while repugs are held in back seat car by teabaggers car goes over cliff

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
One of the biggest sticking points of a deal with the level at which taxes will go up. The level the President is sticking to is $250K while the republicans think that is too low.

Here's a math question for those who think the $250 limit is going to make the wealthy go broke.

If for up to a dollar I pay 5% tax and I make $1 for the year at the end of the year I would own $0.05 tax.
If for anything above $1 I owe 10% tax and I make $2 for the year, how much tax do I owe at the end of the year?

It is just so hard to bring those guys out of the back seat.

One of the biggest sticking points of a deal with the level at which taxes will go up. The level the President is sticking to is $250K while the republicans think that is too low.

Here's a math question for those who think the $250 limit is going to make the wealthy go broke.

I don't give a fuck whether or not they go broke. The government takes in more than $2 trillion a year. That is more than enough to run this country. Neither they nor you deserve any more of anyone else's money, you parasitic leach.

If for up to a dollar I pay 5% tax and I make $1 for the year at the end of the year I would own $0.05 tax.
If for anything above $1 I owe 10% tax and I make $2 for the year, how much tax do I owe at the end of the year?

You sure are obsessed with Teabagging, are you usually the bag or the teacup?

strawman.jpg

I don't give a fuck whether or not they go broke. The government takes in more than $2 trillion a year. That is more than enough to run this country. Neither they nor you deserve any more of anyone else's money, you parasitic leach.

Don't expect a response anytime soon.

These folks only post what they are instructed...they don't think for themselves.

You have to wait patiently for a HuffPo, ThinkProgress search to be completed to get a reply.

These folks only post what they are instructed...they don't think for themselves.

You have to wait patiently for a HuffPo, ThinkProgress search to be completed to get a reply.

Oh, I won't be so sure of that. :wink_2:

BAM!

Nice shootin' Tex!:clap2:

Wait. This just in. I have been instructed to call you a moron.

What's the point of raising taxes on the wealthy? Has that been explained?

So you are saying we don't need to increase revenue to get out of this mess? We can assign blame anywhere and everywhere we want but the fact of the matter is we are here and now and action is required. There is perfectly good reasons the government might be able to operate at under whatever it currently spends but action must be taken and taken quickly. The American people seem to agree with the President's proposal some people, cough(teabaggers), seem to be under someone other than the American people's control.

Wait. This just in. I have been instructed to call you a moron.

You are proving my point quite succinctly.

You have no argument, because you haven't thought this topic though for yourself.

You have read what the liberals want, and immediately adopted their wish as your command, without applying unbiased critical thinking.

Think for yourself, if you are capable.

This is not meant as a put down...it is constructive criticism.

You will only hear someone on Fox/MurdochTV admit that the first 250 stays at the old level for ALL wage earners if you press them on it. You have to drag that out of them for obvious reasons :wink_2:

I notice most rw'ers never say "returning taxes to their prior levels" rather they say "raising taxes". :eusa_eh: Fox has taught you well Padawan. :thup:

BTW- everyone was doing quite well under higher tax-rates < 20 years ago before the rich's war on the middle-class perpetrated by their bought- and -paid -for, water-carriers in Congress (mostly on the Right judging from their falling on their sword practices to protect the ever increasing wage disparities).

Last edited:
If everyone was doing well 20 years ago under the taxes soon to come to pass then why are the democrats whining and crying?

I can now see why the Republicans are not serious about running for President. Why? Obviously it is not the majority party that runs the country it is the minority party. The House of Rep. runs the country. The speaker of the house is actually the unelected king of America.

Obama is nothing more then a figurehead he might as well go on vacation for all the good he does.

So you are saying we don't need to increase revenue to get out of this mess? We can assign blame anywhere and everywhere we want but the fact of the matter is we are here and now and action is required. There is perfectly good reasons the government might be able to operate at under whatever it currently spends but action must be taken and taken quickly. The American people seem to agree with the President's proposal some people, cough(teabaggers), seem to be under someone other than the American people's control.

Until there are definite BIG spending cuts, I say no deal!

Raising taxes on the "wealthy" won't do a damn thing to solve the problem.
Lets raise them on ALL Americans.... All of us, not just one class.

I want the dumb asshole, know nothing voters that voted for the liberal pricks in DC to pay along with everyone else.

Lets all feel the burn!!!

You're an idiot if you actually believe the shit you just spewed.

Here OP --
Suck on this, asswipe -- Who Pays the Most Income Tax?

You cut me deep, warrior, real deep. :frown: You know you're not the only sensitive guy on this board.

While your sited author has a Bachelor of Science degree in landscape architecture and has participated widely in government in minor positions he states his points a little skewed. Here is a chart of the figures he uses which is a little more objective I think.

Attachments

• $snapshot1.png
    $snapshot1.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
If everyone was doing well 20 years ago under the taxes soon to come to pass then why are the democrats whining and crying?

I can now see why the Republicans are not serious about running for President. Why? Obviously it is not the majority party that runs the country it is the minority party. The House of Rep. runs the country. The speaker of the house is actually the unelected king of America.

Obama is nothing more then a figurehead he might as well go on vacation for all the good he does.

What were the GOP's net GAINS in House seats in the last election?

Last edited:

No, we dont need to increase taxes in the middle of a recession. We do however should cut spending. The future of america is bleak with morons like you and your ass backward economic ideology at the helm.

So the deficit is a problem?

Forum List

Back