting.
Handing someone a government check because they buy an electric vehicle or because they install solar panels on their roof......those are subsidies.

I did. State and local taxes and fees and employee expenses, which btw is the largest expense.

employee expenses, which btw is the largest expense.

$10 trillion, no fucking kidding.

Remove the FICA limit.

Silly.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

Unconstitutional. Unworkable. Stupid.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Unconstitutional. Unenforceable. Stupid.

Please elaborate.

The government does not have the Constitutional authority to force every American person and corporation to sell their off shore holdings or to prevent them from investing off shore.
If they tried, such an action would be stupid.

Ditto for fees and prices.
If they tried, such an action would be stupid.

And even if you control prices and fees, why do you feel that would allow you to control costs?

Easy, make it illegal.

Those laws would be unconstitutional, unenforceable, economically damaging, stupid, pointless.

Your Libertarianism is making you stupid.

Your stupidity made you stupid.
Tell me again how many trillions your "plan" hands to businesses. LOL!

-Make inversion illegal.

Why would anyone invert when you've made business tax rates negative?

Inversion is used more for walking on deferred income more than a lower tax rate.

You've just made business taxes zero. So no tax on deferred income either.

I explained why companies play the inversion game. Under my plan there wouldn't be a need.

Exactly. With a 0% corporate tax, no one would invert.
The fact that you also want to make inversions illegal just shows you didn't understand what your "plan" did.

Under my plan there wouldn't be a need.

Exactly.
The fact that you make it illegal as part of your plan highlights your ignorance.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%

Your plan would hand businesses trillions from the government.

My plan would hand trillions to middle class workers to spend in the economy.

You're handing trillions to business.

To reimburse them for local taxes and fees as well as employee expenses. Subsidies are given to business today to boost their bottom line.

To reimburse them for local taxes and fees as well as employee expenses.

Yes, you made their taxes negative.
You want to reimburse them for over $10 trillion in expenses.

Subsidies are given to business today to boost their bottom line.

Yes, we should eliminate all the stupid "green energy" subsidies.
Agricultural subsidies. You can probably list more. Mostly politically motivated. Kill them.

Helping consumers pay their power bill?

Family farm subsidies?

Kill them.

How are assets owned by corporations "not in the economy"?

Please show us how monetary assets in holding accounts are 'in the economy?'

Please show me these monetary assets in holding accounts.

The amounts are almost all cash assets of every US based corporation. Trillions.

You're talking about bank accounts? You think US corporations have $100 trillion in the bank? Link?

You want to get money held in bank accounts, "back into the economy"?
What makes you think money in the bank is outside the economy?

It's a bank account not in the usual definition. It's only a place to park monies.

Show me that companies have $100 trillion parked somewhere outside the economy.

Look, setting artificial wages instead of letting the free market dictate what a job is worth never works out. Raising the minimum wage hurts the people that liberals supposedly worry about...the very young and those without job skills. I know that you folks struggle with basic economics but raising entry level wages results in two things...young and unskilled people having fewer chances to get into the job market...and inflation as prices rise to cover the cost of across the board raises for labor.
Almost wasn't noticeable in Washington State.

Washington unemployment at its lowest in nine years

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why anyone thinks there should be a national minimum wage. We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

If those states, cities or towns want to establish a minimum wage, fine. We have seen recently where several areas increased their minimum wage and, seeing the negative effects, dropped them back to their original amount. But then, Progressives are such slow learners.

We have fifty states, thousands of cities and towns all with wildly varying costs of living.

All with greedy employers who will screw-over their employees to make mo' money.

Employers who "screw-over" their employees inevitably lose their good employees to their competition that treats them as valued assets. You don't need to legislate that. I'm guessing from your naïve posts that you've never managed people?
Special pleading in a vacuum means nothing with a "work or starve" regime.

Fact: Raising minimum wage above government poverty support levels so workers can stand on their own 2 feet & spend their own money how they see fit creates tax paying jobs & lowers unemployment rates, inflation & deficits.

Cutting minimum wage increases government dependency, deficit spending, inflation & unemployment.

Fact: Raising minimum wage above government poverty support levels so workers can stand on their own 2 feet & spend their own money how they see fit creates tax paying jobs & lowers unemployment rates, inflation & deficits.

Cutting minimum wage increases government dependency, deficit spending, inflation & unemployment.

Raising minimum wage above government poverty support levels so workers can stand on their own 2 feet

Exactly!! And if it results in massive layoffs of low skilled and unskilled workers, fuck 'em, eh?

Raising minimum wage above government poverty support levels so workers can stand on their own 2 feet

Exactly!! And if it results in massive layoffs of low skilled and unskilled workers, fuck 'em, eh?
Repubtard has a reading comprehension problem!
civic-action.jpg

Repubtard has a reading comprehension problem!
civic-action.jpg

Yes, it is possible to reduce unemployment, even while you price low-skilled workers out of the market.

Seattle's 2.9% Unemployment Rate Tells Us Nothing About The Effects Of Seattle's Minimum Wage Rise

It tells us right wingers have mostly fantasy, not market based facts.

A subsidy is a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive

Also, the amount paid to insurance companies by other taxpayers to pay other people insurance which has deductibles so high it is of no value.

Oh, it's not just about minumum wage. With the country focused on the GOP being traitors and the GOP being racist, the Trump administration is doing all kinds of of things that will damage this country for decades:

EPA moves to rewrite limits for coal power plant wastewater

Acting at the behest of electric utilities who opposed the stricter standards, Pruitt first moved in April to delay implementation of the new guidelines. The wastewater flushed from the coal-fired plants into rivers and lakes typically contains traces of such highly toxic heavy metals as lead, arsenic, mercury and selenium.

-----------------

Republicans want to turn that nations drinking water into Flint, Michigan. It's been their dream for decades.

A subsidy is a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive

Also, the amount paid to insurance companies by other taxpayers to pay other people insurance which has deductibles so high it is of no value.
FBI: Hillary too stupid to know classified information when she fell over it!

GOWDY: [...] Clinton said ‘I did not e-mail any classified material to anyone on my e-mail. Was that true?
COMEY: There was classified material e-mail.
GOWDY: [...] Clinton said all work-related e-mails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?
COMEY: No. We found work-related e-mails, thousands that were not returned.

In a later exchange with Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) Comey said Clinton wasn’t sophisticated enough to understand what information was classified and what wasn’t.

-----------

I'm curious. Since Powell and Condi Rice didn't turn over a single email after being ordered to, an order both ignored, do the rules only apply to Democrats?

What is the typical household income where at least one worker earns minimum wage?

Seattle's 2.9% Unemployment Rate Tells Us Nothing About The Effects Of Seattle's Minimum Wage Rise

My guess is that Seattle has one of the highest costs of living in the country meaning, few if any workers were affected by the partial increase in the minimum wage.

Average home price in Gainesville, FL Zip code 32605 $115,000 All Florida $135,000

Average home price in Seattle, WA Zip Code 98178 $214,000 All Washinton $235,000
Moving.com: Compare Two Cities

Why do you think the minimum wage should be set by the Federal Government again?

Forum List

Back