While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage — yes, you read that right

While journalists and political junkies are focused on the latest implosion of the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare and gut Medicaid, conservatives in several states have been working to decrease the minimum wage that businesses can pay to their workers.

In Missouri, Republicans just passed a law overturning a local measure passed by the city of St. Louis that had raised the minimum wage to $10 per hour.

Senate grinds to a halt as Republicans push local minimum wage ban through

The Republicans' hypocrisy on minimum wage

------------------------------------------

How Much Could I Receive? | Food and Nutrition Service

Say a mother of two is making 8 bucks an hour. That's around $1280 a month. Say she's single because her husband died and left her without any money. And out of that $1280 is rent and clothes and healthcare.

According to food stamp rules, she would get her income times .3 which would be subtracted from $511 which would come out to less than $130 a month.

There is one problem with that amount. Republicans think it is way too much.

Yea, the heartless bastards think that's way too much. That's today's GOP. They kneel at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard. Far removed from Christ.

Right wingers vote them into office because they believe their lives aren't miserable enough.

And now, they think Putin, of all the evil people in the world, is a "great" leader. Because people in Russia are so happy.

Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable

What else are they up to?

Same as they're always up to - screwing over people and putting money in their own pockets and the pockets of their 1% buddies.

lowering minimum wage is a good thing so people who work at those jobs can earn more money. Seattle just proved , once again, that raising it to $15 actually lowered hours and thus lowered wages.

Reality is always a cold slap in the face for liberals who are typically brainless yet they persist in commenting on subjects they cant possibly understand..

upload_2017-7-9_20-34-22.jpeg

Do feel free to start your own business and pay your employees that much without raising your prices significantly to cover that added expense for another ten or more employees every month.

Let us know how that works out for you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage — yes, you read that right

While journalists and political junkies are focused on the latest implosion of the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare and gut Medicaid, conservatives in several states have been working to decrease the minimum wage that businesses can pay to their workers.

In Missouri, Republicans just passed a law overturning a local measure passed by the city of St. Louis that had raised the minimum wage to $10 per hour.

Say a mother of two is making 8 bucks an hour. That's around $1280 a month. Say she's single because her husband died and left her without any money. And out of that $1280 is rent and clothes and healthcare.

According to food stamp rules, she would get her income times .3 which would be subtracted from $511 which would come out to less than $130 a month.

Yea, the heartless bastards think that's way too much. That's today's GOP. They kneel at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard. Far removed from Christ.

Right wingers vote them into office because they believe their lives aren't miserable enough.

And now, they think Putin, of all the evil people in the world, is a "great" leader. Because people in Russia are so happy.

Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
It's the people's fault. I say lower minimum wage. The people who make minimum wage don't vote. They are realizing elections have consequences

• Banned

It's the people's fault. I say lower minimum wage. The people who make minimum wage don't vote. They are realizing elections have consequences
Punish people who make minimum wage because they aren't punished enough? Really?

• Banned

Same as they're always up to - screwing over people and putting money in their own pockets and the pockets of their 1% buddies.

lowering minimum wage is a good thing so people who work at those jobs can earn more money. Seattle just proved , once again, that raising it to $15 actually lowered hours and thus lowered wages.

Reality is always a cold slap in the face for liberals who are typically brainless yet they persist in commenting on subjects they cant possibly understand..
So because Seattle passed a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage law, they should be cut in a dozen other states where they were making 10 dollars an hour? Could you explain how that makes sense.

Punish people who make minimum wage because they aren't punished enough? Really?
I see the goop's side of this. There are situations where the kid should only be getting $5 hr. The putt putt golf coarse kid or batting cage kid.

Anyways, why didn't these poor people show up for Hillary? So now they're going to realize the difference between parties.

I'm not going to cry every time Republicans do what Republicans do. Let's hope people show up in 2018. Will they?

I suggest everyone get back in school and learn some kind of trade. I also suggest it's one a robot will unlikely be able to do. The truth is although it's hard if not impossible to make it on such a low minimum wage, if workers push for too high of an increase, technology will take their job altogether. This is coming regardless folks so better get educated and get with the program.

I see the goop's side of this. There are situations where the kid should only be getting $5 hr. The putt putt golf coarse kid or batting cage kid.

Anyways, why didn't these poor people show up for Hillary? So now they're going to realize the difference between parties.

I'm not going to cry every time Republicans do what Republicans do. Let's hope people show up in 2018. Will they?
They're trying to keep you in your job. In case you haven't heard, robotics are taking over. McDonald's is already starting to fire workers and replace them with machinery.

How about the whole concept of an "entry level" job being entry level, and not something designed to raise a family on, or even be something you can support yourself on.

The idea is to work up the ladder, not hang on the bottom rung and wonder why its so hard to be hanging there.

I suggest everyone get back in school and learn some kind of trade. I also suggest it's one a robot will unlikely be able to do. The truth is although it's hard if not impossible to make it on such a low minimum wage, if workers push for too high of an increase, technology will take their job altogether. This is coming regardless folks so better get educated and get with the program.
And stop having more kids than you can afford to educate. The planet would appreciate it

How about the whole concept of an "entry level" job being entry level, and not something designed to raise a family on, or even be something you can support yourself on.

The idea is to work up the ladder, not hang on the bottom rung and wonder why its so hard to be hanging there.
That's the real problem. I'm not going to tell Republicans what to do. They told blue collar they would make America great again and if part of their plan is to lower minimum wage, who am I to argue? Do you make minimum wage? I don't. So raising minimum wage lowers the value of my salary. Is my employer going to raise my wages?

Blue collar voted for Trump and Republicans. Let them see what voting Republican gets them.

In a factory that pays minimum wage they usually give a 30 cent raise after 6 months. That's shit.

But wait a second! I just thought of something. Why would any employer try to pay minimum wage now? We were told that with illegals gone companies would be forced to pay more to attract workers. If Republicans were telling the truth wages should be going up. Who's paying less?

They don't cut the CEOs hours because he's costing them $20,000 hr.

Lowering minimum wage will make them more money? Lol. So will 60 he work weeks and doing away with overtime.

Last edited:

That's the real problem. I'm not going to tell Republicans what to do. They told blue collar they would make America great again and if part of their plan is to lower minimum wage, who am I to argue? Do you make minimum wage? I don't. So raising minimum wage lowers the value of my salary. Is my employer going to raise my wages?

Blue collar voted for Trump and Republicans. Let them see what voting Republican gets them.

True. it's still amazing the DNC decided they could ignore one of their core constituencies for the past 50 years.

In a factory that pays minimum wage they usually give a 30 cent raise after 6 months. That's shit.

But wait a second! I just thought of something. Why would any employer try to pay minimum wage now? We were told that with illegals gone companies would be forced to pay more to attract workers. If Republicans were telling the truth wages should be going up. Who's paying less?

What type of factory work pays minimum wage these days? Sweeping the floor?

I'd rather work 20 hours a week for you for $20 hr than work 40 hours for $15. I'll go get another job.

Trumps bringing jobs back home and kicking illegals out. It's going to be an employee's market remember? No employer will be able to find workers and you Republicans will start hiring illegals again

What type of factory work pays minimum wage these days? Sweeping the floor?
In your fantasy world they would. And you'd say it's good because at minimum wage the corporation can hire more people.

We set minimum wage because corporations can't be trusted to do the right thing on their own.

Forum List

Back